CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Husband is fricken SUPERMAN!!!


First of all this may be my last post for the weekend, so I wanted to wish you all a happy Valentines Day with Ferrets. hehehehehehe

Anyhow, on to the hubs.

Yesterday, he got off work about noon to see what he could do about the heater. He rushed home and pulled out the "capacitor" A couple guys out at work said that might be it. He ran down town. First place didn't test them or cary any in stock. 2nd place said it could test it for 50 bucks, test would take 2 minutes, but he wouldn't test it till Friday, then it would take till the following Friday to get the part. Hubs basicly told him to go fuck himself.

Third place, nobody there. So hubs left a message on his machine and cell phone.

He came home and we had some lunch, then he put the capacitor back in and he hit it a few times with his pocket knife and tried the heater. Nope not that.

He then laid himself down on the floor and had his flashlight and proceeded to stare into the heater. (at least that's all it looked like he was doing to me) Now my husband has amazing patients with non living things. He can work on them for hours, but if it's living, he would rather kill or spank it than have patients. I'm the opposite. I'll throw the non living shit in the trash after about oh 30 seconds. hahahahaha

So...after about 40 minutes of staring, he screams MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!

I jump and yell, omg what did you get shocked???

He goes, "no, but do you remember that part we had replaced in December?"

me--oh fuck it didn't burn out did it.

him--no but something sure as hell did.

me--what???

apparently there is this group of wires that leads from sensor to capacitor, to fan, to motor, to element, etc.....

him--one of the wires burnt all the way through.

He pulls them out, and sure enough one in the group is burned all the way through, but that's not all. All the wires in this ceramic connector thing are all burnt and corroded. He said we were very lucky the house didn't burn down.

So..he went to True Value and got some wires and connectors. 6.70 for the bunch. Then we held our breath. Why did we hold our breath you may ask. Well I'll tell you. BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE HAS NEVER BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO LET ANYTHING IN OUR LIVES BE AN EASY FIX!!!!

So...both him and I were ready to replace these and it still not work. That is just our luck. It's who we are. If it isn't gonna rape us out of all of our money, then it's gonna injure one of us so we have to spend all of our money at the hospital. Yeah nice luck huh??

But he replaces the wires. He turns on the heater, we hold our breath. And the BITCH TURNED ON!!!! whoooooohoooooooo It's been working ever since.

My husband is SUPER fricken MAN!!!!!!

Thank you all for the warm wishes, and nice words. I will be checking in through the weekend, but hubby has 4 days off, and after tomorrow Kiddo has 3 days off, so we will probably be doing some thing or other. hahahaha

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!

12 comments:

Muhd Imran said...

He sure is! Good job man... Superman!

Have a good and fun week together with your family.

Special K said...

WHOOHOO! YAY!!!
We just had the easy fix karma Gods shine on us too! Our blinkers went out on the car, the $1 bulb wasn't the fix, dang it of course not. So we had to buy a $32 part from the dealer (because the car is 11 years old), got it in, stuck it in, YAY BLINKERS!!
So yeah I know that feeling of WHOOHOO! :) Have a good weekend and Happy Valentines Day early!

Unknown said...

Yeah, but does he look sexy in the cape and tights?

A Spot of T said...

Superman indeed! Handymen are always under-appreciated so good to hear you're giving kudos to yours. Can't beat saving a bit of money. Hope you're feeling better. Have a super weekend!

Burfica said...

Imran--have a fun one with yours too.

K--yayyyyyyyy at least it wasn't 100 bucks or more.

chicka--I would laugh at him in a cape and tights, but he looks fricken hot in his work clothes. hehehehe

T--they sure are, and I have friends who have husbands that can't do any fricken thing, they are always asking for help from mine. I'm so glad he's handy.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

YAY Gigantor!!!....think I can borrow him? I have a honey to do list a mile long. lol.

Happy Valentines day!!

Libby said...

WOOHOO Gigantor!!!!
pssst, hey, burfica, after he's done at t's house, can he come here?? ...and you can come too?

Christine said...

Hey Libby, I want him first. We can have a bidding war! As someone who throw the entire stove out when a burner breaks, he'd be worth a forture to me!

MomThatsNuts said...

YAY the heater Gods were kind!! Our water heater went out last sunday..luckily was a quick fix for that too!! Sometimes life is FAIR BURF!! Glad your warm cuz it has really been extra cold this week!! REALLY DAMN COLD...do we still live in the desert or did the earth shift on its axis and we are on a different rotation?? Wheres the SUN????

Rhiannon said...

Oh my my...this does not sound like fun...I've "been there done that"..more or less on my own with things like this..I've had to just keep at it until I figured something out..I survive I persevere.

I tell you Burfica I know what a capacitor is and all the other parts and things you mentioned..I used to work in Electronics many many years ago. Other wise as a single woman I'd be cooked if I didn't know some of that stuff..and get ripped off by cheating repair men!

I know it's not easy..but thank goodness you got hubby there to help you figure it out...all of you together "working" on it and supporting one another..it may be hard it may seem impossible sometimes but you both got "back up"...each other..

Don't forget that now..it's an important thing to remember..oh and I know what you mean about how life always seems so hard and what you said..it's been that way for me too..I often wonder "why"?...but hey we are still around and we are learning how we can "get through" those trying times..often I just take a deep deep cleansing breath over and over or I might have a heart attack if I don't! Or I get in my car and make sure my windows are closed and drive down the street and do this "Primal scream"!...he he..no one hears me and I then feel better..:o)..but my throat is always a bit sore for a day or so.

I hope your Valentines day was a good one. I am just happy I got through the day...V day is always a hard one for me...as you know..but it turned out better this time around then all the other years..I got taken out to dinner...just a male friend..but it was nice not to have to pay for it or worry about any of that.

Hang in there friend..

Blessings,

Rhi

CrystalChick said...

OH that is AWESOME!!! Hooray for hubby on that one!
A couple years ago out heated went and the local company was backed up so we went with another one and it ended up being like 800 bucks. OMG, the crazy crap you do when you're cold. NEXT time we get another portable heater and wait it out. And I use one upstairs when I'm crafting and if you stay right in it's little heated area, it's very toasty.

Glad you are having a good weekend.

Alekx said...

I had a comment all ready then I got to thinking about Gigantor in a cape and tights, then my thought process went to him farting in same said tights then looking like the girl from Willie Wonka that ate the grape gum and blew up, then the ompa lompas had to roll her out.
Yup that's where my mind went.
I'm gonna go laugh at myself some more. hehehe