CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 02, 2009

So Much Thanks

I just wanted to thank you all so very much. All the comments left were so nice, and made me feel so loved.

I did pretty good this weekend.

Friday I went and got my nails done. I wasn't going to but Gigantor made me. Said it's one of the few times I get out and have fun. He's right I should keep going. I got them black with a ton of red glitter and red sparkelie heart decals on them. Very cool looking.

I will say I didn't fidget from pain near as much as usual when I get them done. That was a plus.

My avon order came in Friday afternoon so I got that done. My mother in law came over and scrubbed the guest bath and vacuumed the living room. That was cool I guess.

Saturday I got up and cut up a bunch of stuff. We were doing Gigantor's birthday dinner that night. His birthday is actually the 3rd, but I wanted to do it on a weekend. We had pasta and I did a crock pot full of meat balls and a big pan full of meat sauce with lots of veggies in it. Then garlic bread, and I made a HUGE green salad. I always make plenty of food, but I almost didn't have enough this time around.

Part of it I'm sure is some of Gigantor's sisters brought extra kids (not related) without telling me. I found that very rude. Then one of his sisters that never EVER cooks enough food. Her and her son scooped up so much food it would have fed three people each. Shocked the heck out of us.

Since I worked on the dinner on Saturday I didn't do any arm exercises. And since people didn't go home till midnight I didn't do my leg one's either. That was my one day off for the week.

Sunday we all slept in some. Got up and watched a couple programs we recorded. At a bit of a wonderful dip. Had some left over salad. And then settled in and watched the super bowl. Oh my gosh what an amazing game. I am bummed that with only 1.56 left on the clock the cardinals lost. But only by 3 points, and they sure as heck brought it and proved they were good enough to be there. I was very proud of my cardinals.

I did my exercises and we went to bed rather early. After Kiddo went to school I actually fell back asleep today and slept way way in. I'm so bad. I feel so guilty when I do that. Probably because my mother was the beast of beasts if you slept past 7:30 ever. Oh she would make you feel so dam guilty and yell at you tons. And still this many years later, I have to fight to not feel guilty when I sleep in past 8 or 9.

I will say something that I hope I don't jinx it. But at night every time I moved my legs in bed it would feel like a knife was stabbing up under my knee caps. And whenever I got out of a chair. But past 2 days it hasn't. I'm hoping I'm getting ahead of the pain with some of the meds. I mean yeah they still hurt, as does my back, hips, ankles and legs in general, but to not have that stabbing pain and to actually get a bit of sleep. That's a huge plus I'm sure. I haven't really slept in months. So....lets hope I didn't just jinx that. hahahaha

Okay I'm off to read some blogs. Have a good Groundhog day everyone. And I truly appreciate you all!!!!

12 comments:

Special K said...

I am glad you got real rest and had a break from the stabbing pain!! I hope this is a sign of things to come!
I was rooting for the Cardinals too! It was a great game! At least they got the experience and the ring! I would of loved to see the underdog win though!

Alekx said...

just keep moving kiddo, that will make you want to move more and that is the key.

Damn stealers. blah

Humor Girl said...

Hahaha...it's groundhog day?? Where have I been?

Libby said...

hey, burfica, i hafta say first....WHAT A GAME!!! GO STEELERS!!..sorry, had to...
after that, i'm so glad things seem to be on the upsdwing! i know the big ball in the pit of your stomach HAS to feel better after putting everything out there and realizing that, yes, they DO still like me!! just don't forget to keep up on the cymbalta and the exercises, please? you are well on your way!

Libby said...

...and, by the way...i was just reading back over my favorite post (you know what one! about real men farting!)...and i just caught something...could that duck be gigantor's "butt quack"?? lol!

Anonymous said...

I was bummed about the Cardinals too! Well, there's always next year right? Your nails sound cool, too!

Muhd Imran said...

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Gigantor.

Must have been a busy day for you but a fun day for hubby... that labor of love should be worth it regardless of the guests.

Hope that your health will improve more with that combination of meds and your strict dedication to keep exercising your limbs.

Have a good week ahead!

captain corky said...

Burfica, it takes a lot of guts to talk about your weight and health issues and I just want you to know that I support you and am rooting for you!

cookie monster said...

Some people can be unthoughtful Burfica, just be happy that you're not as rude as them!

i stayed up to watch the Superbowl. It didn't start till midnight here coz of the time difference! I was choked to see that the Cardinals lost, i was rooting for them!

Burfica said...

K-- it was an awesome game regardless.

alekx--Just keep on keeping on

Humor girl--I didn't know till they said it on the news

libby--It did relieve alot of stress.

Libby--butt quack. HAHAHAHAHAHAA

crystal--I hope they keep Kurt Warner and do it again

Imran--thank you, it was still a fun day.

corky--it was hard as hell to talk about it, but thank you for being one of my cheer leaders.

cookie--it was a nail biter of the last three minutes of the game.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I'm glad that Gigantor made you go, and you had fun. You time is a good thing.

Olly said...

Gigantor sounds like a keeper;-)