CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh Dear God Help Me!!!!

Oh my gosh it's cold, it's so dam cold. Our heater finally took a major dump as we were sleeping last night. The element kept coming on, but the blower/fan motor won't work. So...we almost burnt the house down.

Usually it wouldn't be so bad, but it stormed here and more storms are supposed to hit this weekend. So...it's low 20's outside, and low 30's here in the house.

I called a friend and got one electric portable heater to sit here next to the computer, but i'm not sure if it's working. She wasn't sure it would work either, it was in storage on it's side. Oh yeah I just checked, it's warming up. It isn't one of those that blows the heat, just heats up and radiates out.

My mother in law is supposed to bring one or two more over also. She said it would be later, cuz she had to cook the father in law breakfast and he refused to wait for 10 minutes for her to bring them over.

Gigantor had to go to work. So...I left a message on the electricians phone, but he isn't off his other job till after 3.

Gigantor did text me told me he was getting off early so that he could try to fix it.

I'm not gonna run the oven again like I did last time. I went from having a 150 dollar electric bill to a 373 dollar one. ahhhhhhhhhhh

Wish me luck and that the parakeets don't die in the cold.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!!

9 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

OMG that's so not good. I'm sending warm thoughts your way. As warm as I can from here its -15C/5F here. But I can totally relate when the heat goes out in the house, it SUCKS!!

cookie monster said...

Hoope it dont get as bad as it has been over here, we have had a foot of snow!

Will email etc again soon, am off to the dentists!

In Search Of My Hip Bones said...

Ouch! Good luck and stay warm! Or come on down to TN...it's in the 60s today!

~SugarBear~ said...

We had that horrible cold snap a couple of weeks back with -25 degrees wind chills so I feel for you without the heat. Prayers for warm weather & a fixed heater are coming your way!

Special K said...

OMG! That is NOT good! We had this happen a couple of weeks ago. Of course it was the rate 20 degree night the electric went out..OF COURSE!!!!! ANyway,,we were surprised it only got to 64 in the house. I know they told us this house was VERY well built and insulated but until then I had no way of knowing it. I am very very thankful! And also thankful we have a fireplace if that crap ever happens again!
Hope it is fixed soon so you don't turn into one of those icicles!

Special K said...

BTW we just had our electric come back on after 15 hours. The temp outside only got in the 50s. Our house? Still 64 degrees when it came back on so apparently my house is just 64 degrees LOL except in summer OMG!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

BTW - I've left you an award. Well deserved, I might add.

Libby said...

aw, burfica, that sucks a big one!! hope you can stay warm!

Biddie said...

Oh, yuck. I hope that you warm up soon!
We spent more than a year with no heat at all...We had about 6 small heaters thru the house and it was warm-ish, but never quite warm enough. Hopefully, spring will be here soon..It is actually warming up here and we have more rain than snow. I can't wait for the winter to be over!