CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Next Post

Wow I haven't posted since Tuesday.

Not much to say. Been sleeping in a bit since it's spring break. Kiddo and I watch a movie each afternoon.

The other afternoon he wanted to watch The Messengers, cuz Kristen Stewart was in it. And he wanted to see her in something else other than Twilight. Well he wasn't really scared on that.

He wants so much to watch scary movies, and he can take lots of them but there is a few of them I don't think he can handle. One of them being The Grudge. But he pissed and moaned until I said, "okay but if it gets to scary tell me and we will shut it off" Yeah...we maybe made it halfway through. Now he's going through wanting the bathroom light on again all night. My bad, I should have kept saying no. Oh well.

My uncle gave us two tickets for the Deer Association Dinner again this year. I really really don't want to go. First of all, we would have to fork 20 bucks out for a kids ticket. Second, they have really low, hard and uncomfortable chairs. When I sit in them to long it seems to set me back a few weeks with the work I'm doing to make my legs better. And this is 4 to 6 hours. I'm sure I will be to the point of barely being able to walk out the door. I will be hurting so bad, I'm sure I won't enjoy myself. So...I don't wanna go, and I wanna say no.

I really need to yell at Gigantor cuz aunt and uncle are pushing me to go, and so is he now. I mean the food is good, not great but good. It's a salad, prime rib, baked potato, roll, and a piece of cake for desert. The girl scouts hand it out, so it always gets screwed up at least once.

You have to buy any drink but water, and there are tons of raffles and an auction and every year the hubs bugs the shit out of me to buy him 20 to 50 dollars worth of raffle tickets, and we win nothing. And I just don't want to deal with any of the shit this time. And I really don't want the pain. And I really really really don't want to be set that far back on my attempted recovery.

And AND there is a bbq the following weekend at aunt and uncles for the hunter safety instructors and spouses (no kids) and that will be uncomfortable enough, so I don't wanna do it two weeks in a row, and set myself that far back. If I had to choose one I would rather do the bbq.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me vent.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.

12 comments:

Special K said...

Is there any way you could take your own chair and cushion? That is what my Mother in law used to do. I guess even buying kiddos $20 ticket you got to admit $20 for 3 people is not too bad!
But on the other hand...
I totally understand not wanting to go when you know you won't have fun and worst of all that you will hurt afterwards. I hope Gigantor and all see your reasoning and don't push you to go against your will. :(

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I really hate being pushed into things I really dont want to do, unfortunately for me, I have troubles saying no. I need to work on that.

Kat loves scarey movies too, but they scare the crap out of her. I remember when she saw the ring when it came out, she actually came to my bed LOL.

Libby said...

burfica, i was thinking as i read this...you have totally valid reasons for not wanting to do either one...but, ok, if you compromise & just do one, i'd go for the bbq too! the other one just sounds too physically painful, and i know gigantor wouldnt do that to you...(you'd make him pay for it, and he knows that!)...and i know you hafta know that if you have a choice, avoid physical pain!!
...and as for the movies? watch "it" again...at night, with the light off...

none said...

These days I just say go without me. If they bitch oh well.

I cannot stand sitting uncomfortably for long stretches.

Anonymous said...

My nephew (that lives with me) is the same way about scary things. His problem is he likes to read scary books then he can't sleep in the dark - or God forbid - walk through a darkened room! But he's just so drawn to them . . . I guess they'll outgrow it (hopefully soon!)

As for the outings . . . jeez it sucks doesn't it? Taking your own chair would be a good idea if you can. I've been trying to make myself go places more - because I'm such a recluse, and I feel guilty for not doing things with my family, but I also totally know that being in pain for a week afterwards is usually just not worth it!

Biddie said...

My oldest daughter (now 21) loved scary movies and then sleeps with all of the light son, or worse yet, just can't sleep for days! She still watches the movoes with me though!
I hate being pushed into something that I don't feel comfortable with..Mind you, I am a weirdo amd loads of things make me uncomfortable!

Olly said...

I would just go to make an appearence, buy some tickets/make a donation, etc, and then disappear!

Burfica said...

K--there really isn't a way to take one, I just told him no

Miranda--I wasn't giving on this one.

Libby--I love watching scary movies at night with the light off

Hammer--yeah I'm having to do more of that

crystal--yeah it's a bad time till I can get some of these problems under control.

Biddie--I'm hoping he can start watching more of them

Olly--yeah not gonna happen, I would make a showing at a family thing, but not something I don't wanna go to.

MomThatsNuts said...

I hate scarey movies. If I even THINK something might jump out at me I am NOT WATCHING...even with Kiefer in Mirrors I havent seen it, as much as I LOVE him, I cant bring myself to watch the movie..I hate being scared. And you dont let ANYONE push you into ANYTHING you dont want to do. Cuz they wont like it if you push back....

mom

Willow said...

I hate that kind of thing, too. Just another way to suck the money out of people. Gah. (We never win anything either. If we did, I suppose my response might be different.)

Willow said...

(And scary movies ROCK!!)

CrystalChick said...

Don't go!! Your health is far more important! They will understand. And if they don't, that's too bad. Take care of you!