CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Rest of the weekend

The rest of my weekend was almost as busy as Friday was. Wow, what a whirlwind, but we had tons of fun.

Saturday, Gigantor went and ran to walmart and the grocery stores for me. Came home and I got up and helped him and Kiddo put stuff away. I finished up a touch of paperwork, and Captain Daddy came over.

At noon Skinny K and his mom came over. She brought their new weinie dog puppy, his name is Cephus. He is so dam adorable. He stayed to socialize with other dogs a bit, and people, oh man he was a riot. Skinny K's mom bought us all lunch. (taco bell) And we all sat and visited till almost 5. hahahaha It was a good time. The kids played for the most part. Gigantor did take them down town and to the lumber store to get more skirting, and to the feed store for a big bag of dog food, then made them help him unload the truck.

Gigantor got started on the frame work for the skirting. And he kept showing me a flyer were, the bbq he really wanted was on sale at sears for 299. I just kept going, uh huh whatever. Then he showed it to me, and it said if you bought it on Saturday, there would be no interest and no payments till April 2010. Dam skippy, I can pay that thing off before next year. So...since our current bbq was basicly hosed, I told him okay. God he was like a kid in a candy store, he was so excited. It's a nice one, gas grill, 4 burners, and two side burners for pots and stuff. My man, the caveman, the grill master. hahahaha

After skinny K, his mom, his puppy, and captain daddy left. D came over. We were a bit tired, but we were watching Alien Resurection (my kid had done an alien marathon, then predetor marathon, then the avp and avpR) D goes, "have you eaten" we said no, we were tired didn't know what to make. So...D bought pizza. whooohooo. I know I've been eating better and stuff, but two people bought us food on Saturday, I haven't cheated in a while, so that was a big old splurge day. hahahahaa

Sunday, Gigantor got up and worked a bit on the skirting again, then I got up. He informed me his mom was coming to dinner (she is leaving today back for new mexico) I'm like ummm okay. So...I made out some bills, and he cleaned the rest of the table off. Then we ate some lunch and took off to deliver the rest of my avon and my books.

We ended up stuck at one place, the lady wanted to visit, then we went by Captain Daddies, asked him to come to dinner too. Then another ladies we went by, she came out and cried, told me about almost losing her husband last month. It was a close scary call. Then she brought out her new puppy. It was a long haired weinie dog puppy. hahahaha so cute.

We finished all our running around and came home and started dinner. It was a nice dinner though, the visiting was nice and everything. We had Gigantor's famous bbq chicken leg quarters. (he skins them then boils them, then grills them and they come out soooooo gooey) We had potatoes cut up, put lipton onion mushroom soup on it, a bit of olive oil and then microwave till tender. Sooo good,has the flaver of the dried soup on them. We had green salad and lemon poppyseed muffins too.

After dinner, we were so tired, bed time was like 9. hahahahaha

I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a good week. Spring break for us, so should be real nice.

8 comments:

Dr.John said...

You certainly were busy. So you gave in on the new grill. My wife never gives in that easy.

Alekx said...

I give in to easy.
:-)
Are we BBQing the Turkey?
hahaha

Libby said...

oh hell, burfica! you live in heaven, don't you? :-) keep up with the cymbalta, and you'll be over the moon in no time!!

Christine said...

I like that idea of the soup/potato thing. I need to give it a try.

Jules said...

OMG, a 9pm bedtime sounds about perfect for tonight. Too bad there's no chance of that happening for me until about 10 years from now.

Burfica said...

Dr. John--maybe you aren't as persistent, I give in cuz the hubs drives me nuts other wise. hahahaha

Alexk--We will bbq something that's for sure.

Libby--that grill is gonna get a workout this summer.

Christine--it's so yummie!!

Jules--Yeah it's very very rare for us.

cookie monster said...

You had an early night eh? ;-)

I adore BBQ, i may have to pop over for some!

CrystalChick said...

My girlfriend grills a good bit of the year, rain or shine, hot or cold. We have an old grill with a side burner on it, but I never use that part of it anymore.

Sometimes you have to splurge on some naughty food. My hubs has high cholesterol and he's doing good and lost some weight with the diet I have him on, but he still loves when he gets to cheat a little. There's a box of candy still sitting in our living room from Christmas because it goes with a gift for a friend that we just haven't seen yet. He figures if he asks every.damn.day if he can open it that I'll just cave. So far I'm being strong. LOL Luckily, he hasn't seen my little stash of mint choco treats by the 'puter. Shhhhh!!!!