CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 29, 2007

UPDATE: We took him in and the vet looked at him and his gums were white!! Which means bleeding somewhere. Further examination revealed he had a HUGE tumor in his abdomen, and he was bleeding internally, his stomach was full of blood. He is definatly not suffering anymore, and in a better place.



Bucks not been eating well, thought it was the weather. Last night, refused to eat, which means no pain pills. Won't eat, won't drink, won't take pills. Can barely walk, muscles are quiting, won't respond to his name. This morning giving me the pleading eyes. We go in this afternoon to let him go. I'm sure my mom is waiting with open arms and he can run and romp now. We are all sad, even crying. He's 12, for a bassett, that's way past expectancy. Still doesn't make it any easier to let go.

Fly free with mom now Buck!!! We love you and will miss you!!!

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Awww, I am so sorry. Always hard to lose a good friend.

Burfica said...

laurie---thank you, the best gift we can give them is to not let them suffer.

none said...

Poor guy, you have my condolences.

Rhiannon said...

I'm so sorry for you and your families loss Burfica...sigh..go ahead and cry...:(...time will heal the loss.

Blessings,

Rhi

Burfica said...

hammer---thank you so much


Rhi---thank you, yes I do cry alot.

Dorko said...

Dang it. Sorry to hear about him... good old doggers are wonderful members of any household.
Sounds like you did the best you could by him and gave him bunches of love during the years he stood watch over you!

Burfica said...

dorko--ty my friend, he was one of my babies.

Phoenix5 said...

So sorry for your loss, my friend! May you have strength and peace of mind during these difficult days!

Burfica said...

Phoenix---thank you so much my friend.

melodyann said...

Burf, I'm so sorry. Vincent-the-saving-dog is my best friend in all the world, but he's at least 17 years old now. I'm scared every single day I'm gonna lose him...