CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 30, 2007

MEME

I found this over on Aza's blog, thought I would give it a try.

Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday, month and day only. (mine is August 8th)

List three events that occurred that day. I'm actually gonna do a few more, cuz some where very interesting.
1.
1585 - John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in quest for the Northwest Passage.
2. 1794 - Joseph Whidbey and George Vancouver lead an expedition to search for the Northwest Passage near Juneau, Alaska.
3. 1863 - American Civil War: Following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
4. 1876 - Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
5. 1991 - John McCarthy, British Journalist held hostage in Lebanon for more than five years by Islamic Jihad, is released.

List 2 important Birthdays.
1.
1919 - Dino De Laurentiis, Italian film producer
2. 1079 - Emperor Horikawa of Japan (d. 1107)

List one death
1.
1991 - James Irwin, astronaut (b. 1930)

List a holiday or observance if any
1.
China - Festival of Hungry Ghosts.

Thought that was fun, there was a ton of other interesting stuff. Jose Cruz the baseball player, same birthday. Some things I don't want associated with my birthday. Lots of Nixon stuff, and the starting of construction on a concentration camp. Those I can leave out. hehehe

If you want to do it feel free. Was fun. Have a good weekend!!

7 comments:

none said...

that's cool I think I'll try it.

Burfica said...

hammer---yeah I'm gonna try yours too

melodyann said...

Wonder what you do at the Festival of Hungry Ghosts? I think I would just have to hide....

Ryan said...

That's sort of cool....

You can also celebrate Hungry ghosts on your birthday.

How did we ever know anything before the internet came online?

That's a good meme

Burfica said...

melodyann---well you feed them of course!! duh. lol

Ryan---Yeah my birthday is also, but a zucchini on your neighbors porch day. Weird... I think people need to leave their zucchini's in their pants.

MomThatsNuts said...

Sheesh honey I missed the whole Buck thing..sooo sorry!! Peggy is having a grand ole time!! Im sorry.

Mom

Mike Todd said...

Sorry to hear about James Irwin. He was my favorite astronaut I'd never heard of.