CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 12, 2007

Long Weekend

What a very long weekend it was. I'm almost glad it's the week again. Friday the kids were out of school. Some personal day for the teachers. In the morning I had Kiddo's friend K over, for a couple hours. Then we had lunch, and Big J came over. We then left and went to the early movie---Bridge to Tarabithia. It wasn't what I expected, but it was still very good. You expect lots of fantasy from the previews, but it really doesn't have that much. But still a very good family film.

Saturday we worked up at the other lot again, then got cleaned up and went to the ADA dinner (American Deer Association) Now this association is a non profit thing. They work on donations. Basicly they work on the donations of this one night. All sorts of business men show up to this dinner, they have donated things or services. There are tons of raffles, and silent auctions and even live auctions. We were enjoying ourselves, real good food, (prime rib, green beans, baked potoato, roll, salad, and cake) But these auctions were insane. Local small town business men, that can go drink, use any money spent as a tax write off, and who are showing off in front of their fellow business men.

They had a couple cheesecakes up for auction. Granted the lady if famous around town for making them. But these things went at 175 bucks for one. Not a chance in hell people. The other live auction things were prints, paintings, a couple sculptures, and a set of house plans from my uncle (he's an architect) Some of these prints that you could probably buy for 50 bucks on the internet. Went for 750 or more. It was totally insane.

All we bought was some raffle tickets, that was it. hehehehe

Sunday we didn't do to much. Did mountains of laundry and dishes, and straightened up the house. But we watched a couple movies. Stranger than Fiction with Will Ferrel. My husband said it was good, I actually fell asleep about 15 minutes into it, and woke up about 10 minutes from the end, and that was good for me. Then we watched Rent. I have always loved musicals, but to me, this one was only so so.

Now that I have completely put you to sleep, my work is done, and I'm gonna go eat a brownie. hehehe Have a good Monday all, may it be as warm and beautiful as mine. hehehehe

10 comments:

Mia said...

Kat said she saw that movie...she actually cried lol.

See you haven't found the laundry fairy either huh?

Hey how come you can see my post, but I cant get it pulled up? weird huh?

Burfica said...

Miranda---that is weird. I don't know, maybe I have super hero eye site or something. hehehehe

Canadian flake said...

lmaooooooo at super hero eye sight

none said...

What does the ADA use the money for?

Burfica said...

flake---I know I wrote that comment but can't remember where. hehehehe


Hammer---probably for the next dinner. lmao. Actually it goes to preserving area's so that they can keep hunting alive in our area. Whatever, I don't understand all the logistics of it. Our dinner tickets were free. lmao

Ryan said...

It's always good to have a bunch of show off business people at a function like that. My company sent me to a similar thing about a year ago with an open cheque book.

I'm not allowed to participate in those functions anymore.

Burfica said...

ryan-------lmao, well I could do that seeing as I'm my own boss. But then I would have to pay for it anyway, and that's the part I don't like. hehehehe

Steven said...

You actually sat and WATCHED Rent?

Oh no...

Even a half naked Rosario Dawson couldn't save that flick. ;)

Steve~

Burfica said...

Steve--your right. lmao

Julie said...

$175 for cheesecake? was it made w/ gold creamcheese? I'm in the wrong industry, ha!

I have wanted to watch that Will Ferrell movie,, I also saw the previews out this week for that new ice skating movie he's in,, looks hilarious!

Hope this weekend is relaxing for you sweets!