CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Holy Hemorrhaging Eyes Batman

Took Captain Daddy to the eye doctor today. He hasn't been in over 6 years. grrrrrrrrr

Now Captain Daddy is diabetic with high blood pressure, and when he moved up here. He had been going to this major quack where he lived. When he got up here I got him with a good doctor that actually put him in insulin. He's been struggling with blood sugar up in the 300's for at least 3 or 4 years. His blood sugar is now in normal range and he feels much better.

So...we go into the eye doctor, because he lets me know a couple months ago, that he can't see hardly at all even with his glasses.

The eye doctor does many exams, some extensive. What he found is Captain Daddy's pressure is way up in his left eye, like around 30. He also did a field vision test and it looks like Captain Daddy has the starts of glaucoma. He is having him back in two weeks to do a much more extensive test so we can find out for sure, and get the drops that stop the progression of it. When he checked his eyes a second time after dilating them, he said that they were hemorrhaging. ahhhhhhhh LOL

I'm really glad that Captain Daddy moved up here now. I seem to have forced him to get most his health issues worked out with a decent doctor, and now we are getting his eyes worked out, so that he won't go blind real soon like he would without keeping on top of it.

On a side note, we already turned the cooler on. HOT HOT HOT. hehehehee

Hope you all had a good start to the week.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Captain Daddy is lucky to have you around - and I know you enjoy him being close by.
My aunt had her retina reattached three times b/c of diabetes (well twice in one eye, once in another eye),, but they can do wonders w/ the eye now.. and get some weed for your dad for the glaucoma :)

Hope you are having a good week so far! (what would your family do w/you?!)

Burfica said...

Julie---we mentioned about weed, and captain daddy about dropped a log right there. They are catching it early enough, it's not hurting him yet. Thank goodness.

Sugar said...

Glad that Captain Daddy has his very own little Nurse to keep his health in check :)

Hope you have a great weekend...you have heat there? No fair, the sun is shining here but still no heat...brrrrrr

Burfica said...

Sugar---yeah it's been in the 80's. Well if I'm his nurse, I need to get paid a hell of a lot more. hehehhee

Steven said...

We turned on the AC here last week...I LOVE IT!

Steve~

Burfica said...

Steve---me tooooo

Rhiannon said...

Burfica, sorry to hear of Captain daddys (I love the names you give your family members:))difficulties of late..I know a lot of people who have diabetes. It's good they have so many new treatments nowadays and it's good you got him a good doctor..but you be "the head honcho nurse" for sure! Queen of the family! Oh yes you are!..:)
Bless your heart.

Blessings,

Rhi

Burfica said...

Rhi---I just adore you, you know that?? hehehehe

Yeah I gotta be head honcho. So many men/boys in my area and household. Gotta let them know who's boss. hehehehe

Ryan said...

Some people are just allergic to doctors. I understand where Captain Daddy is coming from.

It's good to keep that diabetes under control. I'm missing my Captain Daddy because he refused to do what the doctors told him. It's an important thing.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Yeah I was going to suggest the weed too.

Canadian flake said...

Well gee,,,do I smack you for the nightmares you are giving me concerning the diabetes or for the heat you are enjoying...of course Mother Nature has decided to be a bitch and dump a whole amount of snow AGAIN...FFS this is getting old fast..lmao

Burfica said...

Ryan---yeah I don't want to lose him before i really have to.


James---He's not even hurting yet from it, but even if he was I bet I would have to force that one him.


Flaked---as long as you do what's right and keep going to the doc you'll be okay, just the old coot is so dang stubborn.

Azathoth100 said...

Glad that the Captain has a stubborn person like you to force him to get help.