CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Scared Shitless

Just a quick note. I'm scared shitless. I don't think any of you can understand the fear I have for dentists. I've never feared anything as bad, bugs are close. But I'm so scared of dentists.

With that broken tooth. I go in today. For a consultation, and hopefully he can pull it. It's a wisdom tooth, it's in sideways. It's been in since I was 18. They told me when I was 18 that the roots were in the nerve in my face. That I had a 50/50 chance of being paralyzed that side of my face if they pull it. So...I never had it pulled. Maybe it's not actually in that nerve, that was 18 years ago they checked it. I'm hoping he can pull it, but I'm so scared I'm sick.

I'm so scared my blood pressure is up, I'm sick to my stomach, and I've been crying. I don't cry when I'm scared or in pain. And I keep crying.

Please keep me in your thoughts. I'll try to be back if I haven't died from fear.

Happy Thursday.

Update: God was I manic in that post or what?? I went in today. It is a bad break, and a big caved out section, but a cavity right in that, and more and more of the cavity/nerve is getting exposed.

He didn't pull it.

Seeing how scared I was, seeing how that tooth is in completly sideways in the back of my mouth, seeing how bad my gag reflex was, and hearing about other health problems, and the fact that I was so nervous, my voice was shaking, I was crying, and I wouldn't let him near my mouth with more than a mirror. He said I needed to go to the oral surgeon. I needed to be put under to have it taken out.

I have a consultation next Thursday with one that comes to town. Then I have two choices. I can make an appointment and go down to Flagstaff and have him do it (which we are leaning towards) or I have to wait till October 30th when he comes back to town.

I just really really want it done.

He says it's a conscious sedation, that it's an i.v. with a little sedative and the nitrous. I now am so fricken scared that they won't give me enough. That I won't be able to say anything, but that I will be able to feel every single thing. I'm also scared that it's been starting to hurt a bit more, and it's making me very tired.

I hope I'm back tomorrow without feeling so sick to my stomach, and calmed down some.

Thanks all for sticking with me.

17 comments:

cookie monster said...

hey there you. hope it gets sorted soon. toothache is n darned fun! :(

Jules said...

Honey buns, you're going to be okay. Specially cuz technology and dentistry has to have come a long long way in 18 years!!

none said...

I had it done too, Sideways, impacted etc... good luck. it will feel better once it's out.

Rex Venom said...

awwwww
It will be OK!
Hope you are feeling better!
Rock on!

Burfica said...

cookie---thank you hun, enjoy your holliday

jules--I know, just I get myself so dam worked up.

Hammer--I know, it's all the scary shit before it comes out.

Rex--thank you very much Rock on back. hehehehe

Phoenix5 said...

I was "blessed" with an EXTRA set of wisdom teeth that also grew in sideways. After dealing with headaches that make the nastiest ones I have now seem mild, one became infected and I had to have surgery to remove them. They put me right out, and I didn't feel a thing... until the effects of the anesthetic wore off! LOL! Yeah, it hurt, but it was worth it.

At your consultation, ask for a general anesthetic. You'll be much more relaxed facing it if you know you won't feel a thing!

Burfica said...

phoenix--they won't give me the anesthesia that puts you all the way out. It's the gas and i.v. sedation. That they do procedures with like colonoscopies.

Anonymous said...

It will be fine. Just take the drugs and you'll be surprised how relaxed you'll be.

I had heavy sedation for a complete hysterectomy because I wasn't breathing right and they didn't want to knock me out.

Not only did I not feel anything at all, I didn't even remember it. But I think I was talking all the way through it because they looked at me funny when it was over.

Burfica said...

babzy---yeah I just need to make sure the dentist uses the same drugs as the hospitals do.

Biddie said...

I have a huge phobia of the dentist, too. BIG. I was actually kicked out of a dentists office in the middle of a procedure b/c I was shaking and crying so much.
I had to have some wisdom teeth removed a few years back. The roots were all knarly and messed up, so they sent me to an oral surgeon. It was the best dental experience that I have ever had.
Seriously.
I never felt a thing. The Dr. put the iv in the crook of arm, and even that didn't hurt. (the only thing that scares me more than a dentist is an iv)
You will come through with flying colours. Promise.
I'll be thinking of you xx

Anonymous said...

Drugs. Before you even get in the chair.

Burfica said...

biddie--thank you so much, those words were excatly what I needed to hear today. I so heart you. hehehehe

JJ--amen sister, they said first thing you do when you wake up is have a milk shake and pain pill, what could be better?

Jules said...

Sweetheart, just breathe... get the iv, get the tooth pulled as soon as you can... it will all be over soon!! ((HUGS))

Mia said...

((((BIG HUGS)))) Be brave...you're gonna be fine.

Azathoth100 said...

Relax Bur, I know the fear of the dentist, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. Get the tooth removed, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Libby said...

burf-you'll be fine, i promise! we're all stronger than we think, you know? and it'll be worth anyhing to get this done, won't it?that sedation will be fine for you, too...

Canadian flake said...

awwwwww sweetie...so sorry you are panicked...

hope you are feeling better now..

my thoughts and prayers are with you as always.