CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Windy Wednesday

Now that I'm most of the way better, the wind is blowing like crazy. Which should stir up all the crap in the air and give us all an allergy attack. grrrrrrrr

The window on my suburban. It wasn't just off track. It was the "gear box" inside the window motor. Napa had a motor for 49 bucks. But we had them order the gear box, which was only 9.98. We talked to a mechanic and glass guy that will replace it for a 12 pack of beer. hehehehe

Only downfall right now is I can't roll the window down (they got it up) So...it doesn't seem like a big deal, till I forget and pull up to the post office drop off box, or the bank drive thru, or a fast food joint. Then I hit the button and clickity click. then I curse, then I have to pull forward and open my door, like all the idiot dorks I make fun of. hehehehe

Well...I'm off to visit with Captain Daddy.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

12 comments:

Libby said...

well, burf, at least it's stuck in the 'up' position...what if it was stuck 'down', & it stormed??

Phoenix5 said...

Nice deal on the part and labour! LOL! Typical GM product though! They give you a wonderful Drivetrain Warranty, but it's all the other things that go wrong with it!

Burfica said...

libby--so true, but I keep forgetting and trying to roll it down.

Phoenix--everything with their dam electric windows goes wrong. The ass holes.

Unknown said...

A 12-pack? That's what I offered my surgeon. He wasn't so accommodating, however.

Alekx said...

ummmmmm aren't we the dorks that everyone else is making fun of.

Burfica said...

dorky dad---how dare he not take you up on that.

Alekx--shhhhhhh I'm pretending not to be

Anonymous said...

I had a car window that wouldn't roll up. One time some goofy teenage boys were beside me asking if I had any Grey Poupon then laughed their guts out when I couldn't roll up my window to get away from them.

Burfica said...

babzy--I'm so sorry, but that is cracking me the hell up.

Burfica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aw man. It's the little things that can be quite annoying.

Jules said...

That totally happened to me! With both my Toyota and my Chev!! LOL Yeah, drive thru's were irritating... having to open up the door and all to order and pay!

Canadian flake said...

hell up these ways you can't even get a boy scout to help you across the street for a 12- pack..I think y'all got a good deal..lol.