CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Thought it would be a good day.....

I thought today would be a good day. I was feeling a bit better over the weekend. Then when I went to bed last night. Even though I drugged myself up. I couldn't stop coughing long enough to sleep. I think I got an hour and a half of sleep total.

A few years ago, I got my son a couple parakeets. He begged for them after our parrot died. He has a blue one named Sassy, she is older. And a green and yellow one named Flutter. He's always been a bonehead, but adorable.

I came in after dropping kiddo off at school. I say hi to all the animals, and I don't see Flutter. Then I see him standing in the bottom of the cage in a corner. Upon inspection, I find him dead. DEAD???!!!!

My son just admitted to me that he's been having a really tough week, thinking about my mom and Buck (dog we put down a few months back) He admitted he even went to the school counselor to talk about it. And now I have to tell him another one of his beloved pets is dead!!! I'm so... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr right now.

Well on that upbeat note. I'm gonna leave and wish you all a much better Monday than mine is turning out to be. And it's not even 9 in the morning yet. sheeeshhh

22 comments:

captain corky said...

Sorry to hear that Buffica. I hope you feel better soon, and I'm sorry that your son is having it so rough lately.

Anonymous said...

It's heartbreaking when our kids are dealing with something like a pet dying or worse. I used to tell my boy that every time he has to handle something difficult or painful he is one step closer to becoming a strong man.

Alekx said...

I wish I could be there to help today when he gets home.

Tell him I love him bunches and bunches and bunches

Burfica said...

corky--Thank you hun. I hate when the kids hurt

babzy--but we just want to protect them forever.

alekx--I wish you could be too, we will get through it I'm sure.

Sugar said...

That sucks honey. Sorry to hear you're not yet feeling yourself yet. Good luck with telling kiddo the news, death is never an easy subject. I think you could both do with plenty of hugs today xx

Burfica said...

sugar---yeah and for the past two years, there has been way to much death in this family.

Biddie said...

I hate losing any pet. It always breaks my heart, whether it's a bird, or a baby bunny, or my dog. It's never easy.
Big hugs to your and your son.
I hope that tomorrow is a better day. :)

Burfica said...

biddie--thank you. It better be or I'm going back to bed for the entire week. lol

Dan said...

Goodness, when it rains it pours huh? Very sorry to hear about all of this. :(

Burfica said...

dan--thanks, I figure if god is picking on us, he's leaving some other poor fool alone.

Anonymous said...

crap. that's the problem with animals...they go and you are left to explain the situation to the kids...

I wish you luck.

I feel for your little man.

Mia said...

Oh my...how horrible. That so sucks. I hope it all goes ok for you.

Burfica said...

jj--yeah well the animals aren't half as bad as when I had to tell him about my mom

Miranda--yeah sucks to be me today. lol

Phoenix5 said...

Sending good vibes your way, my friend! It looks like you really need all you can get!

Beware the school counselors... I've heard reports of late that they've been doing more harm than good in dealing with kid's problems. It's better to deal with things like this within the family unit. Just my two cents worth.

Jules said...

Oh NO!! That totally sucks ass! I'm soo sorry to hear about the bird...and the sleepless night. That coughing phase only lasts for what, like, a week? But at least you were feeling well enough to take your babe to school yourself! (((HUGS)))

Burfica said...

Phoenix--I had a bad experience as a kid with a counselor, so I'm very leary.

Jules--yeah last time I had a cough it lasted 3 months. Lets hope a week is it. lmao

Canadian flake said...

awwwwww so sorry your day got off to such a bad start...hope it has improved some and that you are feeling better. No worries kiddo will see better days...and so will you.

MomThatsNuts said...

ahhh honey I am so sorry!! Poor KIDDO...Im glad he has been talking about it. It would be worse if he was NOT talking. I hope you get feeling better!!

Mom

Burfica said...

Flake-- ty ty I'm looking forward to a better week

Mom--Yeah I try to encourage him to talk, and show his emotions.

cookie monster said...

damn! im sorry to hear that about the pet, and im also sorry to hear kiddo is feeling low

but as others have said its good he can talk to you bout it and its good he has such brilliant parents that can help him too

Libby said...

aw, burfica, this whole week sounds like it really sucks, not just for you, but the kiddo too! i'm so sorry!

Burfica said...

cookie--ty, that's one thing I always want him to be able to do is talk to us.

Libby--thanks, yeah this week is as good as last. hehehehe