CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Arizona SHOULD NOT be Humid


OMG what the hell??? Arizona isn't humid, we are renowned for "it's a dry heat" I like my dry heat. I don't do humidity to well.

It's been rather humid this summer for the past month or so. Up in it's 20's or 30's for Arizona that's major bad. We are dying if it goes into it's teens. Then there was yesterday. We got up in the 50's with the humidity yesterday. ahhhhhhhhh it was torture. It started thundering about 5 last night, and we though oh great just a thunder storm, no rain. They drive the humidity up. But by about 9 last night it opened up with rain, and rained until about 1 this morning. Then it got even more humid than it was yesterday.

You know it's miserable in that humidity with a swamp cooler, and Gigantor and I were up all night fidgeting, pissing each other off, cuz we were preventing the other one from sleeping. hahahahaha

Actual conversation between me and Gigantor two days ago. I called him on the cell phone.

G--Hey
(he always answers. HI HONEY)
ME--What do you mean hey??
G--just hey (real grumpy like)
me--what the hell is wrong with you??
G--Sorry I hurt
me--you hurt?? what do you mean you hurt??
G--my back is killing me
me--what did you do to it??
G--I don't know, I woke up and it was killing me and I went pee and it felt a bit better.
me--ummm honey that could be a kidney infection
G--I don't FUCKING get kidney infections!!!!
me--DON'T YELL AT ME fine just suffer then
G--It keeps getting real bad and then I'll go pee and it will ease up
me--so where is this pain??
G--it's not in my spine, it goes from side to side on my lower back
me--yup kidney infection
G--I TOLD YOU I DON'T GET THOSE!!!
me--okay dumb ass, suffer, but if it gets to bad, you might wanna buy a bottle of cranberry juice, or you can wait and I take you to the doctor in a day or two, when you can't stand anymore, you will miss work and they will put you on a bunch of antibiotics. But apparently I don't know what I'm talking about. SINCE YOU DON'T GET KIDNEY INFECTIONS!!!!

Then I hung up on him.

My man the E.M.T. That is so tough he decides he can never get hurt or sick. My man who I want to throttle because he won't take any medicine when he first gets sick or hurt and we end up in the doctors or hospitals. grrrrr

He came home later, with 4 yup count them 4 gallons of cranberry juice. hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

He drank almost a gallon that first night, I laughed my ass off the entire time.

Next day, almost no pain!!
Two days later, no pain at all.

But remember he doesn't get those, and apparently I don't know what I'm talking about.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!!

I'm off to go drip somewhere, seeing as it's still way humid.

13 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I grew up in Atlanta before there was air-conditioning for the home. We couldn’t have afforded one even if they were readily available. So on those oppressively hot and humid nights all we could do was raise the windows in the house and hope that my brother would fart so I could feel a breeze.

You were right in recommending cranberry juice for G’s kidney infection. That stuff works miracles. But I would not let it rest until he said something like, “You were right, hon, I did have a kidney infection and I will never question you again.” YEAH! RIGHT! HAHAHA

none said...

Swamp coolers are great. Our old house had one vent in the hallway and it was like an arctic blast.

I drink cranberry all the time I sure as hell don't want of those sissy tract infections ;)

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

LOL....You told him. Too funny.

Sucks about the humidity though.

Neoma said...

yep, no kidney problems there, huh, hahaha. Well that is the right thing for it, either cranberries or blueberries. I only have one kidney, I KNOW KIDNEY INFECTION. And believe me, if it had gotten worse instead of better, you would have ended up at the Dr.'s So a good think he finally listened to you. When people sweat and don't get enough water......well anyone can get a kidney infection.

So you got 30% humidity........haha....I think the humidity around here is like 89 or something. haha I went to the auto parts this morning to pick up my window, they had NO air on. It was 95 and 95% humidity, I was standing there and I was actually dripping onto the floor. Right off the endo of my nose.....and it looked like I had been jogging.

Biddie said...

I never even knew what a swamp cooler was until my sister in CO told me.
You don't like humidity?? That's what Ontario is all about. My poor sister nearly died when she was here. It was so bad that has vowed never to come back....Sigh...

Anonymous said...

We're sitting at 67% humidity right now but we're used to it. Amazing what a body gets used to. Like this heat. We are NOT used to heat where I am...it's +28 C (82 F) and we're all walking around like sweaty mind numbing zombies. Stupid freakin heat! And yeaa for cranberry juice. It's saved me from trips to the doctor in the past.

Burfica said...

coffey--oh I don't let him live it down, he won't admit it but I don't let it die either.

hammer--we had one of those swamp coolers at my mom's great if you lived in the hallway, but not in the end bedrooms.

just me--yeah az and humidity don't mix.

nea--I didn't know blueberries worked too. He works hard, sweats tons, drinks tons of water, but sometimes he loses his salt and electro lights, so he has problems with that.

biddie--yeah I went to virginia one spring when hubby was there and thought I was gonna die.

joy--I'm not used to the humidity, but I can live in 114 degree F weather that cooks your brain to a crisp. hahahahha

Libby said...

burfica-i just checked & our hunidity is 59%...i cant even imagine it being any lower!!
BTW...good call on the cranberry juice!! gigantor owes you BIGTIME for that!!

Burfica said...

libby--yeah ours is still high today. uggghhhh

Jules said...

Has the humidity affect your hair at all? Make it go frizzy or anything fun like that?

I was looking forward to seeing Gigantor in the same flourescent orange pee category as we sometimes are... why'd you have to tell him about the cranberry juice?!

Burfica said...

jules--my hair goes flat in humidity. Apparently his parents taught him shit, he didn't know that guys wore deodorant or even underwear when we got married, I've had to teach him almost every household common sense tip. I taught him how to cook too. Now he's pretty good. hehehehe

Alekx said...

I had a smart ass comment then I read the florescent pee comment and was thinking about the conversation between you G and Kiddo and about peed myself. Now I can't remember what I was gonna say.
So I guess I'll say fuck it I don't remember.
hahahaha

CrystalChick said...

Me and hub love love love each other but would kill kill kill each other if it got too hot in here. There hasn't been a day allllll summer that our central air hasn't been humming.
I was jamming on the cranberry yesterday too as I was feeling something like that coming on. My daughter gets them alot, but I never do. I see too many docs already to have to add urologist to the list. LOL