CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Doncha just love that dogs face???


Well doncha??? His face is priceless. I love that!!!

Well Gigantor surprised me. He took today and tomorrow off for my birthday. (which is tomorrow, friday. ahhhhhhhhhh)

I hate the idea of being "older" *sigh*

Today Gigantor got up early and walked with Kiddo and big J to the school (since it's close) and got his schedule, and walked around finding classes and locker and everything. Then they walked home. Gigantor went and bought us breakfast.

We ate, and then got up and got a couple packages put together (cuz the school said the teachers would be in this afternoon to get a supply list)

We then left the house, in August, in Arizona, in the afternoon ( I know we are nucking futs!!!!) We went to the school, no teachers, they said maybe tomorrow.

Went to UPS a package, only to find out that our UPS store closed down in June. Found a place in town that will ship the packages for you (but I have to do it tomorrow cuz I didn't have the addresses with me, cuz they were in the UPS computer)

Checked the mail, hooked up captain daddy's new cable, delivered an avon thing then went on down to walmart.

Now because of my health, and because of how crippled up I am, I haven't been to a store to shop in about 9 months. I can barely get around. Gigantor kept wanting me to go and go on the ridey carts, and I never would cuz I didn't think I could fit into one of those carts. (yup I am fat) duh.

But we decided to try everything we could today. I made it in with my cane and sat down for a few, then I pushed the cart over to the school supplies, and started shopping with the boys. Gigantor disappeared. Part way through the school supplies which are sorta toward the front of the store, I was looking for a bench cuz I wasn't gonna make it.

When out of the blue Gigantor rides up on a ridey cart. He made me try it, and you know what??? I fit. So...in on sense I don't like riding them around, being not so old, and people no matter what stare at any people in carts or any kind of handicapped people, and it pisses me off. But it was soooooooo dam nice to go around and be a part of the shopping. I told Gigantor that I needed to do a bit more of that so I wasn't such a hermit.

We came home, and played with stuff we bought, and then my friend T surprised us and brought over dinner. It was her birthday present for me. It was so yummie, she had put boneless pork steaks (real thick ones) in the crock pot with some seasoning and some bbq sauce. And she baked some potatoes, and had some raw, fresh, organic veggies. And AND!!! brought cup cakes over. hehehehe

It was soooooooo dam good!!!! Gigantor and I had been actually talking about how it had been MONTHS since we had a baked potato and they sounded really good, then she brought some over. hahahaha

Tomorrow Gigantor is walking up to school again with kiddo, maybe try to see some teachers. Then we are gonna run to safeway (we have been getting some food to have a family dinner on Saturday for my birthday) Then I have to go out to the DMV and get my picture on my license new. They said I was to old and needed a new picture. The bastards. hehehehe

Then we have to take the dogs to the vet in the afternoon (nails and rabies shot) And go get new tags for one.

We are also going to go to the late movie, Hellboy 2. We have been wanting to see it real bad. I hate spending full price, but the only discount night is during school, and they are only showing it as a late movie. So I can't do that.

Okay well I have prattled on for way far to long.

If I don't get back on before Monday I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!!!!!

17 comments:

none said...

Love that pic! I laughed my ass off.

Sorry you are in so much pain. I used emu oil before when I couldn't move after a back injury and it worked wonders.

Happy birthday!!!

SIMON said...

08 08 08 Burf, have a great day!
Happy Birthday!!!!

Burfica said...

hammer--I will have to look around see if I can find any of that. (small useless town and all)

ebezp--ty ty ty my friend.

jAMiE said...

Glad you got out a bit...and have a happy, happy birthday you!!!

Jamie

Jules said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your health gets better, Estee... but it was nice that he found a way for you to go shopping!!!

Burfica said...

jamie--thank you thank you

jules--yeah it was nice, off and running again today too.

CrystalChick said...

Who cares if people stare. They are ignorant. I say use the carts if it gets you around, that's what they are there for!!!
Hope you find something to give you some relief soon though.

And being today is Friday.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Hope it's a great year. :)))))
Have a great weekend.
Hug, Mary

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BURF!!!!

Have a great day, and a wonderful time!!!

Burfica said...

olly--THANK YOU!!!!

Crystal--yayyyyyyyyy thank you tons, and yeah I'm gonna use it, it's better to be getting out.

just me--thank you so much!!!

Neoma said...

It is the middle of the night here, but i can't sleep, so here I am reading your blog at 4:45 am and now I will have to sleep till noon to catch up.

School started here also......first two days done. so far so good.....of course he already has some homework. Nick is in 8th grade, the last of my five kids. yeh. I am so sick of doing homework, haha

I sometimes ride in one of those little cart things.....I get dizzy at times, especially after I eat, not so much now that they know what is wrong with me, and I don't eat any wheat anymore, but for about three years I couldn't do anything for 30 min after I ate. I would feel so faint. Anyway, you are right people give you funny looks, just do what I do, run em down. haha. And politely say, excuse me....haha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sorry to hear about the health problems, I saw 'hammers' comment and did a double take because we have used Emu oil for forever. Small world.

Alekx said...

I hope you had a nice birthday kiddo. I wish I was there with ya.
Love you

Biddie said...

Oh, I'm late! Happy birthday, my friend.
I say, use the cart. You need to get out more and besides, I think that those carts might be fun! Who cares about stsring people. Make a face and give em a reason to stare!

Rhiannon said...

I hope you had a wonderful "Happy Birthday" Burfica..hope it was very special for you!

I love the dog pic. Years ago the neighbors (where I used to live) behind me had a dog just like that and I could see it through the wire fence always barking mean and tongue hanging out..everyone terrified of it! Then one day I just went up to it and put my hand out and it turned to "mush" and licked me and was just a BIG SWEETY..just looked mean but wasn't!..something for all to remember..

Rhi

Coffeypot said...

Well, damn! I'm late again. I'm always so late (I'm glad I am not a woman or I would be worried all the time - you know... the period thingy) but Happy Birthday a few days late. Sorry for your pain, though. Have as good a weekend as you can, what with your afflictions and all. :)

Special K said...

Happy belated birthday sweetie! I am so sorry I missed it! I will catch up with you soon!

Christine said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I did the school supply thing Saturday at Staples. They were giving away ten free folders as a draw but even then I spent 75 bucks! She had better use every last bit of this shit. The only thing "special" I agreed to was some erasers so everyone one else is getting nailed with that same 75 bucks. (Other than the smart ones who don't send their kids in with shit which is why they pool most of the supplies anyway) Do I sound bitter? Maybe just a tad.