CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Award Time


I got this awesome award from a couple awesome people. I was clicking my way through my blogrol, and I saw that Perposterous Ponderings gave me this award. Then as I kept clicking I found out that so did Special K.

I was so humbled and giddy, I giggled and piddled. What a very special thing, and to be loved by two such wonderful people, with two very wonderful blogs.

Arte Y Pico award: This award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creativity, and for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium.

The rules state:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Please include a link to the Arte Y Pico blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.

You have to name 5 little known facts about yourself for the meme part of this award.

Lets start with my nominations. I love you all and wanna give it to you all. I wouldn't read ya if I didn't love ya, but hell, I need to pick 5 so here goes.

1. One a Day Photoblog Jules and Si are amazing with the photo's they take. And they post one a day!!! They even have guest photographers. I've had two of my photo's up there. For an blog that doesn't have many visitors, I think it should have thousands. Love ya guys.

2. Mary says Crystal Chick is one of the most amazing blogs that happened to find me. I say find me, cuz she visited my blog first. I went to hers and I've been so happy I did. She is amazingly crafty, making jewelry and wonderful cards. She also makes really beautiful children, who make beautiful grandbabies. And herself and her husband are to die for (pant pant) No wonder the kid and grandkids are so good looking. Check her out if you haven't.

3. Biddie OH I can't say enough about Biddie. She is an amazing woman. The love she has for her family and friends is something to be envious of. Her trials with her baby in the hospital are so heartfelt. You can feel her pain. Yet she is so down to earth and can laugh at herself, and right along with all of us too.

4. Dorko Oh I love Dorko. She only updates her blog once a week or so. Sometimes she is gone longer than that, sometimes she updates a few times a week. But what an amazing woman. I just love her. And she's snarky too. hehehehe

5. Color me complicated Miss Anne is amazing, and I love her. It is hard to find people more smart ass and snarky than I am. She is definatly up there. I admire her strength and compassion to her friends, and those who matter in her family. She is a potty mouth but I adore her potty mouth.

okay there are my nominations. If you didn't see your name it's not cuz I don't love ya, and hell take the dang thing anyway, cuz I love ya all that darn much. hehehehe

Okay on to the 5 facts about me. hmmmm lets see.

1. I write with lizard and fish pens. Quite a few years ago we bought the Kiddo pens that looked like lizards or fish, and he never used them. Now I horde them. I write with them and I dam well love them. If you move my pen or try to write with it. I will cut you!!!!!

2. I play on my son's Webkins account. He got a webkins from his friend big J and I play on it all the dang time. I'm addicted. I want me more webkins but don't know where to get them from.

3. I slap my tummy like I'm playing drums. I do it often and make tunes to it. Everyone things it's weird. Oh well. *sigh*

4. I live in the southwest and desert area and I despise southwestern art or decor.
I would rather gouge my eyes out than have any of it. Although I do own two sandpaintings, but it's because who gave them to me, not because of the southwestern.

5. I like to have my hair pulled. Have the hubby run his fingers through it and pull it lightly. I have a "spot" on the nape of my neck on the right side right at the bottom of the hair line. He could pull those few hairs over and over for hours and I just purrrrr, I would do anything I mean ANYTHING for him to mess with my "spot" hahahahaha

Okay that's enough of a post for today. Hope you all like the award, and have a good Monday all!!!!!

14 comments:

none said...

I got tired of Southwestern Decor in 1990. I could never hold onto a pen long enough to get attached ot it. They have webkins at target for 9 bucks. My daughter is playing now.

SIMON said...

Wow Burf, you are amazing well done on your award and thank you so much for the nomination, WOW!!
Jules will be over in a bit to thank you too!!
We will publish our award by the end of the week and it will be the first time that it hasn't just been a one a day photo on that blog!!
Thanks again Burf!
YOU ROCK!!!!

Dorko said...

Aw...shucks!
Thanks for the nomination...
[beaming smile]
and the 5 thing reveal!
lol!
A hair pullin' "spot" you say???
I don't think I've got one of those...but I could deffinately cut you for playing with my pens...
Love you Burf.
oxoxoxo

Burfica said...

hammer--we don't have a dam target here. grrrrr

ebezp--well deserved my friend.

dorko--I know I tell the kid to stop it or I will cut him and he laughs at me. lol

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Congrats...You deserve it.

MomThatsNuts said...

WOW burf...I dont think you should talk so OPENLY about your SPOT...lol
Congrats on the award !!!!
Mom

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Lol Mom....I was thinking that, but didn't want to type it.

Jules said...

Oh how honored I feel!! Thank you Sweetums!! Seems we have a "spot" in common!! ;O)

Burfica said...

just me--ty ty

mom--NOT THAT SPOT!!!!

just me--my virgin eyes ahhhhhhhh

Jules--You guys deserve it, I love your blog.

captain corky said...

What about Southwestern food? Is it any good?

CrystalChick said...

Aw gurl, that's really sweet!! :)))))
But you KNOW I photoshop the hell out of everything. Really, I'm a tall leggy blonde with a gorgeous complexion and lovely tan and hub is uh, well, okay.... shhhh, Joe Perry in drag.
You won't tell, right?? If our cover is blown people will be coming by expecting beauty tips and autographs. We hide out as an average american family with a little house on the East coast to avoid all the trappings of fame and fortune. Stardom has it's price you know. My hubby is MOBBED when he goes on tour. And well, all the bitches want to rip my natural golden blonde tresses right out.
So in between gigs, we lay low and pretend.
Those other *family* pics. Borrowed the snobby children from the Royal family. Damn, they are so freaking needy too.
'Mimi dahling' they say, 'fetch me some lunch NOW.' And I'm like didn't Prince WhatsHisFace pack any snacks in that huge ass suitcase you brought with ya???

See, you have me all wrong.

But I graciously accept this FABULOUS award anyway!!!

And me, I'll just take a good head scratch and neck massage with gentle ear pulling. :) Or a foot massage. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL "I giggled and piddled" LOL Congrats on the award. Well deserved!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations on your award! Sorry the summer has had me so busy, but I'm still around.

Burfica said...

corky--depends on what it is. I don't like hot, but Gigantor loves it.

crystal--you all are still HOT!!!!

JOY--YEAH another one to join the piddle club.

Vanessa--yeah summer has been crazy busy for me too.