CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Turkey Day Eve

Wow I was finally able to get online after a day of hard labor. hehehehe

I was busy all day, and reflecting on how thankful I should be.
So....as I got woken up before 8 by the phone, I remembered to be thankful. As I put on my sock and it had a whole in the toe bigger than the one I put my foot through to put it on. I remembered to be thankful. As I almost broke my computer (don't ask) I was thankful. As I mixed and baked 5, count them 5 pumpkin pies. I was thankful. As I pulled out the cookie sheet with the first two pies on it, and went to move the pies from the cookie sheet to the trivets, and I burned the skin off my pinkie, cuz I can't fucking find the potholder. I WAS STILL THANKFUL Cuz there are people in the world that don't have pinkies to burn dammit!! (note to everyone. cookie sheet that's been in a 425 degree oven for a good long time, is HOT DAMMIT, DAM HOT!!!!)
As kiddo put medicine and an INCREDIBLES bandaid on my burn, and kissed it better, I was very very thankful. As I cut the tip of my finger nail off in the celery I was chopping and spent 15 minutes looking for it, so it wouldn't be in the stuffing. I was still thankful. When I read the back of the box wrong and cut up flippin 4 cups of celery and 4 cups of onions (crying the whole time) when it was only supposed to be 2 cups of each, I was still fricken thankful!!! When I finished the 5 pumpkin pies, and tried my hand at a pecan pie (that was a special request) And I pray I don't poison anyone with the attempt. I was still thankful. When I pulled out the head of cauliflower to cut up for the relish tray and realized it was moldy, I was thankful, that I had other stuff to use instead. When I cleaned out the fridge to fit everything in, and stuck my hand in a bag of OMG WHAT WAS THAT, BRAINS OR WHAT??? I was thankful, (for soap and hot water that is)

Then Gigantor came home and we had to run up to my appointment to get my foot taped, and to safeway (the war zone on holiday eve's) cuz I forgot cherry tomatoes. As Kiddo and I are sitting in the suburban waiting for Gigantor to come out of Safeway (it took 35 minutes for him to get two packs of tomatoes and wait in the fricken line from hell) Kiddo finally decides, after a half hour of me pushing him, to blow his nose (he hates to blow his nose, he says it's gross, but he would rather snuffle that shit back in his throat and swallow!!! ahhhhhhhh) Any how he blows his nose, and announces "OMG that feels so much better" Me, being the nice smart ass of a mom that I am, go "amazing huh??? you can hear the choir of angels singing in revelation" Then kiddo talks about, how he can now breath, and his headache has gone away. (DUH) He then proceeds in his best announcer on a commercial voice.
"Blowing your nose, the new cure for headaches, and stuffiness, and sinus pain!! Side effects may include......(long pause here for dramatic effect) getting boogers all over yourself, getting boogers in your mouth, and making your friends vomit from seeing your snotty kleenex."

Holy shit, I was laughing so hard, I think I popped a vein in my head or something. He sounded just like those guys on the drug commercials. Announcing it's abilities, then going really fast telling you it's side effects. Do you all think this is a sign of to much television??? Oh well... fuck it, it was worth it. hehehehe

On a side note. I do want to say. The highlight of my last two days, was that my very bestest friend came into town to see her dad for his birthday and I got to spend a little over a day with her. I haven't seen her since we stayed at her house when mom was in the hospital. Now that, and my Gigantor and my Kiddo is something I am soooooooo very thankful for. Roo, I love you more than you'll ever know. You are more than a friend, sexy girlfriend, you are MY ANGEL AND MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful for all my blogger friends, and all my real life friends, and of course all my family. I am so very thankful for my father in heaven giving me this opportunity to be such a smart ass, and enjoy another year of being thankful.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! MAY YOU ALL KNOW HOW VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND LOVED YOU ARE TOMORROW!!!!!

8 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Burf! It's good to know you're such a thankful person... all that being thankful must have nearly KILLED you! LMAO!

Oh, by the way, your son is way weird!

Scott & Julia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! We already had our Thanksgiving last month, so have a little turkey & pumpkin pie for me too, will you? :)

Azathoth100 said...

Happy Dead Trukey Day Bur! Just remember, if you lose the turkey just check in the vortex bra.
Keep being thankful little one, just like I'm thankful I got to meet you on this here computer type thingy.

Jim said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
save a piece of dat turkey for me

Alekx said...

hrump
thanks for being thankful for me

pfffftttt

No Christmas pressies for you.

~SugarBear~ said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Loved the part about Kiddo & blowing his nose! That was awesome!

Kerry M. Conway said...

*hugs and love* i cant wait for christmas now...lol

MomThatsNuts said...

right back at ya burfi-poo...you dont have to be thankful about the burn, those suckers hurt...

Mom