CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thanks all

Thank you everyone for your advice. Here is the thing. I agree with a couple of you about having a tough skin, and rolling with the punches. Goodness knows that Kiddo has gone through some terrible bullying past couple years at school, and we have helped him work through how to deal with that. This is where I was falling into a problem. Since he has been bullied we always have told him how his family and friends are his soft place to fall. They are the people that accept you and don't say or do mean things to you. And K is supposedly one of his best friends, and kept doing it, even though Kiddo would ask him not to. I don't care how tough you think a kid needs to be, they should never ever have to undergo abuse and definitely not from the people that are supposed to care most about them. So...here is what happened. The more I thought about it, the more I came to a decision. I went ahead and called his mom. Just thinking it might be something that these dam 9 year olds go through. Still small children, but struggling to grow up, but not to fast. Confusing age. She said she would talk to him. After school, kiddo told me that he pulled K to one side. Told him that he didn't want called that anymore, not by his friend. And K goes, well I'm sorry I was only kidding. And Kiddo says, well sometimes kidding can even hurt a person. Kiddo says, if you wanna call me something, why don't you pick a better nick name like Tank or Bulldog or something (my ideas that morning, cuz Kiddo is build like a brick like his dad) So....K goes, Okay I'll call you bulldog, and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, that's not what friends do. I was very very proud of those two for that. They were more mature than most grown ups.

I so very much appreciate the advice everyone gave me. But I do have one thing to say. I think children should learn there are cruel people out there (unfortunately) and they should blow alot of what is said off. But I will NEVER EVER EVER condone any kind of verbal or physical abuse or anything verbal or emotional that hurts a person from family or friends!!!! Those are the people that are supposed to love and support you no matter if you have three eyes, or are fat or skinny or pimply. A child should NEVER have to learn to "roll with the punches" from a loved one. And I will ALWAYS step in in that instance, even if it was my husband or my sister, or parents, and definitely it being a child. I would stick up for anyone one of them.

So...him knowing taekwondo, and the rep of beating up a kid 2 grades ahead of him. My son doesn't get bullied much anymore. (the bruiser) And now he has handled a bad situation with a good friend and it had a great outcome. Also the friends mom was informed so she could just tell her son, that, that was inappropriate behavior to do to a friend.

All is good. And I prattled on, so no funny story today, maybe tomorrow. hehehehe

Happy Thursday everyone. Captian Daddy will be here by noon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

5 comments:

Alekx said...

sniff sniff
would you MAKE HIM STOP GROWING UP
DAMNIT

Mia said...

awww...:(( why do they all have to grow up?

Anonymous said...

So cool that they worked it out like that.

Julie said...

Glad that worked out so well!!
I hope you all have a great Christmas!!

Phoenix5 said...

I know I'm just a TAD late on this comment, but that damn blogger wouldn't let me in for the past 3 days!!!

Glad to hear Kiddo worked it out! That was an excellent solution! WTG, Bulldog! (Hopefully THAT one won't last long! LOL)

Although I agree with your position in principle, Burf, life is rarely like that! Often it's those closest to us that cause the most damage! Usually because we've let them in past the main defences! It's good that Kiddo learned this when he is young and resilient. It's a very hard lesson to learn as an adult!