CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 02, 2005

Christmas Party

Thank God that is over. All the political bullshit of the city fire dept crammed into one room, with the pretense of being a Christmas party. I could go on books and books about all the crap, but nah, I'm gonna leave it alone. Lets just say all those people well get theirs in the end.

I have my Avon Christmas party next Friday. It's a potluck also, and I have no idea what to make. Any suggestions??? I'm thinking a side dish and a dessert, but I'm rather clueless right now. The baked beans at the pot luck last night went over way way well. I made one of those HUGE oval crock pots full. 4 large cans of beans, 1lb of bacon and a huge onion. and we came home with less than half of them. I might make up a batch of fudge for the Avon party, but can't for the life of me think of what I want for the side dish. I wanted something warm, but I have no clue. Brain farts galore here.

Tomorrow is the Christmas parade. That should be fun. Then they have something called "Santa's Last Call" It's the last craft show of the season. I think other than that, we are gonna be cleaning the yard, and putting up some Christmas lights. I got all my out of town Christmas cards sent out. If you didn't send me your address, please e-mail me and do that. hehehehehe it's me burfica over at that yahoo place with a dot com involved. Now I just have to worry about making the in town one's out, and delivering them. hehehehe

Gigantor every morning when he gets up at 4 (gads) he lets the three dogs out. And he makes them stay out till he leaves at about 5:30 or so. They usually come back in and snuggle down and sleep till I leave and put them out. (they have to stay outside while we are gone) Well....I heard Gigantor let them back in, then the old Bassett (Buck) starts pacing like he has to potty, so I get up and find out he has pissed all over the floor. These fucking dogs are pissing me off that they aren't going potty outside. They can be out for four fricken hours, and walk inside and go on the floor. I'm gonna start super gluing all their plumbing shut. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anywhooo I didn't think I could get any more boring than the other day, and I was wrong. heheheh I've outdone myself.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

3 comments:

Alekx said...

Yawwwwwwwwwwn
what were you saying?

Mia said...

some xmas parties really suck.

Here's a hit for a pot luck.
Jalepeno rollups.

Take a 8 oz block of cream cheese, mix it with a frozen block of chopped spinach (drained) and a few jalepenos chopped up. Spread them in tortillas. I usually pick red and green ones for xmas. Put a long stick of red pepper on the end, roll it up. Slice it, and you get the lil red pepper in the middle. it looks good and tastes better.

Dorko said...

I love pot lucks. . .
If I was going I'd make the pepermint pie recipe that just seems to fit Christmas pot-lucks...(I got it once upon a time ago, from a pot-luck in Page, AZ no kidding!)
and...
For a warm side, I'd be thinking about something even easier like butternut squash, or some of those little smokies in a crock with cookies BBQ sauce...
Maybe a soup though?
I got a killer pumpkin soup recipe.
Let me know if you want me to e-mail any of those recipes to you?