CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

Recovery Week

Gosh I was just as busy on Friday as I was on Thursday. I alternated doing things (prep work) for the bbq and dinking on the computer. I would get up and work on dishes and cutting things up, then go dink, then get up and peel eggs, then go dink. About 2:30 the mother in law came over and decided to vacuum the floor and furniture real well. She asked what else she could do. I told her I was gonna clean the sink and toilet in the front bathroom, and wipe down the sink and stove in the kitchen. I went and got Kiddo, then came home and my avon was in.

I had to do a pretty big Avon order. 600 bucks worth, about 10 customers, pull, inspect, sort, write up, bag, and phone calls. While the mother in law still worked. She was in my bathroom for almost three hours. I have no idea. I think she scrubbed every last inch which was nice. Then she came out, and was cleaning the sink and stove, and started tearing things apart by the microwave, which was fine, because I have been wanting to do that.

Gigantor got home, and was going to work on dinner while I was finishing avon. He then started helping his mother by the microwave, which led to pulling out the refrigerator and cleaning behind it. Which led to me yelling at everyone, because, dinner didn't get cooked till 9:30. My kid was dead tired. Then mother in law went home and the kitchen was a disaster, because all the stuff from around and on the microwave was everywhere. I stayed up till 2 in the morning, wrapping Kiddo's gifts, finishing my cutting up of stuff, and making Gigantor put my kitchen back together.

Saturday, wasn't bad at all. I had so much of the prep done, all I had to do was put some stuff in the crock pot, and turn it on, cut up a bit of fruit, finish pulling the potato salad together, and set out condiments and paper plates.

The bbq went really well, we had about 20 people. We didn't way over cook, but we definatly didn't under cook either.

We had a good mothers day also. Took stuff to the mother in laws. Then sat at home and watched some movies. Nacho Libre (not a very good movie) Happily Never After (it was so exciting I fell asleep twice) Then we watched Night at the Museum (which Kiddo got for his birthday) So....all was nice. Hope you all had a great weekend.

13 comments:

Canadian flake said...

well glad to hear you had a good Mommy's day honey...you deserve it. And glad to hear you survived the BBQ too. Your mom-in-law going nuts cleaning is soooooo something my Mom used to do all the time, until I finally started yelling at her about it. I mean I always appreciated the effort, but when these things would happen, it would be after one of my surgeries or at a time when I hurt myself...so I would be laying there in pain while she worked, then would feel guilty so I would get up and do something (often against doctor's orders)..then would cause more pain or injury because she couldn't just leave the mess alone...I sure do love her but sometimes I have wanted to strangle her too....lmao.

Burfica said...

Flake---I could care less when she cleans, I just wish she wouldn't get side tracked and leave more a mess for me to clean up. lol

Canadian flake said...

lmao well next time stand with a ruler and tell her if she gets sidetracked and doesn't finish you will have to smack her around..lmao.

Burfica said...

flake----OoooooOoO *insert big evil smile here*

Laurie said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. I wish I had a mother in law who would clean. That is like a super mega bonus.

Burfica said...

laurie---you can have mine, it's not a super mega bonus. sometimes it's a have to clean your ass off even more bonus. hehehehe

none said...

Sounds like a good one.

Howver,Nacho libre was not funny.

Alekx said...

Send evil mother in law to my house. I need her. But then she might never leave. Cuz she feels like family with me too
soooooo nevermind

Burfica said...

Hammer,---no it wasn't, it was bad.


Alekx---I'll send her whenever I've had enough of her. hehehehehe

Phoenix5 said...

Glad you had a good weekend Burf! It's funny how when other people come to "clean" they often leave a bigger mess behind... it happens everytime my wife decides it's "time to clean the office"... I end up with a bigger mess than I started with :-| LOL!

Have a great week, Burfica, and try to get SOME relaxing done, ok?

Burfica said...

PHoenix---I hope so, but I don't think there will be any relaxing till the end of school, and then I'm just kidding myself. lol

Sugar said...

Phew, I'm exhuasted just reading your goings on..as for Mother in law, did she clean the bathroom with a toothbrush?!!
I hate cleaning..lol
Not seen Night at the Museum yet, gonna with the kids this week, Nacho Libre was highly overated as is Jack Black himself!
Glad you got all your 'stuff' done ...eventually :)
Hey and Thanks for the friendly advice, I showed him my post and he cried, didn't realise he made me feel that way..it took him 3 hours to make it up to me ;) he he

Burfica said...

Sugar---I'm so glad it worked. Maybe things can mend now.