CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 18, 2005

Broken Gigantor

What does it take to break a giant?? Well obviously it takes two huge forklifts (rated for 50,000lbs each) a few 500lb steel beams, and one massive dumb ass co worker. Okay so I'm sitting dinking around on the computer yesterday and get a call.
11:00a.m. ring ring
me- hello?
Gigantor--Hi honey
me--your calling ealry.
G--Don't freak out
me--Oh God what happened (he always says don't freak out before he breaks news to me)
G--I need to go up to the e.r.
me-- for who??? (he's an onsight e.m.t. also folks so he takes lots of people up to the e.r.)
G--for me
me--What Happened?!
G--I need x-rays
me--why??
G--A beam fell on my hand
me--want me come get you??
G--no it's not bad, I'm fine.
me--okay let me know
G--yeah don't come up, I'll be in the waiting room a few hours I'm sure, and it's fine.
me and G--love you
So I waited 2:00p.m. ring ring
Me--Hello??
G--Hi babe
Me--Well??
G--It's broke
me--what is?? the hand??
G--no just a finger
Me--want me come get you
G--no I'm going to drop my paperwork off at work and I'll be home
me--okay love you
G--love you
He gets home in a splint he has to wear for 4 weeks. And I ask him for the full story. Here it is. Him and said dumb ass coworker were transferring some heavy beams around on their forklifts. Coworker, was going to put his beams onto Gigantors forks on his forklift (I guess they do this all the time) So he has to move his forklift infront of the hubbies, lift the forks up higher than Gigantors and start tipping them to tip the stuff off. Well....Gigantor saw that one of the beams wasn't on right and was gonna miss his forks and go crashing down. So...gigantor tells coworker to stop. He does, he tells coworker to not move so he can fix the beam. Coworker leans back and relaxes. Gigantor climbs up on his forks and is wrestling around with this 500lb steel beam to get it positioned right. Out of the blue. Coworker decides to back up. ALL the steel beams come crashing down onto Gigantors forks. Thank God it was only his hand that got stuck under them. He said when it hit his hand, it was like his finger exploded. Big burst of blood. It just split that sucker right open and shaved a few chunks of skin off. So much so that he can't even get stitches, cuz there isn't enough skin to pull together. And from his first knuckle all the way to the tip of the finger is broken. They even had to drill into his fingernail for drainage, and he split the cuticle all the way back to the first knuckle. It was his left hand ring finger, and praise god he wasn't wearing his wedding ring.

I had to help him shower, and dry off, and get some clothes on this morning. Poor guy. I took the old bandage off, so he could shower and had to put a new bandage and re splint it last night. And the poor guy almost passed out. And he has a HUGE tolerance for pain. So that was hard to see it hurt him that much. But...the kook got up and went to work this morning. uuuggggggghhhhhh men. LOL

When we asked the slapfuck of a coworker why he backed up. He says, "Oh I forgot you didn't want me to move" Scary people that my snookums works in a dangerous steel yard around all sorts of machinery that can kill you, and he works with such brilliant people as that guy. And...to make matters worse, that is actually one of the smarter guys he works with.

On another note. My daddy will be in today for 10 days. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so if I don't post or comment as much please know it's just cuz I am enjoying the pops. hehehehee

OoOOOO and blogger wasn't letting me comment at all yesterday. So just know I still wuv ya all.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

9 comments:

BM, The Necessary Movement said...

Ouuuuuwch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man and I thought AZA glass eye thing was painful!! Your poor Hubby!! I hope for speedy recovery!! I guess on the bright side you guys have some time together!! Workers comp. right!?!?!?! Have a great weekend!!

Alekx said...

I'm still saying Gigantor had his hands where they didn't belong, pulling out turd bombs to throw at said dumb ass co worker. This is why stupid people should not breed.

Tim said...

YAAAOUCH!

kitten said...

Poor Gigantor...even giants are human..eh??

Please wish him well for me , and don't forget that with men..oral sex makes everything better...he he he

Have fun with your Dad!mail me if you cant post!

DLAK said...

Follow the yellow stained road to the Wheel of DLAK and all your troubles will be cured.

Dorko said...

Alekx is right.
Stupid people should not breed.(I've done...er? ...not done(?)my part there!)Enjoy visiting with your Dad! Hugs to you & Gigantor.

Baron von Stencil said...

He should have taken time off work and kicked back

Azathoth100 said...

Hope Gigantor heals quickly. Sorry to hear about the hand. Send him my best. Hope you enjoy the time with your Dad.

~SugarBear~ said...

OUCHIE!!!!!! I hope his hand heals fast. As for the moron - does this idiot have serious short-term memory problems, "I forgot"???? As my kids would say "DUH!"