CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Saturday with Dad

We had a rainy Saturday today. We stayed up late with dad visiting. Then had to get up early, cuz the exterminator showed up at 8.

So....any whooooo it's midnight o'thirty and I decided to just write a little note. I read you all last night, but blogger isn't letting me comment on everyone's blogs.

We went to Safeway last night to get groceries for us and while dad is here. Then we went to Walmart and Bashas today. Not only more groceries, but renting some movies, buying the Incredibles, getting Easter stuff, and getting ammunition to go out shooting tomorrow. We were gone most the day. Came home to just start cutting and chopping for stuff for dinner and a couple other dinners through the week.

I'll have to post the quick easy recipe's for you all. Last night we had my variation of shepherds pie, and cottage cheese and pineapple. Tonight we had Alekx's healthy version of cheese enchiladas. And a close friend (three olives) gave me a recipe for black beans and rice to have with it. But then a friend was going to show up, and we didn't have any meat to go with dinner, so we grabbed some beef and salmon kabobs. OMG dinner was good. Anyhow. Know I'm checking in with your blogs while I can. And I will comment when I can. I just don't get on till real late, cuz I'm hangin with the pops.

Cheese enchiladas
White corn tortillas
1 can green enchiladas sauce
grated cheese
Quesadilla cheese (it's in this round kind of package, just slice it if you can't get slices)
Pam

To soften your tortillas spray with pam (instead of frying in oil) roll up the quesadilla cheese in them and layer in a pan. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce over top, and sprinkle grated cheese on. Put in oven till hot, and cheese is melty.
We like to serve them with fat free sour cream and green onions to top.

Black beans and Rice

Rice (we used brown rice)
can of black beans drained
minced onions
garlic

Add onions and garlic to rice and cook as instructed. When done cooking, fluff with fork, and stir in black beans to make them warm. It's mmmm mmmm good.

Have a good weekend all. We are gonna go shoot the crap out of some cans, and targets tomorrow. heheheheh

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a yummy dinner! Thanks for the recipes! I can't wait to see the incrediables, it's on my 'list', I heard it's awesome. Sorry about G's hand, bless his heart. Hubby has started to read some blogs w/ me - he wondered if your hubby's name was true for everything, tee hee - men- always comparing you know! :)
Hope you have a great visit w/ your dad! I love the nails! How long did that take?

kitten said...

You know you might be a Redneck when........

You go to Walmart to buy ammunition so you can shoot the shit outta some cans.

he he he he

C'mon...couldnt pass that one up!
I bought the Incredibles this week, we hadnt seen it...its a great movie for everyone. I took them to see Robots yesterday...NOT impressed...you know when all the kids in the theater cant sit still something is wrong...just didnt hold their attention. Im going to try your recipe...I did KBs enchiladas Wednesday..they came out GREAT!

Azathoth100 said...

Cheese enchiladas rule! But I agree with G, the spicier the better. Glad you had fun with Dad. Now go get them bad cans!