CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday and the Shitty Rain

We woke up today to the worst possible rain storm.So we didn't get to go shooting today. We are going to have to wait till tomorrow maybe if the weather is better. So...we just stayed in and watched movies. Daddy went outside once and comes in and goes "it feels like snow weather" and believe it or not it started sleeting right after that. OOoOO get this everyone. My daddy was a drill instructor in the marine corp around the time of Vietnam. And ever since he's been in the marine corp and been a highway patrolman he hasn't slept much more than three hours a night. Give or take an hour or so. And on Friday we all didn't go to sleep until around midnight o'thirty and he was awake by 7 in the morning. Well we all got in bed after 1 in the morning last night. And Gigantor got up around 8. Kiddo was already up (of course he is in bed by 10 at the latest on weekends) and I woke up at 9:30 and asked Gigantor if daddy was up. He goes no not yet. I'm like OMG go check on him. (cuz lets face it folks, daddy is wonderful, but he's no spring chicken anymore, and he does have some health issues, and after all this crap with mom I'm a little paranoid) And Gigantor went and just stared in his doorway for a while. You can't startle daddy or touch him to wake him up (like shake his shoulder) cuz ever since he was in Vietnam, he will kill you if he gets startled awake. hehehehe Just something we always grew up with and know about so no biggie. Well....Gigantor comes back and goes, he's breathing good and rolled over. I was like wow. I don't EVER remember daddy sleeping that late. Well he got up a little after 10 people OMG for this man sleeping in is 6 or 7. hehehe So I come out and ask. "did you sleep good daddy?" He says oh my goodness yeah. He says he could just feel himself relaxing as he drove up here. I'm so glad that daddy feels being with us is relaxing and he can sleep and enjoy his vacation. Makes me one happy daughter. Bet you all can't tell exactly how much I love my daddy can you??? hehehehe

Okay, I'm still having a hard time commenting, but I'm trying to keep up with the reading. And Julie, you can't believe how happy I am your safe and back. And to Julies hubby. Yes Gigantor is that big EVERYWHERE (one lucky girl I am) hehehehe OMG did I just honestly tell you all that. Well....one thing on him is small and that's his butt. He's got a cowboys butt. You know, the no ass kind of butt. :)

OOOO and about those enchiladas you can make them spicy with the cheese or the enchilada sauce. But spicy just tears me up, so I make them mild and have plenty of stuff on hand for people to add.

Now for what we had for dinner today.

Corned beef and cabbage.

Corned beef
red potatoes
baby carrots
onions
half a head of cabbage

wash and cut up about 6 potatoes put in crock pot. empty bag of baby carrots. put in corned beef and seasoning, and some water. Put crock pot on high. About an hour before cooking is done put in onion. About 15 minutes before cooking is done put in cabbage. All done. hehehhee

then we had Cornbread
Just Honey Cornbread from the box people. hehehehe

OooO and I made a cake. Daddy asked for one, so I made one. hehehhe

Okay off till monday. Good night all.

3 comments:

BM, The Necessary Movement said...

Ohhhh I am so hungry now!!! I am happy it's lunch time here!!!

Alekx said...

LOL Mel
bullets and food what better way to spend a weekend.
I'm with you...
loud explosions then full tummies

Astrid said...

You sound like a good cook, if only I could smell and taste whether you are a good cook as well! Hehe ... I think Blogger just needs to make a few adjustments to their system .. hehe ... Miles of smiles, Astrid.