CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

If I Only Had a Brain......

.....if I only had a brain, maybe I could figure out how to do everything I'm trying to do. Maybe I could come up with a better insult to dumb ass drivers than "nice move assclown, or fuckwit, or slapfuck" I swear there must have been a memo sent to most drivers today about how they should find me and try and run me off the road. The whole family woke up feeling like we were going to catch a cold again. So...cold pills have been distributed like candy here today. I was doing so much paperwork, I lost my place twice. hehehehe And in all the bustle I forgot to do some avon orders and I forgot to call the bank and transfer funds. Hope I can remember tomorrow before anything bounces. I also forgot to call and schedule a haircut. I'm looking like a mangy mutt, and I can't do a thing with my hair. I guess I could paint my face white and wear it all hanging in my face and go totally goth. But I might scare small children that way.

Well the toxic cloud has finally cleared our house, and the men in the biohazard suits have packed up and left. Life is back to pretty much normal gassy outputs. It was bad, you even seen bubble trails from the goldfishies butts. hehehehe

Okay I really have nothing much more to say, so I'm rambling here. I do want to leave you with a recipe. I saw something on the food network in the 30 minute meals, and we couldn't find some of the stuff. So we tweeked it. OMG it was so fricken good.

Mozzarella Chicken with tomatoes

Ingredients.
3-4 cloves of garlic minced
1 sweet onion cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 lb SMOKED bacon cut into 1 inch chunks
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
6 to 8 chicken cutlets. (you can use chicken breast and cut them in half to make them thinner ie--cutlets)
Mozzarella cheese grated or sliced

Cook bacon till it's not quite done, drain and add to a sauce pan with onions, garlic and a touch of butter. Start cooking them over medium to med high heat. While they are cooking, sprinkle chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill (or you can cook them on the stove top, but grilling is such a nice touch) till done. When onion mixture is done, add can of tomatoes (do not drain) Simmer for about 10 minutes. In pyrex baking dish put small layer of sauce down, and then layer chicken cutlets in pan. Put the rest of the sauce on top of chicken. Sprinkle cheese all over the top (as thick as you like) then put pan under the broiler for about 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.

It could have only been better if we had some crusty bread like french bread to go with it. We also had steamed broccoli and cauliflower with it. You can tweek it like you like. add or subtract garlic or onions (it's very very garlicy with 4 cloves) and you could mess around with different cheeses.

Okay on to hump day tomorrow. Hope we all can comment tomorrow.

4 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

MMMM that sounds good! I am always looking for new recipes! Seems we only eat mexican food EVER, the other day I made, chicken with green peppers, onions, yellow peppers, soy sauce, a can of pineapple, orange juice and simmered it all up and put it over rice, the kids LOVED it and ask me when we are gonna have "fruity Chicken" again...Im taking it easy today, yesterday was just TOO MUCH trauma. Im not used to so much excitment. I may color my hair though starting to see too much gray!!! Have a GREAT day
Mom

Alekx said...

Ha either you tell the don't eat the tomatoes story or I will. I just think it's to friggin' good

Was the chicken juicy, you know if it's dry I can't eat it at all.
but the recipe sounds yummy

Burfica said...

No the chicken wasn't dry at all. It was a rather wet dish indead. And you know I'm not much for cheese. But smothered is best with this I think. hehehehehe

kitten said...

OMG i AM so confused!!!!
Do I EAT the tomatoes..or do I "Dont Eat the Tomatoes"? And if I eat the tomatoes..will you be mad/Because FIRST you said NOT too...but then you said To do it. And Im not even SURE I LIKE tomatoes!..

Hellllpppppp!