CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Guns and Good eats....

What could be better??? We went shooting yesterday. Gigantor and daddy took so many guns out there. OMG the back end of my suburban was so loaded down. We were out there from 10:30 in the morning till 4:30 in the afternoon. We had a fun time. But oh my goodness we were all so very tired. Then we went and rented some more movies. And came home to make dinner. We grilled some cheeseburgers, and grilled some asparagus, and made baked beans. (recipe's to follow) hehehehe

We watched a movie Without a Paddle....it was funny. Not a smart movie but funny and good.

Today I had to make some phone calls and work on making out checks to pay bills. uggghhhhh Gigantor had to go to work till about 2 this afternoon. So...daddy just sat at the table and visited with me while I did that. Then we went up to the post office and mailed stuff. Went to the store, to mom's go get a couple things, and delivered some Avon. Now we are having a dinner that I have worked my fingers to the bone trying to make.

We are ordering Chinese. hehehehe

Okay off to watch more movies and eat.

Cheeseburgers.
grill and add cheese. sheesh easy squeezy.

Grilled Asparagus. We like to put McCormick Teriyaki grilling sauce on them and grill them till they are tender.

Baked Beans
1 big can Bush's baked beans
1/2 lb smoked bacon cut into pieces
1/2 sweet onion diced
little bit of brown sugar

I browned the bacon and onions together, drained about 3/4 of the way through cooking. Add can of beans and brown sugar and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. OMG it is sooooo good, and the smokey bacon does wonders with it.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

4 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Your family and guns eh? Both you and Alex are out shooting things. Such vilence... ah who am I kidding. I so miss going to the range. I only hit about every 1 in 5 shots, but every one was either in the face or the groin. My friend I went with used to just shudder looking at my targt.

Glad you gotm sokme quality time with Dad.

If you like creepy movies try Identity with John Cussak. Great movie.

Grill and add cheese eh? So that's what I've been doing wrong. Damn.

MomThatsNuts said...

What kind of guns were you shooting? I have a whole house full of them with all these boys. We got the boy a Ruger? 45 or 46 I dont know...hehehe I almost ripped my thumb off, couldnt keep it down while firing and the sliding thingy kept hitting it. We have rifles, shotguns a 38 special and my personal favorite the .22 pistol. I think the boys like thier paintball guns the best though....Dont worry kids they are all locked up nice and tight and all the trollings ( even the girl) have been through hunter and gun safety classes. The Evil Troll wants a 44 mag? is that what its called? I would have to get the grips changed, I have small hands, and trust me thats the ONLY small thing about me.....So glad your dad got to visit...I love spending time with my daddo...oh yeah its gonna rain again for the next few days,,,,did I move and forget about it???

Anonymous said...

Up in our part of the woods, we have beans, bacon and eggs for breakfast! I love beans!! but Damm! They really make me fart!! Hello Beano!!

Anais

kitten said...

Hey woman!
Glad your having a good time visiting with Dad...help release a little of the stress you are under with the whole "Mom" situation.

I like your recipes..they are so easy..and easy is good.....!