CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hump Day....already???

Oh man it's hard to believe it's Wednesday already. It felt really weird, cuz Kiddo was off school past 4 days, and Gigantor was home yesterday.

He's never had veterans day off. EVER. We got up and took him up to the park, so he could line up with the VFW for the parade. He was color guard, so carried a gun on the right hand side of the american flag.

It was touching, cuz as the veterans came walking down the street, some lady started screaming thank you and thank you so much at them, then the whole crowd went wild, clapping and screaming thank you and god bless you. It was very touching. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking of it now.

Every veterans day parade here we have a float that is dedicated to the Navajo Code Talkers. Being that we live 1/2 mile from the reservation and this town is probably 50 to 60% navajo anyway. Every year they would have a float, with some code talkers on it.

It was kinda sad, this year it was a float, with pictures of the code talkers and mostly their daughters holding up the pictures. I'm really not sure if any are living anymore, but if they are, they sure are getting up there. God bless all of them too.

Some guy did up his truck and trailer with poster boards all over it. On each one was the branch of service and name of anyone one in this community that has and still is serving for our country. That was very very nice.

After the parade we got some lunch and watched a movie off the halmark channel, so we ended up crying. uggghhh. Then we went and delivered my avon and books and ran to the store.

Gigantor had a good time his first day of work on Monday. He thinks he is going to like it there alot. They told him if he is on time, works hard, does what he's supposed to (which is just how Gigantor is anyway) That they could see him making 30 dollars or more an hour within 5 or 6 years. OMG that would be so dam nice.

This morning, I was in the bathroom getting ready to get dressed, and kiddo was out here eating his cereal, when he comes in hollaring. I CUT MYSELF, OH MY GOD I CUT MYSELF.

I'm like what?? How can you cut yourself eating cereal?? He shows me his hand and his finger is bleeding pretty dam bad. We wash it out, and put pressure on it, and I couldn't find any dam fingertip band aids. Come to think of it, I could barely find any band aids, so Gigantor was in trouble (it's his job to keep stock of that, him being the E.M.T. and all) So...I end up putting medicine and a couple bandages on it, just to get it covered and hope they stay on.

I then go, how the hell could you cut yourself eating cereal??

Well my son has a habit of putting his hands between the cushions of the couch, and he said he did that and he found a knife. I'm like A KNIFE???

me--like a kitchen knife from dinner last night (thinking Gigantor dropped his)

kiddo--No it's a camoflage knife.

me--how the hell did a camo knife get in the couch?? Like a pocket knife?

kiddo--no it's a big camo knife.

I was trying to think if Gigantor went hiking or anything with his bowie knife on him and it could have fallen. I was fuming pissed. I got kiddo to bring me the knife.

I can't be mad at Gigantor. it's a very large, very sharp, marine corps pocket knife. Which means it's my dads. He sits in that spot and opens his packages that come in the mail. This makes about the 4th time he has forgotten his knife is open and loses it. He sets it on his lap while he's going through the packages. Every other time, he has stood up and it's fallen on the floor, and he realizes he has forgotten it.

I'm a little ticked it was in the couch and cut my son. I'm even more worried, that he keeps forgetting stuff like that. I don't even know how to approach him about all of this. Stubborn old fool. I'm gonna have to think a day or two on it, and try.

Wish me luck. hahahahaha

Hope you all have a great Wednesday.

Dam I was longwinded today. hahahahaha

8 comments:

Libby said...

oh, damn, burfica, that's something to think about! and, happy anniversary!

Burfica said...

libby--thanks, but we don't celebrate this one. This is just when we had the big wedding, we actually got married in April. hehehehe

MomThatsNuts said...

the couch cut your son....sorry I thought that was funny. I put MY hands in the couch cushions today and all I got was CHOCOLATE...hehehehe

Mom

Burfica said...

mom--I'm sure he would have rather had chocolate.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Ouch, that's not good. I can tell somebody's gonna getta hurt!

I hope he's ok though.

Biddie said...

I am glad to hear that the job seems to be working out.
I would be PISSED at the whole knife/couch thing. That is soo dangerous. I haev no idea how you can approach your Dad on it. My best advice is to gather your thoughts beforehand and try to stay calm.
Thank goodness Kiddo wasn't badly cut. What a nightmare.
I once cut my hand on a razor blade that was in my couch. Strange thing is, at the time, nobody in the house used them. I still have no idea where it came from.
We usually find pens, spoons and wrappers. Never money.

Real Live Lesbian said...

That's scary. Here's hoping a little talk with Dad will help him be more careful.

Yeah, money and chocolate are much better in the couch. But I never find anything!

CrystalChick said...

I usually go way past long winded, your blogs are always just long enough. You fit alot of stuff into a couple days!

I would probably keep the knife and have Dad just continue wondering where it went.