CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Back among the living

I think I'm back among the living. I went back and read my last post, and boy how negative and cranky I was. I was sorta in a daze. After I wrote that, I was reading other blogs. And literally almost fell out of my chair a few times, because I kept dozing off. I finally went and laid back down. I slept till 2:30 then had to go get the kiddo. We ran some errands last night, and sorta vegged out. We went to bed and read a book for a while. Then I got to sleep in because Gigantor and the kiddo went to Taekwondo today. I feel so very much better for sleeping in.

Gigantor says he has stomach yuck today, so he hasn't done anything I asked him to get done this weekend. I told him that it meant he had to do it all tomorrow. He says yeah yeah I know. Which means I will be on his case again next weekend to get it all done again. Story of my life. That dam man can put things off for months and months. Then when you yell at him, he yells back saying he never knew you wanted it done. Is it just him??? Or is it something in the "male" gene that makes them do that??

Alekx and Mom made it to their home last night. When I called in the evening, mom was already sleeping. I talked to her this morning, and she's losing her voice and is just soooo tired, and a little confused. I don't think she has hallucinations, or dementia permenatly. I think it's because she is so very tired, and her life has been dumped on it's head.

The Taekwondo teacher came over on Thursday night again to give me a 2nd exercise to work on strengthening my knees. So now I have two of them I have to do each night. It's baby steps in improvement, but the point is I do feel better and see some improvement with doing them. On one of the exercises I have to bend my knees (as I'm laying on my back) then lift my feet to Gigantor's chest before doing the exercises. Since my knee's are so bad, and both are out. The first week or so, Gigantor had to help lift my feet up to his chest. I couldn't even do it from my knee's. Now I can lift them both myself. I know that doesn't sound like much, but my knees have been so bad I can barely get out of a chair bymeslf and barely walk. So to lift them on my own, and start getting easier to walk, is huge for me. I'm excited to keep going, and get better and better. The taekwondo master says that in a week or two, we will stop doing those exercises and he's gonna give me three more. Whoooohooooo They hurt, but I love that I'm trying, and seeing at least some results.

Well....I guess I better go and figure out what to do for dinner. I have no fricken idea. Gigantor want's to make a nice valentines dinner tomorrow, (since it's on Monday) and he has no idea what to make either. Neither do I. I think we have chicken we can bbq, another ham (ate one all last week) a turkey breast, and some baby back ribs. I dunno what I wanna do, or what I want to have with it. Any ideas???

Okay everyone. I hope you have a very lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey, tired, finally rested lady. You have had a haul of it. I'm sorry your knees are so bad, I know once they are injured it takes so much to get them back to being right again, it's hard work I'm sure. Before you know it, you will be outrunning the kiddo...

I think you should try that corn pudding recipe for something new, that would go great w/ bbq. And I always love a green bean casserole. Then a choc/rasberry cheesecake!! Then invite me over!

Julie said...

p.s. it's not just your hubby, they all put off stuff, but when they want you to do something, they expect it done yesterday. It's some kind of ball thing I think.

Azathoth100 said...

In the words of Bill Cosby, "It takes a genius to act this dumb". Hope you get some rest sweetie. Tell Alekx and Mom we said hi.