CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday, a day of rest???

NOT!!! Not for us anyway. Never seems to work that way.

Poor Alekx and the house elf. It seems as if mom has had a little bit of a relapse. She isn't doing as good as she was when she got out of the nursing home. I hope that with some rest it will improve quite a bit. I really hope Alekx can get some rest too. I think all this crap with mom is probably going to put an amazing strain on her and my relationship. I hope our love and bond are strong enough to endure, and make it through. I read an AMAZING book called "the four agreements" It's helped with my outlook on alot of things. I gave it to Alekx. It's not a big book, so I hope she takes even 5 minutes a day to read on it. My uncle recommended it to both of us. And I pray that we can keep the strong bond we have.

Any how, I have followed Gigantor around harping on him to get the things I asked him to do done. So...he's managed to get about half of them done for his self preservation. We have also done up three packages to be mailed tomorrow, helped the kiddo make out all his valentines for tomorrow, gone to the store, delivered some avon, went and got mom's med refills, and went to her house to pick up some things. We also decided to do our valentines dinner tonight since everyone will be tired tomorrow. Gigantor is cooking a turkey breast and some stuffing. I made a fruit dish and a pie. I think we will try to relax and watch extreme makeover home edition and Desperate Housewives.

OOoOoh to a comment KB made. I'm not in Taekwondo. Gigantor and the kiddo are in it. Just the Master has come over and helped come up with some exercises to help with my knees. He's a pretty good guy. We like him alot. And Gigantor and him work at the same steel yard during the day. hehehehe

OooOO my husband is gonna get a beating. LOL He will answer the phone (we are in different rooms) and the person on the other line will ask if it's a bad time to talk to me. And he will go, oh not really we were just getting ready to have sex. Then he will hand me the phone (and I don't know that he has said this to them) and the people are always apologetic to a point of being annoying. I never, for the past so many months, have figured out why people keep apologizing like this. Until today. I got it out of someone. I ask Gigantor about it, and he laughs and goes, yeah I do that all the time. OMG ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

We had to run down to walmart and get the kiddo new tennis shoes last night. His literally self destructed almost on the spot. I knew the shoe strings were getting bad, and there was a couple small slits in the side. Well in like two days, all the things that hold the shoestrings broke and the sides completely split out. So....Gigantor and the kiddo went down and got him some. (plus he was outgrowing his others) Gigantor found a 25 dollar pair for 12 bucks. yayyyyyyyy and the kiddo seemed to jump in size from a 3 to a 5. Holy cow.

Okay I'm gonna go enjoy the evening with the hubby.

5 comments:

kitten said...

Sorry about the Mom situation, Burf. I hope Alekx knows what shes in for, I feel for the both of you and pray you keep the strength. I did the cupcake baking and Valentine writting today too...then I went out and got stuff for the kids...Garfeild stuffed animals with candy...aband card s and hersheys kisses for Ern. Have a great V. DAY ...

Julie said...

What a hectic day! No rest for the weary!! I can wear a boys size four and half to five, I can get better made shoes that are wider than womens ( I have really wide short feet), good deal on the shoes!! The meal sounded yummy.

things will settle down w/ your mom and alekx once everyone feels at home again and can get into a routine. we all need a routine to feel comfortable and safe. I'm sure that's part of why you mother may be out of sorts.
I have read that book, not all the way though before I had to return it and just checked it out again. It's really a great book 'don't take it personal'.. so hard to do, but so much truth and wisdom and insisght in it. I like how he explains in the beginning how we have been programmed w/ certain msgs - mostly negative -and don't think for ourselves outside of that 'box' we have been spoonfed our whole lives. I never could get mickey to read it, he thought it was new age crap, but I told him he could take what he wanted and leave the rest, that overall it had a lot of value in it, especially when midway through, as far as I got anyways.

Mia said...

*hugs* hang in there, You and Alex have a strong bond, you can get through this. I'm still praying for your mom.

BM, The Necessary Movement said...

HAPPPPPPPPY V_DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: )

Azathoth100 said...

Sorry about Mom, I had hoped the road was all uphill for her. Have faith in your relationship with Alekx, you both seem so close I'd be suprised if this could break you. Remember communication is important, and know that she loves you as much as you love her.