CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 23, 2005

Back to Monday

We sure got a lot done around the house this weekend. Just a couple more things to clean up. Gigantor also wants to work on sweeping of the 4000 lbs of sand that's blown up on the cement porch. I swear we scrape the sand with a snow shovel it's so bad, and then we sweep, then the next day there is at least an inch of fricken sand back on the porch.

I also packed up some stuff for going to Texas next Tuesday. I packed up all the playstation games, and some story books, the leap pad, some magazines, and some toys. Another box with a few toys and games in it. A box with my cd player, cd's and kiddo's radio (he has to have music to go to sleep with) Then all I will have to pack is bathroom stuff and clothes. I think it's going pretty good. Trying to decide exactly what we need for the entire summer.

OooOooO over the weekend, we finally got the kiddo working more with his bike. I know I know he's 9 years old and doesn't know how to ride a bike. Not for our lack of trying. We have been trying to teach him how to ride a bike since he was 2 or 3 years old. The kid gets scared then freaks out. Even a month or so ago, he kept getting scared and will start crying and screaming in the middle of the dam street. He did it once this weekend. I took him in the bedroom, and had a big talk to him about how all his friends have been riding since they were 5, and how he is being a quitter, and he was raised better than that. And how he needed to trust his daddy to not let him get hurt, and all the benefits of learning to ride his flippin bike. God I get so angry on how he flips out about some things. Well then he started complaining he needed a bigger bike, which he really does. This one is way small. But dammit both Gigantor and I told him we weren't gonna waste more money on a bike we have bought him two, and if he learns how to ride and will keep up with it, then we would get him a bigger bike. Well this past weekend I was watching his friend J (not big J that's a different friend) and J brought his bike down and was riding it around, and it's a bigger bike. Well...yesterday J's dad came down to pick him up, and was telling Gigantor that we needed to get kiddo a bigger bike, so we told him we wouldn't spend money on one until he learned cuz it would be a waste. A couple hours later, that dad called us back and said, "hey can you afford to buy a bike tube?" we said yes, he told us to come get J's old bike for kiddo. We went and got it, and it's a fricken nice nice bike. It's a 6 speed, got the hand brakes, was nice. Kiddo was all excited going "Oh I would hope it's blue" and we told him to just be thankful that he got a bigger one. Guess what??? It's blue. heheheee I told him since he wanted a bigger, blue bike, and got one that he better dam well make the effort and learn how to ride it. So....now he's more excited. Aunt Alekx even said we could take his bike to Texas with us. yayyyyyyyyyy

Well Gigantor had the smoker fired up again this weekend, and made some jerky. mmmmm mmmmm good. I think I'm gonna go get me piece and go read blogs, then work on packing some more stuff up. (I wanna have everything but my clothes packed before we go so I'm not stressing day before we leave)

Have a happy Monday everyone!!!!

6 comments:

BM, The Necessary Movement said...

I love jerky!!! Homemade jerky is the best!!!! mmmmmmmmm
yummmm yummm
salvating over here!!!

MomThatsNuts said...

hiya BURFI~~ Im so excited that your getting ready to go!! What a GREAT summer you will have!!!! Glad Kiddo is getting into the bike thing...thats a real big deal, then he will feel so much more grown up!!!

OK back to the grindstone, I picked up my nieces today. I dont do girls, so this should be fun....

Mom

Alekx said...

I'm thinking you better make jerky for snacks for the ride from AZ to Texas
I'm thinking keeping the driver of the vehicle that you are riding in happy is a very good thing to do.

HINT

Unknown said...

Put more wheels on the bike...I know..it needs a motor..that's the problem..it doesn't have a motor. I'm thinkin' HD here...lol.

AND...I am sad you're not letting me go to Texas with y'all...but..I will get over it. How bout if I tell ya about the "Huckleberry" thing..can I go then..huh..huh..huh...can I ..can I ..lol......oh well..nothing like a good try!

(just ask DP...she'll tell ya)

Op~

Mia said...

Gotta love packing for an entire summer huh? lol..not that I've done it before. Sounds like you guys are going to have alot of fun.

Dont worry about the kid, Kat took a long time to learn to ride a bike too. They all go at their own pace.

Dorko said...

I need a good road trip...
I need a good road trippin' buddy...
Heck, I need some jerky too...
I need to wish you and Alekx all the best for your 'summer' together ~ get the lead out do the fun things with the kiddo in tow. My Mom is fond of saying you never know when you are making a memory! And kiddo is at a prime memory-making age!
He'll get the hang of the bike thing then you can get out there as a family on those awesome mountain-biking trails all over AZ! Sedona has some nice ones... *sighs* "Memories".... Steady as she goes, Burfica! Remember, I luvs ya!