CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 20, 2005

Hotter than........

.....a gringo's ass after eatin mexican buffet. hehehehe Okay it is officially hot hot hot here. Arizona is having heat advisories, and record breaking heat all over the state for the next week or so. It's been 100 degree's here. That's hot for my little po dunk town. And in Arizona it's not just hot, it's the dry, cook your brain kind of hot. You know when you step outside and you can hear your brain sizzling like a fried egg. Where you can get third degree burns opening your car door. That kind of hot. I love Arizona, I really really do. I'm just not fond of the 100 degree weather for a couple months each year. I sit inside directly in front of the a/c vent. Children don't play outside till after the sun goes down. It's impossible to dress up and stay looking nice and cool if you have to step outside for longer than 28.3 seconds. I kid you not. Your makeup melts off, you have sweat all over, underarm wing, and your hair will be wet. Not to mention even if you wear perfume, you then begin to smell, and it only get's worse through the day. I think all us Arizonan's are used to each other. hehehehe

Here are a few reasons I'm not fond of the hot hot hottadie hot heat. First of all, I swell up in the heat. My feet, ankles, my fingers, hands and wrists, just my entire body. I look and feel like "Bloat" that blowfish in finding nemo.. POOF uht oh Second, I own shorts and capri pants, but will only wear them around the house. For two reasons. I have that lower extremity Lymphodema, my lower legs are huge with the swelling in them. So part of it is that I'm to self conscious to show my legs, but also I'm really afraid to get them sun burned, so I wear long pants even in the summer. Also I can't wear the cute little sandals or thongs, or go bare foot, because with my leg problems if I'm not securely strapped into a closed toe shoe, my feet and ankles swell to the point I can't walk. So...I wear socks and tennies all summer too. I do wear way baggy sleeveless henly t-shirts. Even though my bye bye arm shows. (you know that under side of your upper arm that when you raise your arm to wave at someone it waves also. "bye bye") I will put up with that showing, but not with what shows in my spaghetti strap tops. I wear spaghetti strap tank tops around the house, but since they are snug, I won't wear them out, cuz I look like the Michelin Man. hehehehee One other thing I hate about the hot summers in Arizona, is how much you sweat. You sweat out of every single pore of your body. Even between your fingers and toes, behind your ears, and in your belly button. And when you sweat in Arizona, after you go back in side and cool down and dry off, you then look like you have been dunked in McDonalds french fry frier. You look all greasy, your hair, face, skin. Looks like you rolled around in oil. It's gross I tell ya. hehehehe

Anyhow enough bitching. I almost dread going out to go pick up the kiddo. It's 2:30 when I go, right getting in the high point of the day in Arizona. I should be all sweaty and cranky when I get home. Gosh I don't know how hot it is in Texas where Alekx lives. I wonder if the humidity is gonna kill us. Scary thoughts.

Well I think I am gonna take the kiddo to the movie for tomorrow's matinee. It's Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. Hope he isn't bored out of his skull, hope it has some good action in it.

Happy Friday every one. Stay Cool, and stay hydrated!!!!!

11 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

so texas will feel like AC huh?

i think its funny you people live in the 4th rung of hell .. and then complain about the heat.. sheesh!

LOL

Unknown said...

Sounds like things are percolating in good old AZ.....be cool...

Op~

Unknown said...

It's not that hot yet in Arkansas, but it will be this summer. We also have the humidity and moquitos to deal with. It's miserable and the older I get the more I hate it. I'm thinking about moving to Ireland where I can wear a jacket in July. Let's all move there!

Alekx said...

You are going to be miserable no matter where you are.
hehehe
I'm quite helpful aren't I

**ducks**

See ya in a little over a week

MomThatsNuts said...

Sweetie your in the COOL part of Arizona,,,,try being in the valley, we had OVER 107 today..its not OFFICIALLY hot till its over 110, but DAMN..I prefer the heat to the cold, and I like summer cuz everyone is so tan..ok Im going out to the pool.....

Mom

Burfica said...

Olive---The devil left Arizona, said it was hotter than hell here.

Jen---can't wait to see the movie. I could do with some summer rain (warm, but not hot or cold)

Op--Down right fryin

Gama--I drink lots of water, but haven't been in humidity ever, it should be an experience.

Vanessa--I'm going with you to Ireland

Alekx--You better duck. You better have the a/c cranked up, if your cold you can wear a sweater. hehehehe

Mom--I was in the valley one year, in a car with no a/c and it was the year it was record breaking heat of 129. NO THANKYOU!!! Plus you are evil you have a pool. I know I have the lake, but I won't be here to enjoy it this summer, Curse Alekx for not getting a pool with her new house.

Anonymous said...

Better check your blood sugar levels, since lynphedema is usually found in diabetics.

Unknown said...

I know she's sweet..she got to be sweet! Stay cool Shug!

Op~

Kerry M. Conway said...

sings: "feeling hot, hot, hot!"
Dances (likes the sound of herself singing!)

Astrid said...

Wow! I can't imagine being in so much heat right now. I just put on a sweater, coz I am so cold. Do you happen to have a pool in your backyard or do you have to swim in your bath-tub?

Dorko said...

It was so hot in NE the last couple of days; the trees have been whistling for the dogs! :D

...And to think I used to go wash walking in that, course I was usually heading for some hidden oasis & my hike partner taught me how prudent it was to lay up in a nice shaddy spot of the canyon for siesta, from like noon to 3 or 4. I don't mind sweat, matter of fact, I've had some fairly proud, sweaty moments, a-hem ~ I just don't like it on my face or the nasty feeling on my skin if dries up and I can't "rinse off" for a while. That's what stinks! lol! ... I used to run down the Mesa and jump in that big pond whenever the upper lip got a little too salty!
Love you Burfica! (viva la swamp coolers!)