CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What a Cluster F*@#

Okay okay I got the call today and I go in on Tuesday to get my toe poked, prodded, sliced and diced. Happy now??? I'm sure it will feel lots better in about a week or so, but dammit all anyway.

So.... Kiddo's birthday is Sunday. And since it's mothers day, I wanted to throw his party on Saturday the 7th. I talked to a bunch of his friends mom's and they all said that would be great, but could I do it before noon. So I set it up for 10:30 till noon. I got goodie bags ready, ordered a cake, and did up 12 invitations. Kiddo delivers them, and about 6 of the kids right away said they couldn't make it. I was like WTF??? So kiddo comes out of school today, all depressed and almost crying. Everyone but 2 kids said they couldn't come. What the FUCK!!!!????? I talked the the fucking mom's already. So...I felt for my poor precious baby, and I was sorta ticked off. I then went to three of the mom's who were picking up their kids. And they informed me that all of them forgot there was a pine box derby in Phoenix for boy scouts that weekend. So they were all going. (my son is not in boy scouts here. It's run mainly by the mormon church, and we are not mormon. I could put him in the non mormon unit of it, but there is hardly anyone in that one) So I then go to those mom's and a few more and say "if it's next weekend, will your kids come" I was told yes. Lets hope so. So...I just rescheduled the cake, and did a print out on the computer telling everyone it was rescheduled. Now poor kiddo has to go pass all those out. And hope and pray that some of these little shit heads show up. I really feel for the kiddo being such a loner and only having one or two "good" friends. It starts turning into such a social standing game around this age. It's awful, it's ugly and I hate it. Okay that's a whole other rant, and I'm not gonna go into it now. I told the kiddo I would give him a couple of his small gifts, and have a family friend over for dinner, and bake a cake, then he can have his big party next weekend. He's so sweet. He goes. "okay, thank you mommy" although he still sounded rather upset and depressed. I really feel for him. If the other kids don't show up next weekend. I'm gonna go stink bomb some fucking houses. hehehehe

I'm gonna end it here, cuz I just keep pissing myself off more. hehehee

Oh and it was 82 flippin degree's here. It was in it's 60's yesterday now it's 82. Fuck a big assed, web footed, crooked beaked, floppy winged, yellow duck!! That's a big jump.

Happy Happy whatever everyone. hehehehe

9 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

oh man.. sorry bout the kiddos party.. but that buys me a little more time do to something more special !! woohoo !!

Anonymous said...

I have all about given up on birthday parties. We just go do something fun, the four of us, like last year we went to Medieval Times. For less than I would have spent entertaining a bunch of little turdmonkeys and their parents. And we had a blast! I highly recommend it.

Mia said...

Aww its amazing how the mama bear comes out of us when our kids are hurting. Kiddos at an age where its tough to understand...its better to have 2 or 3 good friends then a ton of fair weather friends.

82 degrees? and I was bouncing around all happy cuz yesterday was sunny and 58. lol...but Im not sad...today is suppose to go up to 72 whoohoo.

MomThatsNuts said...

Hmmm was 95 here in the valley~ the evil troll and I took troll~ing number 5 to Canyon Lake for some worm drowning. I dont fish. I dont like it at all, but we got pizza on the way home and somehow that made it better....
Kiddos party will be a blast! I never had my kids birthday parties ON their birthdays...lol

Mom

Azathoth100 said...

Yeah, kids birthdays suck at that age. I so hated all the seeming little kid politics crap. But at least he does have 2 good friends.

Also, WTF with that poor duck? Damn thing was born a freak, it's not his fault. He just wants to be loved.

Unknown said...

Will you adopt me? You're a great Mom...Kiddo is lucky to have you!

Op~

Dorko said...

Wish I could be there...
I'd be more than happy to do the cake for you. I make a good cake, girl... something about the bake & decorate process that's very reassureing/restful for me. [kitchen therapy!? Smiles!]
Um. One time - when I still lived in Page... I made a boy's B-day cake for him. A 9x13. I bought little "prizes". When the cake cooled and was still in the pan - I marked the cake off into a grid pattern and pressed a "prize" into each square. Then I "flipped" it on to the cake board to remove the pan & decorate. When it was time to serve it up every kid there was just jumping up & down happy because they all had a "hidden treasure" in their piece of B-day cake. :) It was a "hit". Always wanted to do that again... maybe make it a "theme" hide candy out in the yard... give them all treasure maps, *sighs* Enjoy that boy, Burfica!!!

Burfica said...

Olive---whooohoooo special box!!!

Coffeegirl--WE would do that, but small town doesn't have much to go do, and it's only me, hubby and kiddo, so he doesn't want to just "hang" with us.

Miranda--He has two of the greatest friends. He says as long as they can come it will be alright. But one couldn't so that's the main reason I postponed.

Mom--Yeah he will have fun, he was just so very very down yesterday. I got teased and cast out bad in school, and I never want him to go through that.

Gama--thank you hun big ((((hugs))))

Aza--I hate the social crap with kids too. Sometimes it travels to adult hood. and hehehehehee about the duck. :)

Op--*blushes* gee thanks. Of course I'll adopt you, but you have to pay your OWN bills. hehehehe

Dorko--YOu better get practicing see if you can make a YU-GI-OH cake. hehehehe IF you did that prize thing with the bunch of heathens I entertain, Gigantor would be busy administering the hymlic all day. LOL

Julie said...

You know, the least those moms could do since they had made plans w/ you, was to call and let you know there was a conflict. That is so damn rude. YOu all have a good weekend and celebrate the whole time!