CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Conversation


So yesterday I'm sitting here totally oblivious. I get a phone call from Goober

Goob--Hi I have an appointment today, can you pick up Big J from practice when you pick up Kiddo??

Me--You mean from school??

Goob--No from practice after school, till 4:20

Me--What practice???

Goob--the mandatory band practice for the concert.

Me--WHAT CONCERT!!!!????

Apparently there is a band concert tonight. The kids had a mandatory band practice last night. I knew nothing about either.

So..as I pick kiddo up from school, and take him and Big J over to the practice, I proceed to rip him a new one. He claims he forgot. I know that's a big pile of turdy lies. I think he was blowing it off, in hopes that if he didn't go he wouldn't have to play. Which pisses me off so bad I'm making him no matter what.

I then decide to ask if there is something special they have to wear. (Christmas concert she told them but did not send out a letter, and I had to borrow a fricken white shirt) (this family doesn't do white) So...I ask him and he tells me black pants and white shirt. Which majorly pisses me off, cuz it's last minute. We did find him one at walmart for 12 bucks, but still.

Well I'm hungry so I'm gonna go find something to eat.

Have a good Thursday everyone!!!


12 comments:

Libby said...

"pile of turdy lies"...ahahahahah! i LOVE that!!

Rhea said...

One of THOSE conversations, where you find out what they haven't been telling you. lol fun fun. Love the picture though! Is that a mastiff?

Phoenix5 said...

My oldest, J does that crap all the time now... drops "bombs" on us last minute. Frustrates me to no end! I've made her lose out on things she has wanted to do, and made her do things she didn't, like you are doing. Doesn't seem to work though... good luck!

Burfica said...

libby--yeah I giggled when I typed it.

rhea--I think it is a mastiff.

Phoenix--I try to be strict but have patience cuz I remember how it was to grow up and all the shit you go through.

CrystalChick said...

KEWL, your blog is showing up right away when I click it from my sidebar and I don't have to go to your sidebar to get the daily read. What did you change??

I soooo know those situations. We don't do white either. And both my kids have been in the band before so been there, done that. LOL My son didn't join in high school though so he was able to wear any color dress shirt and khakis for his one and only guitar recital.

Have a happy weekend! :)

Burfica said...

crystal--I didn't change anything, but glad it's working now. I have no idea if kiddo is gonna want to keep playing or not, next year he's joined the percussion class.

Special K said...

Oh Burfica I feel for you! Or maybe I should feel for kiddo? LOL Kids do that, I don't know what the scientific number is but I think 99% of kids that do this, are male! Don't quote me or ask me how I know! :)

Burfica said...

kay--I'm sure they are male. stupid boys. lol

Dorko said...

I was gonna ask what kiddo plays... (other than you and gigantor)
.
.
.
ducks!
"Hey now, was that a flying turdy pile?" hehehe =)

Terry Stynes said...

How do you put up with this last minute stuff?
Kids!
They are there to test our patience grrr!
In a few years time it'll be band practice with electric guitars.
Your neighbours will hate you lol.

Burfica said...

dorko---hhahahaha he is actually playing the drums.

Terry--yeah in a few years, him and the friend across the street, will be raising terror.

Jules said...

Big pile of turdy lies!!! OMG!!! I fucking LOVE you!