CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 14, 2005

In Phoenix

Well we made it to Phoenix at about midnight o' thirty last night, then we ate some dinner. LOL The trip took us about 6 to 6 1/2 hours.

I went in with Alekx to see mom this morning, and it was a little hard to take. I had been preparing myself though. We talked to one doctor that was saying she just might have an infection in her lungs, because they didn't find any blood clots. She has a breathing tube in her nose, (which has been bleeding from it) and a feeding tube down her throat. She is on soooo many medications right now. She didn't seem to know I was there, but they say they can hear you. So, I talked to her. Told her I loved her, and the kiddo loved her very much, and she had to get better.

We went back in the afternoon (we were in the waiting room, because they only allow you a half hour visit) I talked to another doctor, one that was in the e.r. when she was brought in. He got very real with me, and I had to ask some very harsh questions. Maybe it's the mom in me, but even though Alekx is older, I sorta took that conversation and question session over. But, like Alekx said, I have been her main care giver for 12 years, so in some respects I know a little more. He said there is a possibility of a blood clot in her heart and they can't see it. He asked if we knew her wishes to be given cpr if she coded. He is suspecting there will be heart failure at some time. (okay breath, that's better) We told him to bring her back if he could, but if she coded repeatedly we would have to discuss our options. Right now her lungs and breathing are the least of the worries they said, it's more on her heart. (and just when from talking to the morning doctor I thought it was an improvement) I asked if she was in serious or critical condition, and he said she was considered very critical. So, far if there is no change what so ever, me, kiddo and Gigantor may go home on Monday. If there is change for the good we still will, if for the bad. I will at least send Gigantor home to work. Looks like Alekx and I may be here a very long time. Please continue the good vibe thoughts. Even if God decides it's her time. Alekx and I feel so blessed to have all you think and care about us. *crying* you all have been so very very wonderful. I'm sorry it hasn't been happy or funny postings as of late.

On a side note. Alekx says "tell them I got my refund dammit" lmaoooo
She sends her love and says hi, and thank you.

7 comments:

kitten said...

hi guys, thanks for keepin us in the loop...I called Alekx cell phone..left a message , figured you cant have it on in the hospital and all.

Where are you staying?
Ill try to call agin tommorow.
Thinkin about you..but you knew that
xox

Burfica said...

Hey Kitten Alekx here
I was actually in the ICU ward when you called and not suposed to have the cell phone on but it was. I was like OH SHIT and turned it off...HOWEVER your number didn't pop up and you didn't leave a number to call you back..
SHEESH woman Leave a number...
We'll e-mail you the sheesh as well... :-)

Cell phone is off AZ time from 11 to 11:30 2 to 2:30 and 5:30 to 6:00
Will e-mail you that to
I'm rambling so I'm gonna go ramble in an e-mail to you.
:-)

Azathoth100 said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles you Mom is having. She has 2 wonderful daughters looking after her and will hopefully be able to overcome this. Keep talking to her and keep us posted when you can. We're all pulling for her.

ThreeOliveMartini said...

ok so you guys know how i feel i have already talked to you but the one thing i do have to say is.. i didnt think there was a doubt ALekx would have left that airport with out a refund.. LOL

Mathieu said...

My thoughts are with you from the other side of the Ocean.

It's a difficult time, but you are both strong, and deeply rooted in who you are. Your mother is blessed.

Baron von Stencil said...

Hi Girls sorry to hear about your Mum's health.
I'm sending you 3 all the Love and Light i got.

Anonymous said...

Sending you thoughts of peace and calm... Hope things improve soon!