CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Sock Monster Mystery Revealed

First of all, the kiddo is doing much better. Tons of antibiotic in that shot. He had no fever for most the day, and his throat didn't hurt as bad. He may even be able to go back to school next week. *gasp*

Now this one is for Kitten in a big way. A few posts back on her blog she asked why there was one stray sock with each load of laundry. I think I cracked the case.

Our wash machine was broke down. (no spinning on the spin cycle) The repair guy had said it was the clutch and coupler. So...he comes in on Friday and puts on the new clutch and coupler. Hits the washer to spin and it's barely spinning. Here is the conversations.
Repair guy--uht oh
Gigantor--uht oh what?
R.G.--It's still not spinning very well
G--what does that mean?
R.G.--I think the brake booster might be bad
G--How much is that gonna run?
R.G.--bout 150 bucks
G--FUCK
R.G.--Yeah the brake is not disengaging to let the clutch work and make it spin
G--(mumbled cursing)
R.G.--Hold on a minute what's this??
G--what?
Repair Guy then takes apart the drums. Takes the inner drum out of the outer. and says AH HA!!
We see this black hard looking object, that looked like wood. It was stuck in the edge of the brake booster.
R.G.--Here is your culprit, burned out your clutch and was about to burn out the brake booster
G--What the hell is that?
(tugging and grunting here)
R.G.-- Looks like a sock
G--A sock?? how did that get there??

Apparently the sock monster stuffed a sock between the two drums, it had worked its way down and tried to make my washer explode. hehehehehe
That was one dam expensive sock.

On a note of the checks I showed in last post. Gigantor loved the idea of paying our bills with members of Kiss growling at the collectors. He wants me to now get a box or two of them. I'm also gonna get some Shrek checks and some Reptile checks that have lizards and frogs. hehehehee I'm finishing up all my dragon checks right now. I guess I like to get different checks. I've gone through quite a few designs. Nature, wildlife, flowers, tropical fish, baby animals, sesame street, and pooh bear. Right now I'm on dragons. (God I love dragons)

Okay I'm off to play some card games. Later everyone.

5 comments:

kitten said...

LMAO.......
SO thats where THEY go...littel Devils!!!!

Im glad the kiddo is better..I was just going to email you about him.....I hate when kids are sick..you feel sooo helpleas...also, thanks for all the advice you gave Jodi..the situation sux all around

Azathoth100 said...

Beware the sock monster! He will one day rule the world! One sock at a time! HAHAHAHAH!

Julie said...

I've always known that bastard sock monster exsisted, now there is proof!! That happened w/ some what I call 'cookies' - the padding that goes in bras, but you can take out.

How is baby boy feeling?

~SugarBear~ said...

Glad the kiddo is feeling better, hope he's all better very soon.

Phoenix5 said...

LOL @ the sock monster! I had a similar experience, but it was our dryer that was the sock eating monster! It turns out the felt drum bearing had stretched and fallen off allowing small items (read socks) to slip between the drum side and the back wall! When I took apart the dryer to replace the idler wheels which were thumping and bumping away, I found about 6 odd socks in various stages of scorchedness under the dryer! I have sinced replaced that dryer after the motor burned out.. wouldn't be surprised if there was a sock in that too!