CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Update

Here is an update today. It's 10:30 at night, and I have the kiddo in bed, but my husband still isn't home. He is helping the ambulance load my mother in an airplane.

I should have taken her to the doctor yesterday, and I'm kicking myself, and I feel very guilty. But as alekx says it's over and done with and we can't change it. It looks like she sat down in her kitchen chair last night (next to a window open) and then her breathing got worse and she couldn't get up. Couldn't feed herself,go to the bathroom, or take her much needed medication, couldn't call me or anything. She shivered all night struggling to breath. I guess the guy that delivers the lunches for the senior center found her that way. He then called 911. Gigantor heard the page, and called me to get my butt to the e.r. When they got her there her breathing was so bad, I thought she was gonna die. She kept saying ouch ouch ouch and we couldn't tell if it was cuz of her lungs or her other problems that require pain meds. Her temp and blood pressure were out of the park. And from the pain she was altered. While they were giving her breathing treatments her legs were hurting so bad, she was hollering. The only way she would keep doing her treatments is when I would yell MOM TAKE THIS THEN YOU CAN SIT UP she would listen for a few, then the thrashing would start again. I was handling all this pretty well (even though I have never seen anyone, let alone my strong as stone mother like this) Then she started asking everyone to help her pass, and to let her die. She was begging and asking if we would please let her pass, and let her die. *sorry crying again* I couldn't handle this. I went oh my gosh, and started crying. Gigantor got pissed and yelled at her to stop saying that she was upsetting me. That helped for a few minutes, but I had to leave the room.

Anyhow, they said something major is going on in her lungs and chest, her breathing is still pretty bad. She talked to me on the phone for less than 2 minutes and her blood ox level went from 96 to 82. They said they had to get her to a bigger facility to figure out what is going on. So she is flying to Phoenix tonight to go to Maricopa county hospital. Alekx is flying out tomorrow. When the roads open up I will be driving down. Please keep my mom and all our travels in your prayers, no matter who you pray too. Any little bit helps. :)
God Bless blogger family, and thanks.

3 comments:

kitten said...

Thinking about you...Ill try to look for you on IM later....hope you get some good news today.
xoxoxoxo

MomThatsNuts said...

Hey! Yeah I am about 20 mins from County (Maricopa Medical Center aka County Hospital) I am leaving town friday to go to San Diego, when will you all be here? Thurs?? Email me privatly and I will send you my phone number and we will see if we cant meet for lunch or something. Will keep your mom in my prayers...and your traveling family too~~

MomThatsNuts said...

DUH ...


momthatsnuts@yahoo.com