CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm a Bonehead

Yup I'm a bonehead.

Yesterday I called and got the earliest appointment for my surgery. I don't go and have my pre op till Oct 29th. Then my surgery is Nov. 8th. I have to wait over a month, because the o.r. is booked. They were gonna do it at a little surgical center, but once reading about my other health issues. They are gonna do it at the hospital. I don't know if I should be relieved that they are being real safe. Or if I should be worried, that they are taking all these extra precautions.

Any how here is my boneheaded move. I got really tired yesterday. I think a bit from mental/emotional stress from my surgery. And my tooth was hurting some yesterday. So...I go up to get the Kiddo. I'm sitting in the parking lot at 3, and I'm falling asleep waiting for him. I keep nodding awake, and realize most the kids are out already. But...no kiddo.

Then it dawns on me. It's fricken Monday!!! I told him last week he could join computer club, which is on Mondays after school. ahhhhhhhh He isn't gonna be out till 4:30. DAMMIT!!! I didn't want to drive back up in an hour.

I barely made it home I was so tired. I came in and sat on the couch and fell asleep instantly. Luckily Gigantor got off of work at 4:15 so I made him go get Kiddo.

My tooth was bugging me so bad last night I actually took a pain pill. (I don't like to do that, they scare me. Just knowing how addicted my mom was, and how much she abused them) and the pain pill didn't make me drowsy per say, but it made me sick to my stomach. So...I went to bed. But I got hot, so I turned the cooler in the bedroom on. Froze out Gigantor. But the pain pill made me icky to my tummy, hot, and didn't take the pain away. Then this morning when I got up, I was real sick to my stomach and dizzy. It seems to have worn off now.

I called up the dentist begging for an earlier appointment, and that is when I found out the hospital can't do it till Nov. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Okay, enough of me pratteling on.

Have a good Tuesday all!!!

12 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Oh god that's awful. I can't believe you have to wait till November!! Our health care system in this country is so broken.

I can't do pain pill either. They make me sick too. I usually have to get some pot to smoke to help keep my stomach calm when I have to take the pain pills. The only pain killer I can stand is Demerol.

Hang in there as best you can.

Burfica said...

james--thank you hun. I keep telling myself it's all working out the way it's supposed to. but grrrrrrrrrrrrr sometimes. lol

Phoenix5 said...

How far away from home is Kiddo's school? Sorry you have to wait so long for your surgery. Too bad you didn't just win a lottery or have a very famous person as a relative... that would get you in sooner, I bet! Stupid for-profit health care systems...

Burfica said...

Phoenix---it's only about 5 or 10 minutes away driving, he could probably walk, but it's across 4 major streets, and two highways. I'm not letting him. hehehehe

yeah I hate our health care system/

Jules said...

Be relieved, not scared, hon!

Don't take any more pain pills, babes! That just doesn't sound natural!

Canadian flake said...

awwww so sorry honey...sounds like it is an allergic reaction to the pills...maybe there is something else they could suggest?

will be praying for you here honey.

Libby said...

oh, burf...i'm so sorry to hear about this! but, really, look at it as a good thing you'll be in the hospital for the surgery, though! i hate to say it, but, i guess i am happy...

robkroese said...

Man, I'm sorry. That's way worse than my little headache. :(

MomThatsNuts said...

I am so sorry your getting the run around with this damn tooth!! I say, while they have you under, they pull ALL your teeth, get you some dentures, do some liposuction and dammit, might as well get something lifted or tucked!! CRIMENY...I understand the extra precautions I really do. BUT DAMN, if your gonna be under anyhow, have some damn FUN with it...as for pain pills, yeah most of them dont work for squat unless you take WAYYYY more than they tell you to...

Mom

Burfica said...

jules---yeah ibuprophen from now on.

Flake--I called the doc today, they are gonna talk to him tomorrow and get me diff pills.

libby--yeah better safe than sorry.

Diesel--Oh headaches hurt to hun. I may just be whining...After Nov. I should be better.

Burfica said...

mom--yeah my luck is they would have fun with it not me. And they would put a nipple on my forehead. lmao

jAMiE said...

Hang in there...i hope your tooth is better!