CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Flop

Wow for the first year ever I was highly dissapointed with the Pumpkin Festival. They have some local artists preform all day. Well they had some big gaps this year. It's been non stop all other years. They also have lots of craft booths each year. Ummmm not so much this year. Not near the activities they have had before.

The main reason I go is to look at all that stuff but also three main things. Big Johns texas bbq. (he has this giant smoker truck, and smokes his beef brisket), The cinnamon roasted almonds, and the funnel cakes. They didn't have any of the booths this year. They had one drink booth, and Navajo taco booths. That's it.

We did hear a bunch of the people, with the booths, were gonna show up to the balloon regatta next weekend though. So...that will be nice. Lets hope that's a better little thing to go to.

We did nothing else this weekend but some grocery shopping, some house cleaning and paid some bills.

Oh oh I did watch three movies. I would highly recommend all of them. We watched The Condemned (with stone cold steve austin) we were very surprised, it was really very very good. We watched Next with Nicholas Cage. That was very good too. And Kiddo picked out one called Twitches. That was a very cute movie.

Well I'm rather boring today, so I'm off to fold more laundry, and to go scratch something. hehehehehe

Have a good Monday everyone!!!

10 comments:

none said...

I hear you on the food booths our pumpkin patch only had 3.

Thanks for the movie tips. I need a couple ideas.

Burfica said...

hammer--yeah how dare they introduce me to funnel cakes and not have any. grrrrrrr

Phoenix5 said...

This seems to be a theme all over! We don't have a "Pumpkin Festival" here, but I heard that our RibFest was poorly attended by vendors this year. Rumour has it that the cost of gas and meat was too high for some of the ribbers from the southern US to make the trip. Oh well!

Burfica said...

phoenix--yeah rumor has it here, that the pumpkin festival commitee wanted at least 50 percent of everyone's profits. so...people didn't show.

Mia said...

I hate when I'm all excited about going somewhere expecting things, and then they dont pull through.

Burfica said...

Miranda--I know me too, totally pisses me off.

captain corky said...

Smoked Brisket and funnel cakes sound so good. We had Red Lobster this past weekend. It's bit overpriced, but I like seafood.

Anonymous said...

I cleaned my house too..then got a rash...I've concluded that I'm allergic to cleaning and I must stop doing it. Forever.

Burfica said...

corky--I would love a good seafod place in this town.

jj--OOO that sounds good, I'll have to try that. lol

Jules said...

I wish we even had some kind of pumpkin festival!