CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Stink Eye and Leaves

You all will not believe what happened to me yesterday. I was laughing so hard I might have snot bubbled. Captain Daddy was laughing so hard he almost piddled.

Captain Daddy and I were sitting at the kitchen table drinking some coffee and talking. He was copying down his schedule for me. Well I picked up this perfume sample I wanted to try. Now not the kind you rub on. This one was called a "liqui touch" It's a little bubble looks about as big as an m&m and it's in foil like the Dayquil pills come in. Well it had instructions to bend at the perforation and it would open a tiny hole and you could get the perfume out.

I'm staring at it intently. Probably a bit to close. And I bend the little thing down with a pop. And at that moment perfume comes rocketing out of there like a fricken bullet. My head jerks back, almost giving me whiplash. Captain Daddy jumps and yells "What the hell?" At which point my hand slams over my eye and I start screaming. My Eyeeeeee MY EYEEEEEEEEEE Then we both got laughing so hard it took quite a while to calm down.

That perfume went right in my dam eye. I washed it our right away, but it turned a purpelish red inside my eye, and it burned so dam bad. So I kept either rubbing it or putting the heal of my hand on it and pressing. And the weirdest/funniest part was. Every time I did that you got a big whiff of the perfume. hahahahaha hehehehehe hohohohohoho uh uh uh uh

So....this morning I'm driving home. To notice a bunch of the leaves have started to turn and fall off. I round one of the loop/corners of the circle I live on. And there is this older lady out sweeping the street. Yup, the street. She is sweeping the street and sidewalk in front of her house, and she is picking up the leaves. Is she insane????

Now, at my house. We let all the leaves fall off, then make one sorta half ass attempt to rake them up. Usually most of them are left to blow away or disinegrate in the ground. Not that we are lazy....wait....yes it is cuz we are lazy. hahahahahahahaha

I just thought it was quite funny to see her sweeping the street. When we still have leaves crammed in corners by our fence from like 4 years ago.

Oh well...I'm off to go eat some breakfast.

HAVE A VERY HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Libby said...

oh, holy crap. burfica! sue the perfume people? hahaha! seriously, i almost peed my pants reading this! and, if you leave the leaves down all winter, well, it's cheap fertilizer, right? if God didnt want them there, why would they fall?

Burfica said...

libby---THAT'S WHAT I KEEP SAYING ABOUT THE LEAVES!! Yeah I almost peed my pants getting that shit in my eye.

Alekx said...

hahahaha
stinky eye stinky eye

I think you have leaves in your yard from when I lived in that town.

Azathoth100 said...

Happy Halloween Bur!

Phoenix5 said...

We run our lawn mower over the leaves a few times in the fall, to chop them up into itty bitty bits which, theoretically, helps them to decompose faster. The one year we didn't, we had all these bare spots on our lawn the following spring where the leaves killed the grass! The maple trees in our backyard produce leaves the size of dinner plates, so not a whole lot of light and oxygen got to the grass in spring!

Libby's comment reminds me of a joke I read once about God talking to one of His angels. If I can remember it all, I'll post it someday.

Jules said...

Happy Halloween, Burf! Hopefully it won't leave you having to wear a patch over that eye!

Burfica said...

alekx--I'm sure I do. lol

aza--back at you my friend

Phoenix--I would mow them down, but we don't have a mower, because we can't seem to grow grass. Our entire yard is dirt. lol

Jules---Arrrrrrrr

captain corky said...

Can you see me? With both eyes? Am I coming in clear? Hello?!?

Burfica said...

corky--not only can I see you, but my eyes are sporting a nice clean smell. lol

none said...

Dang that sounds painful. The same thing happens to me when I eat grapefruit :)

Biddie said...

LMAO.
Oh, that is too funny about the perfume.
Giggle.
Ok, I think that I am done laughing now.

~SugarBear~ said...

Glad your eye is ok but that was too funny! People are sitting near me in the computer lab here at school wondering what I'm laughing about!

Burfica said...

hammmer---just another reason for me to hate grapefruit.

biddie--yeah I laughed quite hard myself.

C--always glad to get someone else laughed at too. hehehehe

Canadian flake said...

ok have I mentioned you have a very odd sense of humour? LOL. From this post I can see where you get it from...lmaoooooooo.