CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Parent teacher and a fun Halloween thingie

We had parent teacher conferences today. In Elementary school you made appointments and showed up at that time. All the teachers were there. Now in middle school. They set up all the teachers at tables in the gym. You show up and wait in line, and stand in line, and wait in line, and pass out in line. Just to see the teachers.

His grades weren't to bad. He had a C and the rest were B's. He would have had straight A's everyone said if he only would have turned in his homework. I wasn't aware he had that much homework. And I found out what he did do at home, he still sometimes wasn't turning in. So....yeah that got a big talking to with him. But it's all coming together.

As most of you know my son has a learning disability. He is way behind in reading, and he has a horrid time with writing. He has been tested numbers of times. And we have put him in special classes because of it.

At every single teachers table, they all told me that his comprehension is through the roof. He is so far above his grade level with comprehension. They have high hopes for him, and are helping him to build that. Also every single teacher said they loved having him in their class. Two teachers said he was their favorite student this year. Two other teachers talked about how amazing he was. And one teacher went on and on about how well mannered he was and how it's so nice to find parents with old fashioned beliefs in raising their kid right.

So, yeah we were beaming parents.

I would write more but I'm busy yelling at my son, cuz he's crying and not going to bed. And my husband is being a major ass hole, and making everything worse. So...I'm gonna leave you with a halloween fun thingie. Tell me what you all get.

You Are

A Happy Pumpkin Face

You would make a good pumpkin cheesecake.




Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!

11 comments:

melodyann said...

HAHAHA, burf it's said I'd make a good pumpkin and liver sandwich...

none said...

I have similar issues with my son. Luckily I dig through his back pack each evening and do his homework with him.

It's tough setting up good habits.

Alekx said...

hahahahahha you were so beaming about your kid at the comments the teachers made then you end your post with you are yelling at your kid
Sorry I just find that highly amuzing.
hahaha

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I was sort of that kind of kid in school too. I was too smart for school. I was always bored with the assignments and so just blew em off a lot of the time. I just didn't fit the mold of the "average student" and so kind of fell through the cracks.

But hey, speaking of cracks, at least I didn't DO crack. Although I'm sure some in my life think I was a crack baby.

Burfica said...

Melodyann---ummmm pumpkin and liver?? alrighty then.

Hammer--yeah I would dig through his pack too, but now with the locker, there is a whole nother place to be lost at

Alekx--yeah that was sorta funny huh??

James--yeah it looks like he has a good team of teachers to help him now.

Christine said...

A Pumpkin Pickle face? I want a recount. (but I'd settle for a bag of those hundred thousand dollar bars that used to be my fav as a kid)

Phoenix5 said...

Ah the joys of being a parent of a middle schooler... yikes! We had a similar experience with my oldest daughter in her first year in middle school last year. All the teachers said "she has such potential, if she would JUST GET HER WORK DONE!" LOL! Our parent teacher conferences are coming soon... I'm almost dreading them! Kudos to you for working so hard to bring Kiddo up right though! So many parents just couldn't care less these days...

Burfica said...

Chirstine--you can have a recount. hehehehe

Phoenix--yeah those of us that do raise them right have to struggle to keep good people in the world. hehehehe

jAMiE said...

I was a Franken pumpkin face..apparently because i don't go out, nor carve a pumpkin nor give out candy (i live in an apartment)....darn!

captain corky said...

How come we husbands are always being really big assholes?

There's no doubt in my mind that you are a really great mom Burfica!

Burfica said...

jamie--look on the bright side, you get to keep all the candy.

Corky--it's cuz you have penises, thanks for the nice words my friend.