CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Anniversary That Everyone (Alekx) Forgot

Let's start by rewinding almost 6 years. August 21st, Alekx's wedding day. We are all giddy, and excited about her wedding. We are getting hair and nails done and all that foo foo stuff. And I make some silly comment about how her and I can remember each others anniversaries easy. Cuz mine is April 21st and hers will be August 21st. So...both "A" months and on the 21st. Of course we giggled up a storm.

Now fast forward almost a year. August 21st fell on a Friday one year later, and I was sure the house elf was going to take Alekx out on Friday, so I wanted to call and wish them a happy anniversary. I decided to call on the 20th, because I think earlier is better than later. Calling late ticks me off. Anywhooo....I call up Alekx about mid morning on the 20th. Ring ring....
A--Hello?
B--HAPPY ANNIVERSARY A DAY EARLY (all cheerful and smiling)
A--(grumpy) thanks alot, but it's today
B--What's today?
A--(disgusted sigh) my anniversary
B--No it's not it's tomorrow, the 21st.
A--(very pissy now) No it's today, and it looks like everyone has forgotten, thanks a hell of a lot.
B--(starting to panic now) No it's the 21st, don't you remember two "a" months on the 21st??
A--(mad) What the hell are you talking about?
B--(still panicy) I'm sure it's the 21st, cuz we talked about bothing having them on the 21st
A--I never had that conversation with you. (must have been the pre wedding jitters, she didn't remember what we talked about) And it's my fricken Anniversary I should know
B--(really freakin out now) Go look at your marriage license, I'm sure it says the 21st
A--I did this morning after the house elf forgot, it's today. I gotta go

click

OMG I was freakin out. I never forget dates like that. How could I, but....I'm sure I was right. But...it was her wedding, not mine. ahhhhhhhhhh I call mom, I call dad, I call friends asking all of them when her wedding was. Everyone says their calendar says the 21st. I then dig out my old calendar to see. It says the 21st also. I of course can't dig out the wedding invitation she sent me, because she never sent me one. So...by this time I'm pretty sure that she got married on the 21st, but am panicking cuz she is convinced it's the 20th. Then I'm real panicked thinking they screwed up on her marriage license, and how the hell can you fix that.

Go to evening now
I call the house elf. ring ring
HE--Hello
B--ummmm hi I was calling to say happy anniversary a day early
(you can hear Alekx slamming pots and pans in the background)
HE--Thanks, did you call Alekx today
B--yeah this morning
HE--(whispers) do you know what's wrong with her?
(you can just hear the anger coming off of Alekx even over the phone)
B--(I now tell him about our entire conversation that morning)
HE--No our anniversary is on the 21st
A--(from the background) (and very angry) OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FORGOT TO. ALL THE REST THE FAMILY FINE BUT NOT YOU.
HE--I DIDN'T FORGET, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THE 21ST
(now both of them are arguing, and I'm trying to hang up saying that I don't need to be a part of this)
HE---Hold on sis
B--kay (wanting to crawl in a hole)
HE--(comes back messing with papers)
A--what are you doing?? I already looked there. (not only does she sound beyond angry, but hurt too)
HE--I'M CHECKING OUR MARRIAGE LICENSE, DO YOU MIND??
B--(god kill me now) Does it say the 20th??
long pause......pause some more.....and still pausing
HE--Right here!!! Look!!! (slamming of pots, and stomping toward house elf) It says Saturday August 21ST!!!!!!!
dead silence now. Nothing moves.
A--FINE!!!!
I can hear her stomping off to the bedroom. You know the stomping your 5 year old does when they are ticked. I hear the bedroom door shut.
B--OMG I'm so sorry bro (giggling now)
HE--(full out laughing) oh shit I thought it was the guys that screwed anniversaries up
B--I don't know if she was more pissed when she thought everyone forgot, or if she's more pissed that she got proven wrong. (still giggling) ( I just love to giggle at my sisters discomfort at her own hands) hehehehehe
HE-- fuck i'm gonna have to make it extra special tomorrow now.
B--no shit, I'm gonna go tell everyone else in the family what just happened
HE--oh fuck (laughing) she never gonna live it down

And you know what?? This is proof that we will never let her live it down. hehehehehe

Okay just had to tell you all that. Wish me luck everyone. I have a meeting at the school today to discuss the kiddo's testing. (for dyslexia) I'm hoping every thing is fine.

Happy Thursday!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...some story..bet she's still pissed.....and this is why one should get married on holidays!

Op~

Mia said...

Lmao...I wanna join your family...there is never a dull moment.

Good luck with your meeting *hugs*

MomThatsNuts said...

LOLOLOLOL poor poor girl....funny stuff

GL WITH MEETING....get kiddo straightened out and all will be well...

Mom

Alekx said...

I'll have you know that it was our 2nd aniversery that I forgot...
Wedding night dad took the walk in the desert
1st anniversery we did the mystery theater early cuz the house elf moved away to Texas leaving me in AZ to finish my college
So there....Hrumph
hell maybe I should go post about dad's adventure. LOL

Dorko said...

All events duely noted and I'm LOL! I do think I need a refresher on Daddy-Os jaunt in the desert sands.... been what? 6-7 years since I heard the story... Do dish, girlfriends!

Kier said...

LMAO! What a story! Love your blog - your family sounds a heck of a lot like mine ;)

Azathoth100 said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That freakin ROCKS! I so love the sister embarassment stories! So the 20th eh? hehehehe

~SugarBear~ said...

That story is too funny - sounds like my sister & I.

Good luck with the meeting. Hope kiddo gets through things alright.

~Colleen~

Jim said...

SHIT ! ..wat a waste of blogg space

dis post has nothing of interest to guys .... no sex no nutting ...

Jim said...

heyyyy some body is impersonating me ...
the above was not me ... guys in india have fooled google they can now post in my name ... as i was saying Burfi dont be mad at me ... uno i wudnt say any ting like dat after dat healthy episode


and heyy Burfi tell Mel her links dont link .... unless she has done it on purpose.. dis annony mouse has been posting dirty comments in my name..

ThreeOliveMartini said...

hahah i remember when that shit happened... tooo funny ..

Jim said...

http://imnutsincapstruly.blogspot.com/2005/04/why-does-god-let-bad-things-happen.html

the answer to
WHY BURFI DONT LOVE ME