CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 22, 2005

Happy Blogging Day.....NOT!!!!!

I got on today full of excitement. As I do every day I'm going to sit down and read blogs. You all can't know how much I enjoy this. So...after about 3 blogs I was so majorly depressed I couldn't think to read any more till just this evening. In reading three blogs and their comments I had learned that 2 people have decided to quit blogging, and many others are contemplating the same thing. I also heard that someone I care for is getting a divorce. Breaks my heart that they are hurting. But at least she is still blogging.

I know that everyone has to make up their own minds if they are going to blog or not. And I respect their wishes. It just truly saddens me. So...maybe I should let you all know what my blog means to me, and then you can understand why I'm so sad.

I have had struggles in my life. Alot of physical, and emotional struggles. I don't like to dwell on them, cuz that's where this part comes in. I can suffer from depression. I've been on some meds before, but they never helped. (the one's I tried) So...I have instilled tools to help with it. Humor!! Humor is a big part of dealing with all the crap that life can dish out. I came to the conclusion that getting upset just won't help a situation. So, I laugh at most things in my life. As you can see if you go read some of my old posts. Or in my comments on your blogs. But....About 2 years ago, it got way to much for me. Way to much. I hated everything, and my health went way down hill. There wasn't much humor in "my" life. The only thing that kept me going was the love of family and friends. Even my internet friends. That's something that has always provided me such huge strength. Out of no where I started a journal. A hand written journal. I wrote every day. I wrote about what pissed me off. I ranted, I raved, I cried. Then I wrote 2 things that happened in the news that day. (even if it was something so insignificant as the weather report) Then I wrote at least (sometimes more) five things that I was grateful for. It could have been something huge, like a life saved, or something small like the smell of fresh coffee brewing. Then to end it all, I said a prayer. Wrote down a flippin prayer. I would ask God to help me with all the struggles I was going through (that was the toughest, cuz I am not the kind of person that asks for help) Then asked him to help with struggles that family was going through. I kept that written journal until I started this blog. I went back and read it. I found how absolutely screwed up I was. I found how I grew, and got my love of everything in life back, and yes got my humor back. I found where, now, I realize some situations were toxic for me. And once I was out of them, things were so much better. My journal was the best $1.69 therapy a person could buy.

Now I don't write in that journal anymore. Because I write in this blog. I can have a day so full of laughs, and write it down. Or I can have the fear of losing my mom, and hating that she put us through that. And I can vent it all. Like my heading says. A place for my rants, my dreams, and my thoughts. This blog has continued the amazing therapy that my journal was. But this blog has been better. Why??? Because I have found friends, and they come and laugh with me. And they cry with me. And they fricken hold me up if I have to yell at the world. And they yell with me!!! By God they yell with me!!! And you know what?? They don't judge me. If they don't agree with me, they either say it nicely, or they don't say it. Cuz, that my beautiful people is what friendship is about. You all may treasure your comments, and your blog. You may even treasure it more than I treasure mine. But even with these words, you will never know how much I treasure each and every single comment, and who it comes from.

Where this blog is therapy to help me stay sane in my world. The comments are the thing that makes all of the struggles worth it. To know your not alone. To know at least someone out there cares.

That is why I was saddened to the prospect of losing some of those friends. At the reality that some are hurting. At the knowledge of knowing, what this blog means to me, and being scared that if theirs meant that much to them, then they would be hurting as I would be if I stopped blogging.

Okay I think I said what I needed to say, to help end the depression. I dug so deep in my psyche that my nose is bleeding. hehehehee

I'm sorry for such the serious post. But as I said. My therapy, and I needed that.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

ROCK ON!! and dont you ever apologize for being you .. happy sad serious or glad.. oh look i rhymed! what a dork..

I love you ... !!!

Unknown said...

Burf..don't you never ever even come close to apologizing about something like this again..you hear me...don't let me have to go down there in the land of "calf-halves" to get you straight girl!

As I posted the other day..I thank the LORD for the people I have found and the ones that have found me...and..right now it has more meaning then you know in MY life.

I only wish I'd met ya sooner .. cause lady..U sure crack me up..I love you humor...your therapy helps me!...sorry...I'm using you!..hehe

don't stop being U
Op~

Dorko said...

Win some loose some... some will come back, sometimes people just have to take a break.
I am so happy YOU turned me on to the world of blogging just a few short weeks ago! I've been having so much fun and have learned so much from the blogoshere. Burfica youre a treasure. I adore you and Alekx (ok. Alekx made me "worship" her) Thank you for all your post LOVE this heartfelt one. Love YOU!

ThreeOliveMartini said...

hahahah@worshipping Alekx

Julie said...

WEll said! I just adore and love you, i'm so glad we met and that I met everyone who is so precious and sweet and loving and supportive. YOu are the tops woman! I wouldn't know what to do if you quit blogging, something in my life would be missing b/c you aren't just a computer screen or a 'virtual friend', you are a friend, a caring friend at that. I admire your strength and your will to triumph that painful crap of depression. I'm going to miss those bloggers, I hope they change their mind, it's a special place for us all - where we feel loved, supported, cared for and not judged. Love to you sweets and to you ALL, Julie

Alekx said...

hehehe I'm worshiped
My evil plan to take over the world is progressing

It was a great post baby sister...Ya know I love you. I may even let you borrow my computer so you can post while you are here for the summer. That is if everyone that reads your blog sends me ransom money

Ha now there is a great plan

MomThatsNuts said...

When I first started blogging, I was going through some family crap. It meant so much to me to know that people not only cared enough to stop by and read about it, but support me and be on my side...You and Alexk were the first ones, and I owe you both a debt of gratitude! I have filled many hand written journals since I was a kid. I dont write in them as much either, because I have here..I love this community and all of the friendship and support that comes with it. I am very frustrated and sad over my oldest son, but i know you all will be there to help me through it....

you guys,,ALL you guys...Rock my socks off..
Mom

Azathoth100 said...

Wow, talk about pouring it all out eh Bur? Just like Gama I've thought about quiting from time to time, usually when I get depressed. But as anyone who knows me knows, I hate losing friends. And thats exactly what all of the people I've met through this Blog are, friends. I know friends come and go, just like blogs will. I'm glad I've had the chance to meet everyone here. I've hoped for people in trouble (best I can do since I don't believe in a diety) and laughed at life's funny moments and cheered at the sucesses. I've felt the pain through the words of some, and cried (yeah, I admit it. Any got a problem with that?!?!)for what some have gone through. I've enjoyed flirting with some and reading the sex life of others. This has become an important part of my life. I wish those who have left well, and I've done my best to let them know that all they have to do is start typing again and I'll be there to read it, and that they're welcome to comment anytime.
I'm also sorry about the things you had to go through sweetie. I know the darkness well, I've spent quality time there. I'm glad if any of the comments I've made have ever helped make you laugh or feel even a little un-alone in life. From the things I've read your a phenominal woman who deserves a lot of love and laughter in this life. I've enjoyed reading about your family, even during the downtimes. This blog world wouldn't be the same without you (or your dear sister Alekx, and no she didn't have to pay me to say that!). I personally hope you keep blogging for a long time to come. Peace sweetie. Some may be gone, but for what it's worth I'm still here reading and laughing with you, and I'll keep on for as long as you'll let me.

Anonymous said...

Baaaam!! You said it all..most who really care will keep on..I can begin to understand why it is so important to you..got it now..nice blog site..Burfica....your little bud....shae.

kitten said...

Im still going to read you everyday!!and everyone else I can keep up with..I just might not comment...and Im glad you got that out..that is the best thing about blogging...its thereaputic. Hugs. Burf. You are indeed a ray of sunshine..I mean that.

Unknown said...

Wooow..she must still be partyin'...hasn't come up for air yet....wooohooo......what...what...what's that you say.....I can't under stand U with your moth full...."stage right"...I'm outta here.....

--->>>runnin'..hoping not to be caught"<<<<<<<<<---

Mia said...

Laughter is the best medicine. I too have seen alot of good blogs just end suddenly. Its true that its the best therapy. A release to rant, rave, laugh, cry, fume.

themadamefiles said...

Blogging has saved me too. Like you, I used to keep a journal, but I can type faster than I can write, but it seems now, the sun is coming out more often, it sets later, and the days are getting warmer. I too will continue to post becasue this allows me to write, reflect and then re-assess, re-evaluate. I too know lots of people who are leaving, but I'll be around, to visit you, and to write in mine ;-)