CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 29, 2005

Cowboy Boots or Boats??

So, as I have mentioned before. I had a major surgery in Sept before I had my religious wedding in November. I had to be air vacced out of my small town, to the nearest big town, and undergo emergency surgery. My mother flew in the plane with me, and my husband got emergency leave from the Navy and flew into town to be with me for 10 days. (the red cross is great that way to help service men out when something happens to their family)

Anywhoooo my mother and I had been shopping in the summer for all my wedding stuff. We found all the decorations for the perfect western wedding. We even found the PERFECT western wedding dress. The only thing we didn't find was the perfect white boots. And we looked and looked. We had made plans to travel out of town for a day of shoe shopping. But when I got emergency surgery, and almost died, and they said no traveling except for home for quite a while. My mother decided to be the best mother of the bride you could get. She went to a ton of stores. Then she went to K-mart and found the most AMAZING white boots. She stumbles in my room with my husband, and starts shoving something on me feet. I wake up from my darvocet induced slumber and mumble "ouch what are you doing" She's grunting, going "I need to make sure these boots fit." Awwwww I was brought almost to tears. And yes the boots went right one, and I could wiggle my toes, and they fit on my legs fine. Mom throws them in the box, and stuffs them in a sack and goes "there that is done" all proud like.

I got to go home and start healing, and husband had to go back to the navy. We threw the boots in their sack into the bottom of my closet to be gotten out on wedding day. My husband came home on October 28th. Our wedding was scheduled for Saturday November 13th. Well....about November 11th. I'm sitting on the side of my bed, feeling a little icky (still recuperating) And I go "WHAT THE FUCK?????!!!!!" I see the side of my boot box. Alekx runs in and goes "What?? what happened??" I'm like "The boot box better be wrong" Alekx pulls out the boot box. It says size 12. I wear a size 8. I start to panic. Alekx says "wait wait, the box is probably the wrong box, mom wouldn't fuck up that bad" We open the boot box. THEY WERE BOATS. THEY WERE MOTHER FUCKING SIZE 12 BOOTS!!!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WEAR LET ALONE WALK IN SIZE 12 BOOTS???? ON MY FLIPPIN WEDDING????!!!!!! Alekx and I just stare in horror. Mouths agape. I say "maybe if we stuff paper in the toes" Alekx runs to get paper. After about 2 sunday editions in each boot, I put them on. Well, they feel snugger, but I can't fricken walk. It felt like I had flippin big red clown shoes on. Okay, I've had it, I start crying. Alekx to the rescue. She jumps up and calls mom, and proceeds to yell at her, "what where you thinking" Mom was like "well they fit when I tried them on her" aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh

Alekx then runs down to the local walmart. No good, no white boots, we run to local western store, no white boots. Alekx then calls in sick to work, and calls my doctor to see what she has to do so I can travel. She gets everything ready and throws my cut up self in the front of her truck, and takes off for the nearest big town. Cuz you know, my wedding is less than a day away. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

We pull into the K-mart. Return the "boats" and look. They have white boots in size 12, 11, and 7. WTF??? So we go to the mall, stiffly walk around all the shoe stores, yes they have boots, no they don't have white boots. Look at some wedding shops. No white boots, not even the high heeled type. I start to think, maybe I have to wear slippers. (that would look real good with a western dress) And we stumble on this little designer shop. See the cutest pair or ankle length white boots, with all these frilly do dads. Put them on, and they fit perfect. Look at the price tag 226 flippin dollars!!!! Are they gold plated or what??? We walk out feeling totally deflated. There is no way any of us can afford that. Not after all the medical stuff, and Gigantor coming home from the Navy with no job lined up, and me out of work for 6 months to heal. I'm near tears again, and Alekx is even someone deflated. She's starting to go, "I'm sorry kiddo I tried" I'm sniffling "it's okay" We walk past a mens cowboy hat shop (MENS) and she goes "lets go in" I saw no point, it was all mens stuff. We go in anyway, and on the back wall in one corner is this tiny section of womens boots. I mean it's smaller than most bathrooms. We wonder back, just so we can say that we left no stone unturned. And on the shelf is one pair, ONE, or white boots. They have silver inlays. Gosh it would be perfect seeing as my dress has silver threads all through out the lace. But we couldn't dare to hope. Alekx says "lets just look" I sit on the bench complaining that I'm tried, and I hurt. Alekx picks them up, and starts laughing so hard. She then walks them over and goes "here put them on" the box said size 8 1/2 OMG OMG OMG OMG Yessssssssss!!!!!!! they fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The clerks in the store thought we had lost it, we were all whooping and hollering, and hugging, and cussing out our mother. heheheheehe Best part. These boots were 42 bucks. We snatched them up, and headed home. We didn't get home till way way after dark.

But that is how much my sissy loves me!!!! That is how much she would do anything for me!!! And that is how much she shares in my pain, joy, laughter, and embarrassment!!!

This started out to be a funny post. But I think it ended up being more of a tribute of mine and Alekx's love and dedication.

Remind me to tell you how after I only spent 1200 bucks on my wedding total (clothes, halls, food, flowers, cake, pics the works) How I saved the house elf 3000 bucks on their wedding. hehehehehee I can throw a good wedding people, for virtually no money at all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

12 comments:

Kat said...

I made you something...you can find it here:
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/271/3013/640/burfica.jpg

Kat said...

oops...the whole url didn't show up...I'll break it down:
http://photos1.blogger.com
/img/271/3013/640/burfica.jpg

Burfica said...

OMG Kat I love that!!!! love it love it love it love it!!!!!!

tytytytytytytyytytytytytytytytytytytytyytytytytytytyty

Julie said...

Oh, that was so cute what Kat did!!
isn't it amazing how one little thing that should be easy, becomes so hard to find for a wedding and can make you just crazy!!
Alekx did damn good, she is something else, you both are, very good to each other, those crusty comments you all hurl at each other don't fool nobody! (and only sisters can get by w/ that stuff) LOL

Alekx said...

Gawd you are ruining my reputation saying nice things and stuff about me.
Sheesh.

I was starting to sweat it that we wouldn't find you any damn boots. Then I tried to kill ya with the glass smooth floors. Hehehehehe

Unknown said...

(Op takes rag and wipes eyes) Hey..that was sweet!..now...what the hell has happen around here...everybody gettin' all soft and and and....hey that's alright...that's some good family love ya'll have...that's what it's all about!...thanks for sharing!

Op~
(Now..I'm going to stir up trouble somewhere...where's Saby?)

Dorko said...

I love your stories...

This one reminded me of the time the Queen of Panic was working 7/12s at the NGS... she wanted to "get away" to Flagstaff shopping once that was over... we did lunch and hit the mall where she handed me a $100.00 bill and said "have fun" (that was back when $100 would go pretty far!) We had the BEST time! Nothing like the bond of sister-hood. Hugs, Burf!

Jim said...

Pssssttt burfi
is there sumting more btw u and alekx?

its Ok. wont tell the Navy

Jim said...

i new it ... i new it
saw the pic posted by alekx

Azathoth100 said...

I have helped several friends with thier weddings over the years and have found that sometimes the small stuff can be more stressful than the large. Glad you got you shoes in time sweetie.

ThreeOliveMartini said...

hahahah.. i am never getting married again.. i think i will just live in sin the rest of my life than to go thru undo stress !

Astrid said...

Now all I need is to see those boots and then I can rest again! How about a pic? And yes, they may float in the water or be surrounded by fish!