CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 15, 2005

Gigantor a Target???

I don't know what it is today for Gigantor. Bad karma day, bad hair day, planets out of alignment, sun spots, full moon, no moon, who the hell knows. But poor Gigantor has had one of the worst days.

It started this morning. He goes to step on the back tire of his truck so he can get some trash out of the back of the truck. All of us have done that right?? So as he steps up, his toe bumps the stem, and it splits the tire right there, and pssssshhhhhhhhhhh flat tire. So he has to change it, and is now a half hour late to work. Gets into work (at the steel yard) and over his radio the fire dept has 3 calls. Two major wrecks. One t-bone on the highway, one head on on the highway. And it has a full call out for a fire. He usually doesn't leave his regular job to go on calls, he lets people that can do it go. But the dispatch called him personally and asked him to go. So he had to go play with the jaws of life, tear apart a mini van, transport patients, go to another crash, stabilize patients, transport, get called back, drive the attack truck, go pump water, then finally get back out to work to start on the one job that has to be done today no matter what (he is running one of the big saws and has a gazillion pieces for a billboard sign to cut) It's getting trucked out tonight. So...he calls at lunch and asks if he can go get us a burger and come home and eat so that he can relax. I said sure. As he is pulling into come home, I'm headed out the door. He says, "oh man what now" The school had called me. Kiddo broke his glasses. And not just a lens pop out break, or an ear piece you can tape up break. But it was on the nose piece attached around the lenses, shatter the inside part of the frame, got to pay for new frames kind of break. Kiddo told us that a bug flew on his glasses at lunch recess. Well kiddo doesn't like bugs, matter of fact he's rather scared of them. So he takes them off, by holding each side like he's supposed too. And he slams them down over his knee. You know like you do when you want to break a stick?? And SNAP grrrrr But you can't be to mad at him. I mean he's just a little kid. So...by this time, I'm cracking up. What else can you do when a day goes like this?? I mean really what else can you do?? So..by this time the burgers and fries Gigantor had bought us were really cold and icky and the kiddo wanted a burger too. After going to the eye glass place I decide we should just go get another one. So...we go order more and this time order milk shakes. (cuz they make everything right in the world don't you know) Well kiddo wants a drink of daddy's oreo milk shake. After he takes a drink, he then decides to blow bubbles in it, and goes. OOO I think I got some popcorn in it. Then he sneezed right on the milk shake as he was looking into it. I swear Gigantor looked like he either wanted to kill everyone, or that he just wanted to cry. So...I decide to go back and get him another milk shake, and what do I do?? I spill mine. lmfaoooooooo

In the long run Gigantor ended up spending 3 hours at lunch. And I told him he should just screw the rest of the day, that he should go get that tire fixed then come home and hide from the rest of the world. But he decided he had to go get all those pieces cut. I'm a little worried that an entire stack of angle iron might fall on his head, or that he chop someone's arm off in the saw. I mean that is just the kind of day that is happening here. I'm almost scared to see what happens next. hehehehe

I was gonna get on and post a funny story that happened a long time ago with my mom. But I just had to tell you all about our day. I will tell you all the story this weekend probably. Have a happy Friday everyone!!

4 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

I got my fingers crossed that Gigantor makes it through the day in one piece. I'm sure you can find a way to make his night a lot more fun than his day was (Hint, Hint). I bet you can find something more interesting in your bra than popcorn....

Julie said...

I'm w/ Aza, light his world up tonight, tee hee
that is some day,, you have to laugh or cry, but don't ever say 'what else can happen' b/c something surely will.
On the good side, he won't be due for one of these days for a while!

Jim said...

Heyy Burfi
(dat means ice candy in hindi)

i can see dat
ur trying hard to 4get
dat u ever met a guy called saby

dat makes me happy
dat i am hard to 4get

Unknown said...

I sure feel better about my day now!