CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Horribly Sad and Amazingly Happy

Wanna know how you can be Horribly Sad and Amazingly Happy at the same time??

You can head up to your lot to tear down your mothers house so you can move ours in soon. And the people that were gonna take it are there. Have been for two days, digging it out, getting axles on it, jacking it up. And you are there for about a half hour as they move it out and drive down the street with it.

It was the house I grew up in. Yes it was a trailer, but it was home. We had an apricot tree, apple tree (both dead) rose bushes, (tried to dig them up and save them) cherry tree (long dead) bouncing betties and mums (covered under tons of sand so no telling if they will come back, and a lilac bush (still there)

It housed most of my memories, good and bad, and every memory of my mom. Tons of memories of my son playing up there too.

Now this fenced in, full of flowers and trees and toys lot, looks like this.



Looks pretty bad right now huh??

No grass, no tree's, nothing happy looking about it. But I'm also so very happy. Because this means, I'm that much closer to moving my place up there, to fencing it back in and planting some fruit tree's of my own. To watching my son grow up there like my mother watched us. To plant grass, and watch the dogs run.

Gigantor went up today and stacked all those cinder blocks you see everywhere, he stacked them all over to the side. We actually found an old septic tank under there (the city hasn't used septic tanks in 40 years) We found tons of poles and posts, some cut off, but all with concrete in the ground, he dug those out. (some under the trailer) We took out tons of old roots that were under the trailer and as big as your leg.

This week we are calling all the utilities and have them stake out their lines so we know where we can and can't dig. We are also tearing down that old rusty shed and moving the nice shiny one back in that corner. He is going to be putting up new wood fences on both sides. And when our trailer is in there, some nice swinging chain link fences in the front off of each side.

We did find some interesting stuff under the trailer. Old dog toys. Monster spiders. A very old "bubble up" soda can. Does anyone remember bubble up??? A old Shasta Draft Root Beer can, the old steel one's. hehehee Was sorta fun. In all the hustle the kids of the people moving it broke one of my yard tables. It was round with a glass top. Guess that is a small price to pay for how many people they had there.

Only thing that sorta bugged me. We gave them the trailer for free. FREE PEOPLE!!! And not one of them came over and said thank you. Just drove off after they got it out of the lot.

Maybe the Navajo culture doesn't know how to say thank you. I dunno. But hey it's gone, and we are that much closer. We have exactly 5 weeks to be moved, inspected, set up, utilities on, fences and porches up, and moved in. We are on a deadline now people.

Hope you all had a good weekend!!!!

Wish me luck calling and setting up meetings with principal and superintendent tomorrow to put in formal complaints.

16 comments:

captain corky said...

I look forward to seeing a picture of it when you get done turning into your home.

none said...

Glad things are shaping up and you will be getting into your place soon.

I know what you mean about lack of gratitude. Very seldom do free things have any value if you catch my drift.

Burfica said...

corky--yeah we took the video camera up to get them moving it out, and dammit the batteries were dead. hahahaha

Hammer--Yeah even a free house poeple can't say thank you.

CrystalChick said...

Ah, some old memories to remember some new ones to make!
Lots of work ahead but all worth it. Have a great week! Mary

Burfica said...

crystal--yeah hope we can get it all looking better in the 5 weeks. lol

~SugarBear~ said...

I can't wait to see the picture of the finished product. It will be wonderful for you to be able to raise your son there. Good luck with the move.

CrystalChick said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Burfica said...

c--thank you yeah I'll have to do some pics.

crystal--thank you!!!!!!

Joy T. said...

I can see the very sad but the very happy in this as well. I think it's great you can now raise your own children where you grew up. Here's wishing you a lot of luck!

Burfica said...

joy--thank you, yeah he's upset about moving, but once we are there I'm sure he will like it.

Libby said...

burfica-good luck! i know you'll make it in time! if anyone can do it, you can!!!

Mia said...

OMG I just like the fact that picture has no snow in it. I cant wait to see pictures after.

Crystalchic is right, old memories and new ones coming.

Biddie said...

I am just getting caught up again...Holy smokes. I can't believe the school. We had a problem with a principal a few years back. She was a real piece of work. I say complain away. Kiddo needs to feel safe at school and if he really WAS doing all of this shit that he was accused of, then why weren't you informed? Honestly, the school has really dropped the ball on this one. I am pretty sure that going into his wallet and taking money out is theft, no matter who you are.
Good luck with the move. You really have your work cut out for you.
I would have baked you a cake and made you lasagna for a free trailer...For starters :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the memories being "torn away" but you are going to make so many great new ones that will honor your mother.

Burfica said...

Libby--I can do it, but my husband may not live through it. Cuz I'll kill him. hehehehe

Miranda--so saying neiner neiner wouldn't be nice???

Biddie--yeah and the saga is still going on.

Birdman--Thank you, I surely hope so.

Anndi said...

We moved in to the house I grew up in and it's filled with memories...

Good luck!