CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Lucky we aren't in Jail

Okay people let me say right up front I'm not gonna post the whole story on here, because it's way long. But anyone who wants to know the entire thing, e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back with all the juicy details.

You all know my kid can be a bonehead. But as most of you know reading here. He has been bullied since kindergarten. It's a constant battle with schools, and keeping his self esteem up with counselors and good teachers. Most of you know he's a very kind soul that wouldn't hurt anyone. And that he will be anyone's friend. All the adults he's ever met have said that and how well mannered he is.

Well let me give a quick recap of yesterday, and part of today.

Son comes out of school crying and with an ISS report (in school suspension)

He is accused of bullying and extortion. (what the mother fuckity fuck)

It also states that he repeatedly lied to the vice principal about the situation, and that it is not the first time he's been in trouble for being a bully. (WHAT?? FIRST I'VE HEARD OF IT)

So...call husband tell him to get his ass up to the school right away. (my knees are so bad I couldn't even walk in there, pisses me the hell off they are this bad)

Husband comes up, calm Kiddo down, and talk to him more.

Apparently a little shit named Eddie Sink (yes real names and I don't give a fuck) who has lied about kiddo in the past. 5 times to be exact. (he has some mental problems for real, and they are documented) This kid told people that Kiddo took 5 bucks from him so kiddo wouldn't kick his ass.

My son got accused of extortion, he got yelled at and intimidated by the vice principal and the bully coach at school. They went into his wallet and removed money. They continually called him a liar until he told them what they wanted to hear.

We went to the superintendant, we went to the police, we had calls in everywhere.
Incident report made with the police.

Vice principal called wanting to know how to make us "feel better" about the situation. Gigantor getting very angry at her, her being pissed, Gigantor saying, "I will be there 7:30 tomorrow morning you better be"

Kiddo worried, and sick all night long.

Meeting this morning.

Things are fixed, but fuck me running what a mess. Gonna be putting in a formal complaint on her and the bully coach about the way they handled things.

Hope you all had a better Thursday and hope you all have a good Friday!!!

24 comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW! Talk about drama!

Joy T. said...

I don't know you well enough to ask for the whole story but this certainly tells me enough. I'm shocked that a principal and a coach would act that way towards a child! Good lord what is this world coming to!! I hope all is well now and things have been handled.

Burfica said...

Vanessa--yeah and they shouldn't mess with my kid.

Joy--it seems all right now, but still putting a formal complaint in on the vice principal and that bully coach.

Mia said...

Another example of how the school system fails a kid. Sighs, Stop the bullying.

He's in grade 5 right? Is middle school over there grad 6-9? Maybe he'll be able to change schools soon. Here its usually 1-6, 7-9 and then 10-12.

Burfica said...

miranda--he's in grade 6, so he has three years in that middle school, won't switch till grade 9. uggghhh It's a never ending battle.

Coffeypot said...

Now you know one of the reasons why I hated school so much. Teachers and principals ALWAYS over react and believe the first person that reports anything. Truth and fairness have nothing to do with it. To really investigate the situation and sitting both kids down in the same room at the same time and let them talk it out is beyond their mental capabilities. I hope you burn their asses for their inability to handle the situation.

And get those damn knees fixed or get a wheel chair or a scooter or a roller cart and pull yourself along with your fist.

Terry Stynes said...

Hope the complaint goes well for you. I've had similar problems with my son's school or rather the fuckwits that ''work'' there.
They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Burfica said...

coffey--yup we are still putting complaints in even though they fixed it. And working on the knees hun

Terry--welcome. I don't know why they have to act that way, but the picked the wrong kid to mess with this time.

CrystalChick said...

That's some difficult situation. If you can't trust the higher ups at the school and they treat kids that way, what's the point of a bully coach? Sorry for all that. School systems are a mess which is why alot more are turning to home-schooling. Good to have things documented and follow-up with formal complaints just for anything coming up in the future.
Good luck.
Have a nice weekend! :)

Phoenix5 said...

Whatever happened to being innocent until PROVEN guilty? Isn't that even in your Constitution? I hope your formal complaint against the V-P gets some results! What they did was just wrong!

Hope your weekend is better! Take care of those knees!

Burfica said...

crystal--yeah usually people up at this school are pretty good, but they will not be happy when we are all done.

Phoenix--yeah it was wrong, and what happened to calling parents, or the police if they suspected extortion.

none said...

Sounds like the shit my son puts up with. the idiots believe a habitual liar and bully over a basically good kid.

Are these people retarded?

~SugarBear~ said...

Poor Kiddo! Give him an extra hug from everyone at our house. It's probably a good thing you have bad knees or they might have called the police on you. I know how I get when someone messes with my aliens!

Burfica said...

hammer--yeah and we found out she never questioned the other party.

C--ty yeah I thought maybe they were lucky I couldn't be in there, but Gigantor was pissed. Only the 2nd time in 15 years have I seen him pissed. It was frightening.

cookie monster said...

No adult in a school should EVER yell at a kid, no matter what. How you restrained yourself from slapping them I don't know.

I'm glad to hear it's all sorted-ish now though.

youarekiddingme said...

First time here - it makes me sick to my stomach to think of the things Monkey Man will have to deal with when he gets to school. He's 3 now, but I already worry. I'm sorry your guy has to go through that.

Rhea said...

Wow, I'm really surprised they'd treat your son like that. I don't blame y'all for being so angry and causing a rucus. Your poor kiddo!

Libby said...

burfica-poor kiddo (even tho i KNOW he wouldnt want pity!). o'm SO glad tif's graduated & out of school, it seems to get worse every year!

Burfica said...

cookie--only way we restrained ourselves from knocking them one is knowing we would go to jail and kiddo would have to defend himself against people like them.

youare--welcome. Yeah it's hard what they go through, just stay on top of it, you and your little one will be better for it.

rhea--yeah they are supposed to be the "protectors" of kids.

Libby--it is horrible, and I hear nightmare stories about the high school, oh yay I can't wait. grrrrr

Neoma said...

I know where you are coming from, I have a son who has been bullied since kindergarten also. He gives everyone a chance, and hardly ever sticks up for himself, just takes it. He got ISS on Friday because someone asked to borrow his pencil, and he gave it to them. all the teacher saw was him handing the kids his pencil. I am not sure why he got ISS for that, but teachers don't want any back talk, so Nick didn't say anything just took it. Later they said he was talking, was why he got ISS. He said he didn't say a word, just handed the kid his pencil.

But I can let that go, I wouldn't be able to let it go if someone accused him of stealing or lieing. Why is it the teachers and pricipals always believe the liars.....I guess they have more practice at it.

Glad you got it straightened out. But you and I both know how much it effected your kid. If he is like Nick, he was sick all night over the whole thing. sad huh..

Burfica said...

Nea--he was sick all night, but what bugs me more, is down the rode in a month or two he will probably mention it and it make him sick all over again, cuz he has a hard time letting that stuff go.

Kim said...

zero tolerance policies, fears of lawsuits, school shootings, PC crap, and failing levies all have a part to play in this I think Burfy. It's horrifying. I'm so glad Anna is halfway through school years, we're almost done with this fucked up educational system of ours. When, WHEN will we overhaul a system that is underfunded, overstressed and antiquated? Much too late, I fear. I hope things improve for you and your little one.

Jules said...

Aww, sweets.. that all sucks so bad! I'm sorry to hear that your babes not being treated fairly at school... that's so tough for him. But tell you what! He's sure lucky he's got a mom and dad who don't put up with shit from the people who bully him!!! I'm always so proud of you for standing up for his rights and being such great parents!!

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

My son's had some problems like this too. It's usually the other jealous cliques that try to get him in trouble!!