CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On a Run away Freight Train


Holy moly folks. We are on a run away freight train that isn't gonna stop now.

We got talking last night. We have about 2 to 3 weeks worth of work to do here at our house, and a good week worth of work to do up at the other lot. That would be not counting building the fences on both sides.

Well....Gigantor has to go out of town on the 10th. It's manditory, for work. We found out some of the stuff we need to get done with the city and utilities would take a good three weeks after we move our trailer in. We have to be out of our friends house by May 30th. That's when they come back.

So...we discussed how if it was at all possible we could move it up not this weekend but the next May 3rd.

So...we thought...lets see what people say. Guy out at Gigantors work that has set them up before said that's best weekend for him. Guy that said he would move it for free, says that's the only time he has actually.

Okay people I have to cram 3 weeks of stuff into a week and two days. I'm excited as hell, but also a bit nervous. We have called what family and friends we have so far. Guess who is helping?? My mother in law for one day. Nobody else seems to want or feel that we need the help. grrrrr

I think once I'm done posting I'm gonna go and put a prayer request down on our church's prayer chain and see if anyone can help.

Okay on that note, I'm gonna go get some sleep. Gigantor and I totally cleaned out and cleaned the back bathroom. Got three boxes packed of breakables. Kept the stuff we need to go with us to the other house out. I hate having to pack to move and then pack us bags and boxes to go stay somewhere for a few weeks.

Okay off to make that e-mail and to go to bed for me.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.

12 comments:

cookie monster said...

Whoo-hooh, first reply!

They do say moving house is stressful so much sympathy here.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some responses to your request from the church. I KNOW you can do it!!!

Good luck!

CrystalChick said...

Hopefully more people will be able to help, but either way you will get this big job accomplished!
{{{{ best wishes }}}}

Burfica said...

cookie--yeah it's no fun doing it, but it's fun getting the end result.

birdman--I hope so too, at least for some boxes. hheehehehe

crystal--thank you, yup we are moving if we are all packed up or not so it seems.

none said...

Don't worry, it will all come together and be over with really soon :)

Libby said...

oh burfica, i wish so bad i could just hop on a plane & be there to help!!

Terry Stynes said...

Hey, I'd gladly offer to help if I was there.
Good luck all the same. I can sense your excitement. :)

Burfica said...

hammer--that's what I'm looking forward too.

Libby--that would be awesome, but we would probably gab more than work. hahahaha

Terry--thank you, if I had the help of all my blog buddies I'd be done in a week. heheheh

Mia said...

Oh I feel your pain. we had to move from the house to this condo in 3 weeks. The kids didnt help. They were too bitter about the move. Thank god my parents helped.

Special K said...

After my last big move, with NO HELP and just me and my hubby and 3 huge Uhaul loads and 10 car trips. I said I would never ever help another soul move again. Ever.

But I would you Miss Burfi! ;)

Coffeypot said...

As you know, we have a contract on our house and we will close on or about July 1st. We have found 12 acres in horse country, but I doubt that we will be owning pre-glue animals. But the place is gorgeous. A rolling hill, with a creek at the bottom; but mostly semi-level. However, Sweet Tea and I have been having discussions (okay, cuss fights) about the move. She says we can do it, but, dammit, my back won’t hold up to all the lifting. I want to get a company move us. We’ll see!

Burfica said...

Miranda--yeah it's just us, not even his parents helping, and god forbid my dad help.

Kay--if I was there I would have definatly helped. I always help people move, but then nobody ever helps me. grrrr

coffey--I think you should hire someone. May cost a tiny bit, but better than you in the hospital, the cussing the fighting, and the thing not getting done all the way and have to hire someone anyway. hehehehe