CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm exhausted

Oh lawdy lawdy people I am so dam tired it's not even funny. Feels like a pulled a dam groin muscle too. Just what I need on top of the pain in the knees.

Friday was hectic, lots of phone calls, went and got the kiddo and his friend. Got avon, went and picked up more boxes, and Gigantor had his friend D over. They went up town for hotdogs and boxes.

I had skinny K and Kiddo help me pull down windchimes. (Skinny K is almost 6 feet tall at 12.) So....they would pull them down and bring them to me, I was sitting on a stool, one leg in the tub one out, and shower head on, washing all the windchimes. D came back and started helping. (I have over 100 windchimes) We finished that and D and Gigantor loaded the axles in the back of his truck (he had taken the 8 wheels and checked them and got them aired up)

We made chili dogs, and after eating, Gigantor and I wrapped and packed every single windchime.

We went to bed, Gigantor worked this morning, then he greased the axles and made sure they were all rolling good.

I got up and started going through some stuff that is a nightmare in our room. Gigantor came in and helped, we have our room mostly done just needs packed up. I was stressing about how to pack and set down the gun safe (thought I would have to lay it on the floor) I was informed it's bolted in the wall. whooohooo no need to worry about it.

We worked in that room till after 5, then went up to some friends and had dinner (the friends who are letting us stay in their parents old house) Got home late, packed a box or two, and went to bed.

Sunday Gigantor got up and went up to the other lot and started working his butt off. He had to tear down a shed, and break up all the concrete under it, and pull an old gas line out.

I got up and a friend showed up (she's in her early 60's but a pistol still) And her and I hit it hard and got 5 boxes full of stuff wrapped and packed. All my decorative plates from two rooms, all my pictures off the walls, and all the stuff off the top of the cabinets that is breakable.

Then I went and wrote up all my avon and bagged it up.

Delivered some and me and Kiddo went up to get Gigantor and take him to lunch. We went back to the lot and ate, then a neighbor up the street came and helped with the back ho (gigantor borrowed the one from work) The neighbor leveled the spot where our trailer would go, as Gigantor dug out the sewer and water line. The neighbor and Gigantor cut off the line farther back so there is room for our trailer, and they cut off the gas line. Then they loaded all that concrete (in pieces) from the back of the yard, in the backho and moved it up by the dumpster.

Big J and Kiddo were filling in the holes where we pulled the trees out (big J will be living across the street from us when we move) Gigantor told them if they got both filled and leveled they would each get 5 bucks. Then he came and asked me for two 5's. The shit head. heheheheh

We came home and I packed another box, of the computer desk stuff. Gigantors cousin (who was raised as his brother) and his cousins real life brother (so another cousin) came down, (they were in town) And I really couldn't wait for them to leave. Not two of my favorite people in his family. uggghhhh

They didn't leave till after 6, and I had to send Gigantor down to the store to pick up a pack of meat (I forgot to set some out to thaw) and a gallon of milk. We finally ate around 8:30. We did watch the Stargate Ark of Truth movie though, enjoyed that.

Now I'm off to bed, and more packing tomorrow.

I'm so tired I could sleep a week.

Sorry for such a boring post.

Have a good Monday all, I feel like that bear in the picture. lmao

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a lot of progress is being made though! You guys are doing awesome!

captain corky said...

It sounds very exhausting. If I never move again, it will be to soon.

Vanessa said...

what's up? I've not seen you on my blog lately? I'm having a contest right now, go enter! I'd love to have you be the winner!

cookie monster said...

You know what would pick you up? A nice big pot of jellied eels!

Coffeypot said...

You have over 100 wind chimes? I bet when the wind blows it is noisier than a skeleton orgy on a tin roof.

Burfica said...

birdman--I will be so much happier when it's over. lol

corky--amen corky this is last time for us...FOREVER!!!

vanessa--I'm so sorry been in packing/moving hell. I'll come visit today I promise

cookie--ummmm ickkkkkkk

coffey--yeah I collect them, alot are outside, but the majority hang inside, and it's a nice pleasant noise when the ceiling fan is on.

CrystalChick said...

Wow, you guys really work!!
100 wind chimes... WOWOWOW.
I have a wooden one a cuz gave us from her trip to Hawaii and one I just bought a couple weeks ago that's outside. That's it.
I love the sound. But 100?
I guess it's very relaxing after getting used to it.

Burfica said...

crystal--they don't make much noise inside. I would love a covered porch one day and to hang some up outside. whooohoooo

Neoma said...

I have moved a few times in my life, and I know the feeling. Doesn't seem there is any end to the work. Once we moved, with a Uhaul, had to have it back in two days, I made 7 or 8 trips, loading and unloading, it was five hours round trip. The last load, we were just tossing things in, haha. I was so tired, I went to an ATM and just stood there, wasn't used to having to open a door to get the money, and my brain was to tire to work, and they "confiscated" my money and my card because I took to long. And this was in a town in between where we were moving from and where we were moving to. So talk about inconvenient. haha

Moving is the time that you wish you didn't collect anything.....I had many, many garage sales and got rid of things I wish I had now. haha

The worst part about moving is having to find something to eat. I think the hot dogs thing is a very good idea. I don't remember if we did eat...haha But I remember we spent one night in a motel, and that was the beginning of my back troubles. That bed was a rock pile.

Well good luck on everything, it will smooth out eventually, although I don't know about that outlet box thing, that just seems wrong.....

Phoenix5 said...

I think I can relate to that polar bear somedays! Especially after reading your Monday posts! Whew! Sounds like you need a weekend just to recover from your weekend!

You seem to collect a lot of different things! Dragons, wind chimes, plates... wow! I love the big metal wind chimes, with the tubes over 4 feet long - beautiful sound that!

BTW, I had to try that stupid word verification thingie FIVE times to get this to post! I'm NOT impressed!

Mia said...

OMG I look like that picture after reading the last couple posts. I'm feeling your pain.

Cant wait till you're all settled.

Burfica said...

nea--yeah I would much rather help someone else move than myself. I help tons of people and nobody has helped us.

Phoenix--Yup we like to collect a couple things. At least it's only dragons now, it use to be all that was fantasy.

Miranda--I can't wait either. hehehehee