CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Starting to get sick of moving.


I am so not a morning person, that would be me in that picture. But then again Kiddo isn't either. hahahahaha

I'm getting so tired of all the moving stuff, I hope it's over soon.

The guy showed up on Friday said he wanted that old trailer, and was going to go find wheels and axles to haul it, and be back on Sat and Sun to get it. Gigantor called him Saturday night after he didn't show up all day. The guy claims (I don't believe him though) that he looked for axles all day and couldn't find any, so isn't sure what to do, but wants us to hold it till next weekend. Gigantor said, well I'm not holding it long. I told Gigantor to call the guy on Wed, and if he hasn't found them to tell him well if you don't call me by Friday saying you are getting it Saturday then I'm starting to tear it down.

We need to get on top of this stuff. We can't be waiting any longer, or we are gonna run out of time.

We did get Captain Daddy's travel trailer moved on Saturday. A co worker came and helped Gigantor, they got it torn down moved and sat back up in about 4 hours. Then we all had some burgers and dogs over here at my house.

We have been visiting this weekend with my sister/friend (she is so close to me she is family, and came up to visit her parents for a few days so I get the bonus of stealing her once in a while) We haven't seen each other for over 2 years (right after mom died) So...I had been missing her big.

Sunday we got up and did some house work here, and I did avon (should have done it on Friday but we were so darn busy) Then went over to Gigantor's parents. She was doing a huge family lunch/dinner at 2. I say huge cuz they had all the family in town there--25 of us. But these stupid ass people can't cook for more than 4 or 6. One sister did bring a potato salad and it was HUGE. But we about polished it off. And then a cousins father in law brough a HUGE pasta salad, that only some of it got ate. (it wasn't very good) Another sister, did deviled eggs, 6 eggs that makes 12 deviled eggs for 25 of us. She did a celery platter with celery with peanut butter and cream cheese. About 3 stalks of celery cut into 3rds.

I just don't understand these people. I mean they grew up in a big family for shit sake. The mother in law made a ham. 1 ham that wasn't very big, we ran out of ham fast. Gigantor yelled at her early that she wouldn't have enough food, so she went and got two 10 piece buckets of chicken, and they had one piece left at the end. She did make baked beans but forgot to pull them out of the microwave till about 20 minutes into the meal. ugggghhhh

We brought desert. Instead of the typical, cake, cookies or brownies. We bought a huge box of ice cream sandwiches and ice cream bars (30 of them) and a big box of 24 popsicles. So...yeah everyone horded around the ice cream like a flash. And it was GONE. But it was like the only thing we had enough of.

Well still keep us in your prayers/thoughts about the guy finding axles and taking that trailer, it would be easier all the way around.

I'm gonna go read some blogs till Captain Daddy gets here. He was being so ornery about moving he didn't call cable or phone company to transfer anything so now he wants me to call them. grrrrr

Have a good Monday everyone!!!!


12 comments:

Neoma said...

I personally think moving sucks....I have done it enough times that I know I don't ever want to move again. haha

As to holding things for people, DON'T do it, I have learned my lesson there also. You will end up selling it for a lot less or not selling it at all, when you get down to the wire and have to sell it just to get rid of it. I did that one time, and never again. Had a frig for sale, first guy called wanted me to hold it. I had 30 calls....could have sold it a dozen time. That first guy never did show up and buy it.......then the next week he called me and wanted to know if I would still hold it, I told him, I sold it to the first person who came by with MONEY, after I had to place the add a second time.

Burfica said...

Nea--yeah we aren't holding it long. It wasn't for sale, it was free to whoever would take it. So..it's getting tore down if he doesn't take it before this weekend.

none said...

I always try to brink more than enough when I go to a potluck.

I hate it when people get stingy with the side dishes.

Good luck with getting everything taken care of.

Phoenix5 said...

Well, potluck means just that!;-)

Reminds me a story I read a long time ago. There was this town in Italy that was famous for it's wines. There was going to be a large festival and the regional governor was going to attend. The townspeople got this great idea of making a huge barrel of wine with each vineyard owner supplying a bottle of his best vintage. Each owner agreed to the deal. On the day of the festival, they opened the barrel to find pure water inside. It would appear that each of the owners was so cheap that he brought a bottle of water instead of his best wine, figuring all the other owners would bring wine and his bottle of water would go unoticed.

Sometimes, people try to "cheat" at a potluck hoping that others will more than make up for it. I guess your in-laws are like that village - all cheap! LOL!

Special K said...

You are right to not wait, who knows, he could be legit but like I said, don't wait.

Maybe your inlaws are poor or just plain stingy?? I don't know sounds like some of mine. My MIL used to take stuff to reunions like lots of cokes and chips but if we pulled up and she saw plenty there, she didn't even get hers out.
Heh. Makes me still laugh.

OH!!! I just updated some GOOD NEWS and damn it all, some bad too. But go read!

Burfica said...

Hammer and PHoenix--yeah I see that on pot lucks all the time, but these aren't pot lucks. They are a "family" member inviting everyone over for dinner. If you do that, you should provide enough food. But they never do. That's what pisses me off. When I do my bbq's and have everyone, I don't ask people to bring food and I always make sure I have more than enough. Better to have leftovers than hungry guests.

K--I will go read about your news. Yeah we aren't gonna wait long.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the axles.

When I host I absolutely lose sleep over not having enough food. For my Super Bowl Party every year, this was the first year in 15 I didn't do one, I pretty much got enough food for 25 people and then never had more than 12 there. lol

Pass the Ice Cream Sandwiches.

CrystalChick said...

I think I have the opposite family here. My MIL and SIL make sooooo much food they send it home with us. They know they are going to make way too much and buy those little plastic containers ahead of time! LOL Hey, fine with us, they are both great cooks and we don't mind eating their leftovers at all. I tend to make big meals too though so atleast one or two of us has lunch or din for the next day.
Have a good week. :)

Anonymous said...

Ice Cream. Yum!

Burfica said...

birdman--yeah we always make food for 5 over the max amount we invited.

Crystal--I wish my in laws were more that way, and I even wish they were good cooks. hahahaha We make big meals too, we would rather eat for two days than cook every day.

Babzy--mmmm is right.

Joy T. said...

Maybe they should be switching to more of a potluck thing and then they'd never have to worry about running out of food. There's nothing worse then having a large crowd over and running out of food! Hope the move gets a bit better and things go smoothly from here on out.

~SugarBear~ said...

Geez I love that picture. Just insert two of the angry little buggers & you've got my aliens!!!