CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

2 down 2 to go.

Well two dinners down, and two to go.

On Wednesday we went to my friends (the one that lost her dad) They did a big dinner. Couple things I wasn't used too. They had no cold side dishes (but I did take a carrot raisin salad), And the stuffing was way way wet, like you easterners do it. Us westerners make a rather dry stuffing. But it was still good. But no deviled eggs. What kind of holiday meal has no deviled eggs???

Tonight we went to my husbands, sisters, husbands parents house. pant pant, that was a mouth full. There was about 20 of us, from their family and my our side there. It was pretty nice though. Turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed taters, candied yams, rolls, fruit salad, deviled eggs, about 15 veggie trays, and then the pies. I made a pumpkin and a cream cheese pie. And they had a chocolate pie, coconut cream, apple and mincemeat. Plus they had tons of candies and fruit out everywhere. Now that is a family that knows how to cook for a crowd. Also they had plenty of drinks for everyone. I got to Gigantors families get togethers, and there is 20 to 30 people and no drinks. EVER. I've never had a function at my in laws where they have had drinks.

Tomorrow I am making a small turkey, small carrot raisin salad, small poofoo, small candied yams, some rolls, small plate of deviled eggs, and pies. Just for us and Captain Daddy. That way we have a few leftovers.

Saturday my aunt and uncle want us over, they will have my cousin and her husband, and my aunts parents and brother, and Captain Daddy. They asked me to bring mashed potatoes, and poofoo, so I will make big batches of those. I asked about candied yams and they weren't gonna have any, so I said I would bring some, and again, everyone forgot deviled eggs, so I will take a couple or three dozen of those.

All in all, it's been a great thanksgiving weekend so far. Haven't gotten to depressed about missing mom, and I thought it would be real bad with what happened last week.

And I have a that fricken sinus infection, and I had to take Kiddo to the doctor yesterday, he has one also. grrrrrrrrrr

I hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving.

Have a good Friday all!!!!

12 comments:

Libby said...

burfica, what is up with this shit about people thinking they can have a holiday dinner without deviled eggs??? my bro had about 35 people at his house today for dinner; any deviled eggs? HA!! i'm gonna make 'em & take them to his house for christmas!!

Anonymous said...

That's the only way you're guaranteed to have devilled eggs is if you make them yourself. Glad you had a nice time so far. I want turkey! Our Thanksgiving was over a month ago and it's still a long ways 'till Xmas.

Burfica said...

libby--I'm making some tomorrow for our little family dinner. Then on Sat, for the big family dinner, I'm making like 4 dozen. hehehehehe

Babzy--hey I party on canada's thanksgiving, just say you are supporting your american buddies and have another dinner. heheheheh

Zibi said...

OHHHH ... all that food. My stomach hurts already :-)

Anonymous said...

We have 1 more celebration to attend but I think we are going to skip out. I can't handle anymore turkey.

P.S.

I have you linked on my blog. You have been there for quite a while now. I linked you under Burfica because your blog title was too long to fit in my damn side bar.

Burfica said...

zibi--take some tums, eat a turkey and call me in the morning. hehehehe

Ponderings--see I must be blind. hehehehe we have two more and one I'm putting on, so I can't skip out. But two have had ham at them so not to bad with the turkey.

Jules said...

HAve I wished you a Happy Thanksgiving yet?

What are these candied yams people keep talking about? And deviled eggs at all the holidays? Umm... okay then. Not here in Canada for any holiday... !

I hope your sinus drip doesn't keep you up at night coughing! (hugs)

Mia said...

Lol...ok that Poofoo gets me everytime. I think its just the name....like falafal. oO(Yeah I know Im weird)

Burfica said...

jules--you missing out without all the eggs and yams. hehehehe

miranda--some lady I know calls it a dump salad. I like poofoo better. hehehehe My uncle calls it foofoo or boofoo. the dork.

Phoenix5 said...

Deviled eggs.... BLECH! LOL! I just can't believe all the food you guys eat at special occasions - it must be an American thing (ducking and running)!

Glad you're having a good Thanksgiving!

Burfica said...

phoenix--sounds like tons of food, but usually have 20 to 30 people most times. so not bad.

Canadian flake said...

ok nowwwwwww I am hungry...omg you are making me drool just thinking about all of this food...ok I am going now to find something boring to eat..lol.