CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Prayers Please

I might not be on blogs for a while. I won't be able to read or post.

I got a call this morning from one of my old school best friends. Well her husband called. Her and I are still friends. She was in town taking care of her father after he had a shunt put in. He is a sick man, kidney failure, high blood pressure, diabetes, and now the shunt put in.

Well her husband called me to tell me that her father shot and killed himself last night.

Apparently my friend and her 2 year old were still here taking care of him. Her husband and 5 year old had gone back home to get back to school (he's a teacher) And she couldn't find her dad yesterday afternoon. She had the entire neighborhood out looking for him.

Finally about 6 last night, she called the police. They came and said, well lets search the back yard again. (thinking maybe he fell and knocked himself unconscious where they couldn't see) So they are going through the back yard. And my friend goes--That garden shed shouldn't be open, I locked it. And before the officer could get there, she had stepped over and opened it up. With her 2 year old in her arms.

And her father was in there.

I spent the entire day over there. I had Gigantor clean up the shed. The police said the family had to do it. Gigantor was on the fire dept and an E.M.T. for years, that was his job. So...I had him go take care of it.

We got home late tonight, and I am thinking I will be up there each day. Making sure if they need anything, helping where I can. Making sure her and the kids eat. Her husband and her brother have been running all over taking care of things, so someone needs to take care of her.

I hope to be back soon, with more gooder news.

Please keep her and her brother in your prayers. They are not doing good at all, they are really in a bad place emotionally right now.

Thank you everyone, you all are great.

18 comments:

Jules said...

Oh My God, Estee... I can't fathom seeing something like that, let alone it be my own dad. Please do pass on well wishes... and condolences... and you just stay away as long as you need to with the knowledge that I'm thinking about you and her family and praying that everyone can get through this.... ((((HUGE HUGS))))

Burfica said...

Jules---thank you so much. It's just so dam hard seeing someone you love hurting that bad, and not being able to fix it.

Mia said...

OMG....big hugs to you and your friend.....You're in my prayer, both of you.

Biddie said...

My hubby's brother did the same thing in the basement of the family home. His mom had to clean it up. I can not imagine anything worse.
Tell your friend that she is my thoughts and prayers. xx

Burfica said...

miranda---thank you so much.

Biddie---omg that so sucks ass. thanks for the prayers.

Marni said...

That is horrible but you are being a wonderful, thoughtful friend. They are lucky there.

Hugs to you all. You are in my prayers.

melodyann said...

What a horrible thing, burf. And what a wonderful friend you are...

Anonymous said...

Terrible.

I'm so sorry.

Azathoth100 said...

That so sucks Bur, hope your friend and her family will be alright. It's gonna take time and love, 2 things I'm sure you can give.

~SugarBear~ said...

I can't even imagine what the family must be going through right now. I will keep them in my prayers - you too as you need the strength to keep up with your stuff as well as hers. God bless you for taking care of them.

Anonymous said...

That is terrible! Oh the nightmares she will forever have.

She is very lucky to have a friend like you to support her and her family.

My condolences to everyone!

Canadian flake said...

Please let your friend know that we are here thinking of you all and praying for her family. This is a tragedy that will take a long time to heal from. I hope some day they will take comfort in the fact that his suffering is over.

Love you honey.

Kat said...

Burfy~
You rock Sister-Friend! Your friend is so blessed to have you there looking after her.

No, you can't fix it...but you are sure making it a lot easier for her to bear!

Sugar said...

OMG..that is awful. Thank God she has a great friend like you to look out for her in her time of need. You and your friend and her family will be in my prayers. Sending you courage and faith to help you and your friend get through this and come out of the other side strong.

Burfica said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It is very shocking. That Wed was a nightmare of a day. They are doing a bit better today. I'm off to take care of her kids while they go meet with the lawyer, and I need to buy a bunch of shit and make it for the memorial tomorrow. I will be back soon.

You all are so great, I'm so blessed to have all you blogger buddies.

MomThatsNuts said...

Oh burf, life just sucks some days! I am so sorry, but so happy that you can be there. God Bless Gigantor for doing a horrible job so the family wouldnt have to. Prayers and good thoughts out your way ! Hang in there!

Mom

Phoenix5 said...

Thinking of you and your friend, Burfica. She is so lucky to have you as a friend, as I am!

jAMiE said...

So sorry for your friends loss...what a tragedy....both of you are in my prayers.