CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good Luck still there

Remember the charity dinner I went to, and won all that shit??? Well I guess my good luck is holding.

My sister in law held a candle party last night. I went of course. Her and my niece had given me a 20 dollar gift certificate back on my birthday. So...I wanted to use that. The candles are a bit expensive, but OMG they smell soooo good.

It's called Gold Canyon candles. They are a company here from Arizona. Last few candles I got, I burned them down till the wicks disappeared, then I put them on a candle warmer thing. And got another 3 to 6 weeks worth of scent out of that tiny bit of wax. So...i think I got my moneys worth.

Now they had this cute door prize for whoever spent the most at the party. Some of they ladies there I recognized, and they had/have lots of money. I guess they only got one candle a piece or something, maybe two. Cuz they told me I spent the most.

I said, well use my total after you take the 20 off, so it's fair, and they said I still spent the most. hahahaha I only spent 30 bucks after the 20 was off, but ordered me 4 candles. whooohooo

So...I got this really cute snowman thing. Then I told them I would hold a party also. So I got a little bag, and it had a reindeer thing in it. And I collect reindeer. whooohooooo lol

The big highlight of the evening. Is how stupid and insensitive my brother in law can be. He does taxidermy. That's making the deer heads and stuffed dead animals people. So...instead of waiting till all the ladies leave. He proceeds to start boiling heads. They have to boil them to get all the flesh and meat and stuff off of the skulls, so he can work with them.

So...yeah that was a great smell to walk through to get to our cars. Smelled just like the slaughter house I took a tour of when I was in 4-H when I was a kid.

Anyhow that was my exciting Monday. I would love that kind of luck with lottery tickets. hehehehe

Hope you all had a good Monday, and continue to have a good Tuesday everyone!!!

10 comments:

Alekx said...

Maybe he was making himself soup.

Burfica said...

alekx---I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Libby said...

boiled heads? i've heard of 'head cheese'!! is this how you start making it??

Burfica said...

libby--ummm yuck to both, and no. lol

~SugarBear~ said...

That's the most sickening smell.... ewwww. Burn more candles!

Burfica said...

C--thank god they don't live near me. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about lighting a candle just to get the smell out of my head over the thought of bubbling animal flesh.

Gross!!!!!

Canadian flake said...

when ya win the lottery could ya pleaseeeeeee send some my way? I don't need a lot...just enough to get us through and pay rent for a month or 2?? pleaseeeeeeee..ya love me enough to NOT see me homeless don't ya?? LOL.

Burfica said...

ponderings--yeah that's a smell you don't wanna be around.

Flake--of course your on the top 5 on my list. hehehehe

Phoenix5 said...

I could use a little of that luck, Burfica, so SHARE! LOL! please?